Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 05:47 PM

672 posts, read 256,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I refuse to "co-exist" with anyone whose religion requires that I be converted, or beheaded, or stoned to death.
I do not want Sharia Law in my city, county, state, or country.
I still question how any practicing Muslim can swear allegiance to the Constitution and laws of the United States!
I know many Muslims. Not one of them has tried to stone me to death or convert me.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:32 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,985,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
I know many Muslims. Not one of them has tried to stone me to death or convert me.

Then they are not really obeying their "Prophet", are they? Nor are they following the instructions in their Koran on how to deal with "Infidels" (that is YOU, by the way, if you do not believe in Mohamed).

Yep, just as many who profess to be Christians do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. The most commonly not followed teaching or instruction is the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20). Very few self-professed Christians ever follow Christ's last instruction to his disciples.

IMO, even Wiccans are faulty in following their religion.

I know, from reading news reports, that there have been Muslims in the United States that have demanded that their employers give them a room in which to pray, and time to pray 5 times per day.
So far, the last I heard, the employers have successfully said NO!

I have also read that Muslims have asked for enclaves where only Muslims will be allowed to live, and where Sharia Law will be enforced, and local law enforcement personnel would be forbidden (unless they are Muslim).
So far, the last I heard, such requests have been voted down, quite firmly.

There have also been requests for Muslim attire for females whenever or wherever they want to wear it.
Many such requests have been denied.

IMO, from what I have read, Muslims do not want to assimilate into American (or any other) society. They want to immigrate to the United States (and other countries), and slowly take it over. I do not believe we should allow that!
I feel the same way about Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus, Shintos, Catholics, LDS, Baptists, Hutterites, Mennonites, Moonies, or any other belief systems.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:40 PM

57,333 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Then they are not really obeying their "Prophet", are they? Nor are they following the instructions in their Koran on how to deal with "Infidels" (that is YOU, by the way, if you do not believe in Mohamed).

Yep, just as many who profess to be Christians do not follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. The most commonly not followed teaching or instruction is the Great Commission (Matthew 28: 18-20). Very few self-professed Christians ever follow Christ's last instruction to his disciples.

IMO, even Wiccans are faulty in following their religion.

I know, from reading news reports, that there have been Muslims in the United States that have demanded that their employers give them a room in which to pray, and time to pray 5 times per day.
So far, the last I heard, the employers have successfully said NO!

I have also read that Muslims have asked for enclaves where only Muslims will be allowed to live, and where Sharia Law will be enforced, and local law enforcement personnel would be forbidden (unless they are Muslim).
So far, the last I heard, such requests have been voted down, quite firmly.

There have also been requests for Muslim attire for females whenever or wherever they want to wear it.
Many such requests have been denied.

IMO, from what I have read, Muslims do not want to assimilate into American (or any other) society. They want to immigrate to the United States (and other countries), and slowly take it over. I do not believe we should allow that!
I feel the same way about Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus, Shintos, Catholics, LDS, Baptists, Hutterites, Mennonites, Moonies, or any other belief systems.
Many Muslims have assimilated into the US quite peacefully, do you know any personally, work with them. When someone needs to quote scripture as an excuse for bias against another religion watch out.

Do you live near any Muslims or are you just quoting "from what your read".

Old 01-07-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Many Muslims have assimilated into the US quite peacefully, do you know any personally, work with them. When someone needs to quote scripture as an excuse for bias against another religion watch out.

Do you live near any Muslims or are you just quoting "from what your read".

I seriously doubt that poster has even met a Muslim, let alone talked with one. Just some scared old person hyped up on the RW hate machine and fear of the "other".

Old 01-07-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I guess you are an equal opportunity hater then.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:11 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
Exactly. One of them is my neighbor whose daughter plays with mine.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:13 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Devout Muslim's are also devoutly anti-American. Go to a mosque and listen to a sermon. Observe how women are treated differently then men. And the list goes on.
Rubbish. I've actually read parts of the Quran and a lot of it resembles the Bible.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:59 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Devout Muslim's are also devoutly anti-American. Go to a mosque and listen to a sermon. Observe how women are treated differently then men. And the list goes on.
Lol you realize women don't pray in a mosque? They're not allowed to pray with men in a mosque, so how are you going to observe men and women being treated differently

Devout Muslims are not "devoutly" anti-American. They probably are more likely to help you (when you face challenges) than your fellow Christian Americans.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:02 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,911,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I can almost hear banjos playing and those town folk saying " He ain't our kind !" Trump would be SO proud.
I live in DFW area-
I think many GOP voters know Muslim-believers, work with them, have kids in schools with with--
I think they likely are very ashamed of this but won't opposit it
One reason the GOP legislature has been so dominant in TX politics for several decades
People go along with those whom they don't really agree with because they fear being "cast out" from the main stream of society...

Old 01-08-2019, 12:05 PM

17,010 posts, read 12,605,196 times
I honestly thought this was fake but it is real. They should keep the doctor and boot everyone calling for his removal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies