Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 11:30 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Easy to see? Ya think?!? Another good hoot!

You are like Trump Jr! Rather than accept and admit that Obama is not the topic of focus here, and rather than admit that bringing up others, other wrong doing, is nothing but more deflection, (not to mention the link I DID provide that does a pretty good job of criticizing Obama despite the fact that Obama is not POTUS today), you just double down and continue the same nonsense just like Trump does!

I can EASILY defend what Obama did right and EASILY criticize where Obama fell short, though perhaps not better in my own words as those in the link I provided. Fact remains, however, Obama is not the one now pushing for a $5 billion dollar wall after promising that Mexico would pay for it.

That's Trump, not Obama!

Want to stop playing your childish games now, because I think that's called, starts with d..., rhymes with umm...

Sums up your posts very well.....

Old 01-19-2019, 11:31 AM

587 posts, read 305,028 times
Border Patrol wants the Steel see through version,
And thats what they should get..

They are the experts not the public,

Giv'em what they want but if 1 illegal gets by thats a deduct outta your check

Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The best way would be to built it several feet into the water away from the bank.

Its solves two main objections and problems and would work like a mote.

1) Extremely difficult to raise and climb a ladder in a boat.

2) It would flood any tunnel

It would limit the damage to the ecology by illegals. The well worn paths leading from the bank would grow over and as the vegetation returns so will the birds nesting in them who can fly over the wall and crap on the boat people making the ladders a bit more slippery . A big plus you might not have considered !!!
Build a wall smack in the middle of a river that twists and turns extensively for over 1000 miles? You got to be kidding! Do you have any idea how logistically ridiculous that project would be?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Build a wall smack in the middle of a river that twists and turns extensively for over 1000 miles? You got to be kidding! Do you have any idea how logistically ridiculous that project would be?
Yep. The videos I posted above show this definitively. It's absolutely absurd.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:37 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'm sure we have a couple of engineers that will figure it out.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:40 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is a fascinating series of videos that film the entire border from the air. I had no idea of the Texas topography before I watched them. And they point out just how absurd the idea of building a wall on the vast majority of the border actually is.

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall...ve-border-map/
The really absurd idea is to believe that every inch of the border must be walled!!!

Old 01-19-2019, 11:40 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
UGH no one including Trump wants a wall/barrier along the entire border. There are places that due to the rugged terrain it is not needed because it is impassable.

We need a barrier in other places where people can just walk right in. The steel slats are the way to go.

Imagine a wall that stretches for hundreds of miles that if you try to go under or over the border patrol is alerted to stop you. The next step would be to walk to where there is an entry point and that is where you can plead your case for asylum or whatever nonsense you have been told to say. At least then we will know who is coming in even if they never show up for their court date.

A wall might actually save lives because people will not be chancing dragging their kids through terrible conditions.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
according to drumfs using a five billion dollar wall will stop anyone or thing so we all better start go fund me pages for the expensive steel doors and floors (no tunneling)we will all need to keep those non English speaking people out of our homes .
You know they bring in dangerous things like children,foreign languages and OH MY GOSH PRAYER RUGS!!!!!
Drugs, Human Trafficking, Narcos, Coyotes, Crime. Nothing dangerous We can just get rid of the Border Patrol too! Not needed with all of the fat mamas and mal nourished children.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. The videos I posted above show this definitively. It's absolutely absurd.
The biggest security issue our country is facing is a president lacking common sense and a lack of education and critical thinking ability in those who support trump's ridiculous ideas!

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
The wall has never been planned to be contiguous, and I feel confident that most everyone knows that.

If you are still asking how’s and why’s you either haven’t been paying attention, or you have an ulterior motive in continuing to question things that have already been answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies