Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 01:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times

Advertisements

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...a,nh/PST045218

Some very rich states in like North Dakota, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire are in a position to offer comprehensive safety-net programs.

If I lived in North Dakota, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Hampshire I would vote for safety-net programs like Medicaid expansions, safety-net expansion etc. They can be trusted and have a proven track record of spending the citizens money wisely.

Hopefully, California repeals the frauduent, ineffective, sham Medi-Cal program.

Governor Newsom if he were smart would repeal admit the state is too poor to afford Medi-Cal expansion and repeal it

If I lived in North Dakota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire I would vote for welfare programs because the politicians in those states have shown to be good stewards of the public purse, there is a culture of accountability, the hospitals have more than enough supply in the system, social programs actually show tangible results in those states.

North Dakota is rich enough and the poverty is low enough that there is no moral hazard in offering safety-net programs.

North Dakota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire are in a position and rich enough to offer comprehensive safety-net's like Medicaid and programs to their citizens.

North Dakota for instance has a population of people with very hard work ethic who like to work and productive members of society. Employers tend to offer health insurance because most employers in the state have to do so to remain competitive in it's extremely low unemployment and constant labor shortage

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/total-monthly-medicaid-and-chip-enrollment/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Lo cation%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D"

California has 13 million of it's 39 million residents on Medicaid for a rate of 33% compared to 12% in North Dakota.

California should opt out of the Medicaid expansion because it can't afford it. At least Florida knows they don't have the supply in their health care system and can't offered it.

https://www.dhcs.ca.gov/dataandstats...ly2018_ADA.pdf

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-19-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 02:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,623,335 times
Yawn

Old 01-19-2019, 02:57 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
If I lived in North Dakota I'd need a safety net to prevent death after jumping off a tall building.

Shout out to Fargo!

Old 01-19-2019, 03:05 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Some very rich states in like North Dakota, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire are in a position to offer comprehensive safety-net programs.

If I lived in North Dakota, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New Hampshire I would vote for safety-net programs like Medicaid expansions, safety-net expansion etc. They can be trusted and have a proven track record of spending the citizens money wisely.

Hopefully, California repeals the frauduent, ineffective, sham Medi-Cal program.

Governor Newsom if he were smart would repeal admit the state is too poor to afford Medi-Cal expansion and repeal it

If I lived in North Dakota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire I would vote for welfare programs because the politicians in those states have shown to be good stewards of the public purse, there is a culture of accountability, the hospitals have more than enough supply in the system, social programs actually show tangible results in those states.

North Dakota is rich enough and the poverty is low enough that there is no moral hazard in offering safety-net programs.

North Dakota, Massachusetts, New Hampshire are in a position and rich enough to offer comprehensive safety-net's like Medicaid and programs to their citizens.

North Dakota for instance has a population of people with very hard work ethic who like to work and productive members of society. Employers tend to offer health insurance because most employers in the state have to do so to remain competitive in it's extremely low unemployment and constant labor shortage

https://www.kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/total-monthly-medicaid-and-chip-enrollment/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Lo cation%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D"

California has 13 million of it's 39 million residents on Medicaid for a rate of 33% compared to 12% in North Dakota.

California should opt out of the Medicaid expansion because it can't afford it. At least Florida knows they don't have the supply in their health care system and can't offered it.

yet another California rant /sigh. How many times a day are you going to make these threads?

Old 01-19-2019, 04:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
All States are in a position to offer comprehensive safety-net programs, and only States should offer those programs and not the federal government.

You've been doing it all wrong for decades and decades.

You should be paying 15% in taxes to your State government and 3% to the federal government, not 15% to the federal government and 3% to the State.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:

To repeat myself, pay for your own stuff.

Old 01-19-2019, 04:51 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,796,031 times
They can offer and afford it because they don’t even need it. Very very few people in North Dakota and New Hampshire live in poverty. With cost of living adjustments those 2 states have the largest middle classes in the world. Also have some of the lowest amounts of illegal immigration(goes hand in hand). Very well run states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies