Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And no one has any savings or other revenue streams to get them by when that magical endless taxpayer funded revenue stream comes to a brief and temporary hault huh?
nope, millions of deadbeat federal employees are desperate, hungry, living on the streets after 3 days of no pay.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So Trump shut down the government but then re-opened most of it by forcing workers back without pay?

And this is a sane human being? Explain....
Based on his past history, he clearly believes that there is nothing wrong with expecting people to work without getting paid for doing so.

People said they wanted Trump's business acumen in the WH so here we are.

A judge declared yesterday that these people have to keep working despite not getting paid.
Slavery is alive and well in the U.S. of A.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:38 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nope, millions of deadbeat federal employees are desperate, hungry, living on the streets after 3 days of no pay.
Tell me, did you try to get hired but were turned down? There are openings at every level. Instead of labeling people who work as “deadbeats”, wouldn’t your time be better spent trying to better your situation?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Based on his past history, he clearly believes that there is nothing wrong with expecting people to work without getting paid for doing so.

People said they wanted Trump's business acumen in the WH so here we are.

A judge declared yesterday that these people have to keep working despite not getting paid.
Slavery is alive and well in the U.S. of A.
Technically he ruled that he would not get involved. The result was the same but as I've said before, it only happens because we allow it. We should be breaking things. (figuratively at first)

Last year we (WV) did a really good job in shutting things down and protesting for higher pay for teachers.

I've asked over and over where the money comes from to pay politicians. They get it from the same source. No one answers as we all understand. This is all politics, nothing more. This country puts their politics ahead of people.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:10 PM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
Tell me, did you try to get hired but were turned down? There are openings at every level. Instead of labeling people who work as “deadbeats”, wouldn’t your time be better spent trying to better your situation?
actually my first job with the federal government began in 1969. Finished up 12 years ago. Left DC area, sold my house for 7 figures, I'm ok. I was a responsible adult, had an emergency fund for unanticipated expenses. Never had to cry and whine because my paycheck was 5 days past due. How's your situation Sharpie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies