Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 10:55 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...utdown-1159753

The art of the deal has done it again folks. This wall will be funded.
What a intentionally misleading thread.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
^^ Looks like the Trumpies are prepared to declare victory in defeat. That's all that is needed. We'll see how Rush likes the deal.
Would you expect anything else from Trump supporters? LOL

Last year, democrats were willing to give Donald Trump $25 BILLION for his wall. Trump turned it down.

Trump closed the gov't for the longest shut down in history, vowing that he would not reopen gov't until he got his full $5.7B for the wall. Trump failed as he reopened gov't a few weeks ago with ZERO wall funding.

Most gov't shutdowns end in compromise, with BOTH SIDES getting a little bit of what they want. But it looks like Trump won't even get a third of what he wanted, as the $1.3B number has been part of recent talks this past week for "border barrier."

A major loss for Trump, but leave it to his supporters to create thread like this to get out ahead of the story and spin it as a Trump "win," even though not even getting a THIRD of his $5.7 is nowhere near Trump "winning" and democrats "caving."

But many Trump supporters are unreasonable people, so what would you expect from them? LOL

Old 02-10-2019, 12:59 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Confused...

Nope, but you seem to be.

Quote:
I've never been against border security and/or the barriers that we've had in place for a long time now. I'm not against strengthening that border security in the most cost-effective intelligent manner possible.

Good, so...why are you here then?

Quote:
The government shut down over what Trump has been demanding, however, is just what according to you? Did I miss something?

Yea, damn he stick up for what he was elected for....I know it's a strange concept, to some, that he is actually doing that, and it appears many just don't like it. Oh well....

Quote:
Seems you now want to suggest America is doing as Trump wants and all this threat of another shut down, negotiations, is about what exactly?

Holding to his promise....strange concept to you?

Quote:
You tell me if not about what Trump wants vs what has already been done since before Trump came along and/or as now also being negotiated going forward?

Nothing has been done for over a decade....signed border patrol....

Quote:
Are you suggesting Trump can just declare victory here too, and we can go on with our lives? Never mind who actually pays for what?

Nope, and even though you say you don't hold people to their exact words...here you are doing it, again.

Quote:
That would be nice, since we're a bit overdue by now...

I hope you remember PAYGO....

Old 02-10-2019, 01:00 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Answers bolded and truthful.
Any context that can go along with your answers?

Old 02-10-2019, 03:36 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

Has there ever really been any doubt? These are the stupidest people I've ever met in my life. It's never been anything less than blindingly obvious.

Remember, these are the same idiots who fully believed that Obama was born in Kenya. So yeah, it is painfully obvious.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Then tell us, what exactly is his plan? I mean, exactly. What are the exact details of what he wants to do on the border? Can you find that anywhere online?

I'll save you some time - you can't. It doesn't exist. He's been throwing screaming temper tantrums for 2 years, demanding tens of billions of dollars for some sort of barrier, but he has never once laid out a specific plan for exactly what he wants to build with that money.

You really never noticed that?

Has there ever really been any doubt? These are the stupidest people I've ever met in my life. It's never been anything less than blindingly obvious.

It's common knowledge that Trump wants to fix the inferior fencing on the 700 miles of border that congress had built years ago. It's also common knowledge that he wants to add an additional 300 miles of good physical barriers. Where have you been? Look it up yourself.

Screaming tantrums? lol! Oh the melodramatics of the left.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:23 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's common knowledge that Trump wants to fix the inferior fencing on the 700 miles of border that congress had built years ago. It's also common knowledge that he wants to add an additional 300 miles of good physical barriers. Where have you been? Look it up yourself.

Screaming tantrums? lol! Oh the melodramatics of the left.

LOL, do you really believe that lie? Trump has repeatedly said he was a big shiny concrete 2000 mile wall that you can see from space.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:30 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
LOL, do you really believe that lie? Trump has repeatedly said he was a big shiny concrete 2000 mile wall that you can see from space.

Er, no. You need to keep up, babe. Things have moved on.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
If you want to watch the video of the livestream event yesterday in Tucson here it is. Only one protester!

WeFundTheWall has morphed into WeBuildTheWall now. There is a management team and advisory board of 'heavy hitters' some of whom spoke at the Town Hall. There are going to be other Town Halls across the country to raise more money and get more volunteers. By the way, President Trump has given his blessing to this effort.

Guests on the panel for Tucson were founder Brian Kolfage, Steve Bannon, Kris Kobach, Brandon Darby, ex-Congressman Tom Tancredo, an Angel Mom and an Angel Dad, with One America News moderator. Wonderful progress and all of your questions will be answered and fake news lies will be busted.

When I saw the time stamp on the video I figured I'd break it up and watch it in several sittings but it was so informative that I watched straight through, even the bonus interviews at the end. The first part was the tail end of media questions before the audience filed in. Venue totally filled up when panel started. I am better informed than most on border problems but you will hear things you never see reported elsewhere except alternative media. Very scary stuff that concerns all Americans including Democrats (which is why many have contributed). Highly recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdv...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-10-2019, 04:45 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Monday bills with Wall/Barrier funding should be in progress.
Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Hillary should be president and we see how that turned out, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies