Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 06:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A large portion of the things posted here are simply made up.
lol Like when you said Rand Paul uses Congressional healthcare finanaced by taxpayers?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-17-2019 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 07:35 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because that is an issue you made up. It's about doing it as well as Shouldice Hernia Hospital.
It's hernia surgery not an organ transplant get over it.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
did you read

Many complications related to hernia repair with surgical mesh that have been reported to the FDA have been associated with recalled mesh products that are no longer on the market. Pain, infection, recurrence, adhesion, obstruction, and perforation are the most common complications associated with recalled mesh. In the FDA’s analysis of medical adverse event reports to the FDA, recalled mesh products were the main cause of bowel perforation and obstruction complications.

I did not say the FDA outlaws it...I said they poo-poo it, meaning they have made so many to be recalled, that they discourage using the mesh
I think you got confused about your own argument.

I said my husband got a non mesh hernia repair a decade ago and you said 'now they poo poo them'. I gave you a link from FDA that shows that they do not "poo poo" non mesh repairs and now you seem to be saying that they recall mesh in order to discourage mesh repairs.

So - are you claiming the FDA discourages or encourages mesh hernia repair since you have now claimed that they have done both.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Like when you said Rand Paul uses Congressional healthcare finanaced by taxpayers?
72% of the ACA premium of members of congress is paid by taxpayers so their statement was correct. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/here...insurance.html

Old 01-17-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's hernia surgery not an organ transplant get over it.
Again, one more time, in hopes you care about the truth.

It's about doing it as well as Shouldice Hernia Hospital. I get it. You aren't doing so well so you're jealous that someone like Rand Paul who has studied and worked hard to make something of himself is succeeding AND PAYING HIS OWN WAY.

Get over the twisted agenda and deflection. Start looking for the truth.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
72% of the ACA premium of members of congress is paid by taxpayers so their statement was correct. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/here...insurance.html
Again, one more time in hopes that you care about the truth. Rand Paul isn't using the Congressional benefit. After Obamacare passed Congress critters still received some of the employee healthcare benefits. Rand is on Obamacare. He is paying for that healthcare.

btw He's not using it in this instance.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Seems that healthcare is better in a country with a national healthcare program. Our lawmakers, like Rand Paul, obviously realize this.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I think you got confused about your own argument.

I said my husband got a non mesh hernia repair a decade ago and you said 'now they poo poo them'. I gave you a link from FDA that shows that they do not "poo poo" non mesh repairs and now you seem to be saying that they recall mesh in order to discourage mesh repairs.

So - are you claiming the FDA discourages or encourages mesh hernia repair since you have now claimed that they have done both.
Mesh repair isn't the way to go since it has resulted in too many recalls. Non mesh is the smart move. Get it yet or do you want to continue to deflect from the truth? Rand Paul choose to go a safer route.

The funny part is you thinking a surgery from 10 years ago is using the same technology and information as today. lol How silly to compare the 2.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Seems that healthcare is better in a country with a national healthcare program. Our lawmakers, like Rand Paul, obviously realize this.
LMAO It's about ONE particular type of surgery involving ONE hospital. To post otherwise, which is what you did, is absurd.

Obviously? hahahahahahahahahaha

Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Don't bother. You are wasting your time. Paul condemns the very system he uses whether or not he does in this particular situation. Some of my Libertarian friends were arguing this point and when I pointed this out, the conversation stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies