Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 11:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,574,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Coal was a big promise? I never heard about coal till long after the election when Lefties on this site claimed that. He never said he'd balance the budget, either. To be sure, he has been a huge disappointment, but that's not going to make anyone regret voting for him. He's still vastly superior to any of the alternatives.
Wrong on both. Heck, the second clip is from Fox News and they stated he said he would balance the budget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnSlzBcLLGs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Fmrx0E6jU

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-27-2019 at 11:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,678,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
A whole person can. But on the hand no person of integrity would admire such a clod. My late father used to quickly change the channel when he would see Trump on TV and while shaking his head laughing he would say "what a putz". I agree with you, Trump attracts creeps.
It's funny how some can see right through people, when others do not. Though I realize some had more of an actual awareness of who he was earlier on, many could properly assess this guy as he attempted to get elected. Other than that, if not having been widely known, someone like myself would have instinctively gotten an accurate reading on him during any stage of his life.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:21 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Coal was a big promise? I never heard about coal till long after the election when Lefties on this site claimed that. He never said he'd balance the budget, either. To be sure, he has been a huge disappointment, but that's not going to make anyone regret voting for him. He's still vastly superior to any of the alternatives.
It's something he talked about heavily while campaigning. He actually promised that he'd bring coal back.

Old 01-27-2019, 11:25 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 7 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
4 people sentenced to prison
7 guilty pleas
37 people and entities charged
199 criminal counts

When a large chunk of Trump's inner circle is in jail, served time or has been indicted, isn't that an obvious factual clue that the entire Trump White House is crooked, corrupt and criminal, including the president himself?

What's it going to take for conservatives to finally admit that Trump is a corrupt con man and Republicans should no longer support him?
Sadly, I don't see anything that can force them to admit it short of financial ruin among a large number of his supporters, especially his hard-core fanbase. They like him because he meshes well with their idea of what a "real man" is and what their views of what "leadership" is. Bull-in-the-china shop personalities often do a great job of portraying themselves as men or women of action. You see it in just about every workplace, social club, school, and special interest hobby group. In fact, those kinds of attitudes start at lower levels and percolate up to higher ones. With a macho culture like the USA, Trump's just the logical conclusion of widespread cultural belief in the Brash And Flash leadership ideal.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:16 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,634,535 times
They’re Blind loyalty to Trump is pathetic. Lots of hypocrites and little attention paid to the debt unless a Democrat is president. Run up the tab and blame the Democrats.....

Old 01-28-2019, 01:40 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,507,533 times
They don't hear the lies, insults, bullying, name-calling. Or, if they do, they are not offended by it. A very, very, very sad and disturbing commentary on the morals and ethics and just plain lack of manners of the electorate.

Another refrain I hear constantly on C-Span is - "he loves this country." Plenty of his followers believe Obama hates the US. Therefore, Trump is the opposite of that.

That, apparently, excuses his disgusting, despicable, offensive character.

------

And, then, there is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
They like him because he meshes well with their idea of what a "real man" is
Exactly. Plenty of his female fan club are actually in love with the guy. I'll never forget this comment from a C-Span caller while he was running:
"He's a maaaaaaaan."
Her kind of man, that's for sure. Crude, rude, bullying, neanderthal caveman, grab a woman by the hair - is how his female fans see him. They love it.

And the older women are charmed by him, constantly repeating "I just LOVE Donald Trump."

Reminded again of the quote from HL Mencken:

Quote:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/270...epresents-more
The plain folk morons have clearly elected someone representing their own diminished and pitiful inner souls - another moron.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:48 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,305,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What did the GOP find after the eleven investigations into BENGHAZI???? I'll bet you even bought into Pizzagate...lol
I've laid out in previous posts Obama administration officials who lied to Congress or to federal agents and weren't prosecuted and no Special Counsel was appointed. I won't go over all of them, but here are three quick ones.

1) Eric Holder lied to Congress about when he became aware Fast & Furious, which to refresh your memory was where his DOJ was running guns in a brilliant plan to catch gun runners except they promptly lost track of them. Agent Brian Terry was murdered with one of the lost guns Holder's DOJ supplied to them.
2) CIA Director John Brennan directly and deliberately lied to the U.S. Senate about the CIA spying on Americans and specifically spying on U.S. Senate staffers. That isn't some inconsequential process lie, it is a lie about a crime and the lie is a crime to cover up a crime.
3) Hillary Clinton lied to the FBI about not sending classified emails from her private server. Again, not just a process lie, but a lie about another crime on the mishandling of state secrets.

There are many, many others.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because we don't judge people based on the actions/mistakes/crimes or accusations of others.
Wait didn't that happen with Clinton and Obama? Your argument is invalid based on hypocrisy

Old 01-28-2019, 01:58 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,143,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I've laid out in previous posts Obama administration officials who lied to Congress or to federal agents and weren't prosecuted and no Special Counsel was appointed. I won't go over all of them, but here are three quick ones.

1) Eric Holder lied to Congress about when he became aware Fast & Furious, which to refresh your memory was where his DOJ was running guns in a brilliant plan to catch gun runners except they promptly lost track of them. Agent Brian Terry was murdered with one of the lost guns Holder's DOJ supplied to them.
2) CIA Director John Brennan directly and deliberately lied to the U.S. Senate about the CIA spying on Americans and specifically spying on U.S. Senate staffers. That isn't some inconsequential process lie, it is a lie about a crime and the lie is a crime to cover up a crime.
3) Hillary Clinton lied to the FBI about not sending classified emails from her private server. Again, not just a process lie, but a lie about another crime on the mishandling of state secrets.

There are many, many others.
Birther alert!!!

And both The Boston Marathon bombing and Sandy Hook massacre were staged.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:22 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I think these Anti White, Anti Jewish Leftists, and their secret meeting, tell the real story.

"Fear mongering"? No fear mongering here, just the Future President of the US secretly meeting with the biggest Black Bigot in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
WTH??
Guess Obama was just secretly meeting with the Biggest Black Bigot in the country to find out how to capture more of the Jewish and White vote Not so odd considering Obama sat in the Pews of the Racist Reverand Wright for 20 years and never heard a peep of his Anti White, Bigotry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies