Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 08:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
WTH are you talking about? There are thousands breaching our border illegally every month. They aren't flying in here or coming through a legal port of entry with a visa.

Sure the visa over stayers are a problem also but so are the border jumpers. The wall is for the border jumpers, duh. The visa over stayers will just have to be dealt with in a different way.
Statistically the government has recorded the biggest percentage of illegal residents in the USA is from overstaying visas.

It is what it is - -the numbers aren't made up.

Deal with the visa overstayers FIRST.......that's the easiest and least expensive way to reduce illegal immigration.

I suspect many of the dreamers are children of folks who originally came to the USA on a visa to work a farm and stayed.

See how that works
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 08:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Anything democrats bring to the table is nonsensical or does not statistically makes any sense. Sorry. I cant find one thing that they say or want to be beneficial to the country.

Well, I guess that is because you have been spoiled by having a President who got so much done in his first two years ! Hahahahahahahahahaha ! Oh, I almost pulled a muscle, laughing at THAT ONE !

Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Well, I guess that is because you have been spoiled by having a President who got so much done in his first two years ! Hahahahahahahahahaha ! Oh, I almost pulled a muscle, laughing at THAT ONE !
Go ahead. Show me some accomplishments. Im all ears ....

Old 01-05-2019, 10:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The stark contrast is always apparent and so easily explained...the GOP now exists to rob the treasury and funnel more money to the top while the Dems actually come to govern and improve the lives of the average American.
I have to agree and their campaigns reflected that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Republican motto: Taxes BAD, deficits GOOD. They don’t like paying bills that keep this country running. They would rather pass the buck down to our children, along with global warming. They are entitled and spoiled generation, with no foresight.
Young people are figuring that out. I cannot figure out how a parent or grandparent can keep denying climate change and leave their children to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
WTH are you talking about? There are thousands breaching our border illegally every month. They aren't flying in here or coming through a legal port of entry with a visa.

Sure the visa over stayers are a problem also but so are the border jumpers. The wall is for the border jumpers, duh. The visa over stayers will just have to be dealt with in a different way.
The majority of all unauthorized immigrants are Visa overstayers. Let's see Trump address that FIRST and then we can talk about a wall.

Speaking of the wall - what IS 5 billion going to do when MIT engineers estimate the cost of the wall at 31.2 billion? And that's not counting maintaining that 'wall' in the face of natural disasters, etc. And we the taxpayers will be footing ALL those bills.

Is this really the best use of our money?

Old 01-05-2019, 05:34 PM

672 posts, read 256,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
70 percent tax on income over 10 million dollars; impeach a corrupt, inept, childish president incapable of telling the truth and presenting coherent domestic and foreign policies; do away with a cumbersome mechanism for electing presidents that was established 250 years ago and has outlived its usefulness; reinvigorate the understanding that the United States is governed by the Rule of Law, and not, as the Orange One believes, a single individual who is above the law; and enact sensible immigration policies that are appropriate for 21st realities. What’s not to like?
Sounds good to me. I'm hoping a lot of Trumpist heads explode as well.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:04 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Better question- why even earn one dollar over 10 million in one year?

Because some entrepreneurs who seek to earn more than that would expand their businesses and create more jobs.

Quote:
I would LOVE to disincentive that
Re the above ^^^^^, disincentivize is correct, not disincentive.

But why?

Why would you want remove the incentive for entrepreneurs to expand their businesses, or create new businesses, both of which might/could create more jobs?

Quote:
It would have great benefits for 99 percent of Americans.
How?

If entrepreneurs and investors sat on their money beyond that and didn't use it to create or expand businesses or to invest it for more income or capital gains, how would that benefit 99% of Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies