Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2019, 01:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,650,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Those comments are 7 years old. Before she got her job, and during a period where people change immensely.

If she tweeted this within the last several months, I'd agree - fire her. 7 year old comments should be off limits. Even 'actual crimes' have statutory limits.
They're not 7 years old - they were posted over a period of 7 years, from 2011 - 2017.

We've already gone over this, I don't understand why folks are still confused about the basics of this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 01:18 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,923,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They're not 7 years old - they were posted over a period of 7 years, from 2011 - 2017.

We've already gone over this, I don't understand why folks are still confused about the basics of this case.
Even if they're 7 years old... You don't ignore these kind of comments. Not for a physician.

People need to learn that freedom of speech does not mean freedom from all consequences of said speech.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:19 PM

2,362 posts, read 780,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

The article in the OP shows a post made on January 2012 and nothing else. So what post did she make during 2017 that's offensive? It's not stated in the article, but you seem to know.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:24 PM

4,064 posts, read 2,150,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I still think we are heading to a terrible place in our culture if someone's career they have spent decades building can be destroyed in one minute just because they post a political thought that is anti-PC in some way toward some group.

It's one reason I don't do social media.

"Anti PC in some way toward some group" is one thing, like saying you find it ridiculous to use the pronoun "they" when referring to a singular someone so you don't have to use the typical gender terms of him or her. Saying that you want to kill/harm innocent people as a doctor by giving them the wrong meds is quite another thing.

In all likelihood, she may never have given any Jewish person the wrong meds in her entire career not because of her ethics as a doctor or as a human being, but simply because she wouldn't want anything traced to her that would ruin her career, result in a lawsuit, etc. But the fact that she posted this online, even years ago, does give pause, especially since the anti-Semitism continued years after.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:39 PM

4,064 posts, read 2,150,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Good. It is place for people to express their disgust and horror that this person is a doctor.

I agree---but it's scary that there are over 100 ratings giving her a 5-star rating, supporting her (over 300 one star ratings, so definitely more people who don't condone what she did/stands for/having her continue in medicine.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
The article in the OP shows a post made on January 2012 and nothing else. So what post did she make during 2017 that's offensive? It's not stated in the article, but you seem to know.
I referenced earlier in the thread that based on articles I've read, it was a series of tweets over a period of 7 years.

Someone else confirmed that and copied and pasted several of those tweets.

And please don't ask people to force feed you by asking what the tweets said when we've already done the work, you just need to click through the pages and read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Even if they're 7 years old... You don't ignore these kind of comments. Not for a physician.

People need to learn that freedom of speech does not mean freedom from all consequences of said speech.
Exactly right. If a cop had posted 7 years ago that he was going to kill black people or if a priest had tweeted 7 years ago that he was going to screw children every chance he was alone with them, would posters be saying, 'But it was one tweet...7 years ago'?

Not the same as Joe Manager using the N word in one tweet 7 years ago with years of working well with and promoting black folks ever since.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:48 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times
There's always the New York Times. She could be their "medical reporter," and sit next to Sarah Jeong.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:49 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,678,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/...413a48bea.html

She is of Palestinian heritage and was posting some very questionable things about purposefully giving Jewish patients the wrong medications. Should she have her license to practice medicine revoked?
I believe the Hippocratic oath would say as much.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
There's always the New York Times. She could be their "medical reporter," and sit next to Sarah Jeong.
LMAO - brilliant!

Old 01-03-2019, 03:57 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,602,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post

Exactly.

When you go to a doctor, you are literally trusting that person with your life. This person does not sound like someone in whom I would place that kind of confidence, regardless of her race, religion, politics, or even if she was "just kidding."

There are occupations that are "just a job," and those that are a calling - medicine, education, and law enforcement, to name a few. People who choose these professions have the power to do either great good or great harm, and with that power comes great responsibility.

Also, freedom of speech means she gets to say things like that and not end up in jail. It doesn't mean she gets to say them and still be entitled to the level of trust one wants to place in a healer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies