Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 10:31 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,721,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If Trump isn't a conservative, then why do virtually all of the most rabid conservatives strongly support Trump?
Because they are either not conservatives....OR, more accurately the current meaning of being conservative is "give me free money money and add to the debt and deficit for others".....

Since, by the actual definition, conservative means keeping things the way they "were" - well, that's been the trend for a while. Since Reagan to a degree, but in high gear since GWB tax cuts from debt and deficit.

Follow the money. For every conservative in power it's about money. None of them are poor - or even middle class. They all feed at the through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 10:36 AM

32,832 posts, read 19,548,033 times
Quote:
If Trump isn't a conservative, then why do virtually all of the most rabid conservatives strongly support Trump?
because he is the idiot we got stuck with

I voted for Johnson, but the fact is that trump is still a better choice than hitlery...

the last 3 "republican" POTUS' have been quite liberal.... both bush's were very liberal, even though they had a "R" next to their name

its like our former Mayor of NYC..Mike "the blooming idiot" Bloomberg...a democrat who changes party to get voted, then changes party again

Old 01-28-2019, 10:38 AM

31,195 posts, read 22,217,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
And he got Osama bin laden.
And he released 100s of Bin Laden's henchmen to kill again Which Obama was it? The Obama that went on the Middle Eastern "Apology Tour" to the Muslim world, or the Obama that helped destroy thousands of Muslim lives in Libya, Syria, and Yemen

Old 01-28-2019, 11:26 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,381,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
because he is the idiot we got stuck with

I voted for Johnson, but the fact is that trump is still a better choice than hitlery...

the last 3 "republican" POTUS' have been quite liberal.... both bush's were very liberal, even though they had a "R" next to their name

its like our former Mayor of NYC..Mike "the blooming idiot" Bloomberg...a democrat who changes party to get voted, then changes party again
As far as who we got stuck with, that pretty much sums it up. However like him or not Trump is no idiot. As a complete political outsider what he did was masterful in it's own right in beating out all of his competitors and going on to win the presidency. In a way he kind of made fools of them all. Here you have all of these career politicians who's lifelong desire was to become POTUS. Then along comes Trump out of nowhere to clinch the prize. You can be sure that the resentment and personal animosity runs deep on both sides of the political spectrum. I just can't understand that for a man of his age and wealth why he'd want to put up with all of the crap he has to relentlessly put up with every day? More so than any other president within my lifetime.

Trump was my next to last choice ahead of Kasich. Once Trump secured the Republican nomination, I really thought that there was no way in hell that he could win the general election. Especially because of his behavior and attitude during the primaries towards his competitors. But staying home during the primaries and on Election Day was never a viable option.

I wanted either Cruz or Carson. I ended up voting for Cruz.

Indeed the fact is that anyone on the Republican ticket would be better than the criminal, pathological lying b**ch from Chicago/Arkansas/New York or the little Communist curmudgeon from Vermont. But then again I have never, or never would vote for ANY Democrat no matter who they nominate for ANY public office. I've had more than my fill of both them and their policies when I was living in New York. I thank God that I'm now 2474 miles away from that in the Great State of Arizona.

As for Trump he's been true to his word in nominating and having had confirmed by the senate Constitutionalist justices to the federal judiciary along with SCOTUS with more to come. That alone was worth voting for him. That will have more of an impact on the future of this country long after Trump is out of office. That and the fact that the mainstream media has been relentless in it's piling on of Trump and his family is reason enough for me to vote for him again. Only this time enthusiastically.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Probably for the same reason why virtually all of the most rabid Liberals strongly supported Obama, Clinton or any other Democrat for that matter. You see it works both ways.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:35 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,040,531 times
Quote:
4 people sentenced to prison
7 guilty pleas
37 people and entities charged
199 criminal counts

When a large chunk of Trump's inner circle is in jail, served time or has been indicted, isn't that an obvious factual clue that the entire Trump White House is crooked, corrupt and criminal, including the president himself?

What's it going to take for conservatives to finally admit that Trump is a corrupt con man and Republicans should no longer support him?
Because they have a serious identity crisis and don't have much else going for them.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Because they have a serious identity crisis and don't have much else going for them.
You know what they say about people who live in glass houses? You certainly fit the bill. Oh, by the way Andersen offers a great deal on windows.

Quote:
Corrupt Democrats | List of Disgraced Democratic Politicians
www.ranker.com/list/corrupt-democrats/lstone
Disgraced politicians come in all shapes and sizes. No matter what your political affiliation, this list of corrupt Democrats proves that no party is safe from corruption. These are Democratic politicians with criminal records; they have been found guilty in a court of law. The United States is a republic, which means law is king.

Corruption Scandals Are Piling Up for Democrats | Observer
observer.com/.../corruption-scandal-democratic-party
While the Democratic Party has focused on anti-Trump rhetoric, it has largely ignored the corruption among its members. Incidences of dirty politics on every level overwhelm. National Security

Illinois Politics: Corrupt, Wasteful, Democratic | National ...
www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/illinois-politics...
Illinois politics is a venal, corrupt cesspool, but conservatives must never stop fighting for reform. ... Illinois is a solidly Democratic mess, ... powerful politicians, domineering special ...

Old 01-28-2019, 12:31 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,040,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
You know what they say about people who live in glass houses? You certainly fit the bill. Oh, by the way Andersen offers a great deal on windows.
Back in 2018 they ran a poll in 48 GOP districts and the majority picked their own party as being more corrupt.

So... yeah... obviously a serious identity crisis from within...

Here's the last 50 years of presidential administrations:

Quote:
Obama (D) – 8 yrs in office. Zero criminal indictments, zero
convictions and zero prison sentences. So the next time somebody
describes the Obama administration as “scandal free” they aren’t
speaking wishfully, they’re simply telling the truth.

Bush, George W. (R) – 8 yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16
convictions. 9 prison sentences.

Clinton (D) – 8 yrs in office. 2 criminal indictments. One conviction.
One prison sentence. That’s right nearly 8 yrs of investigations. Tens
of millions spent and 30 yrs of claiming them the most corrupt ever
and there was exactly one person convicted of a crime.

Bush, George H. W. (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. One
conviction. One prison sentence.

Reagan (R) – 8 yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions.
8 prison sentences.

Carter (D) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. Zero convictions and
zero prison sentences.

Ford (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment and one conviction. One
prison sentence.

Nixon (R) – 6 yrs in office. 76 criminal indictments. 55 convictions.
15 prison sentences.

Johnson (D) – 5 yrs in office. Zero indictments. Zero convictions.
Zero prison sentences.

So, let’s see where that leaves us. In the last 53 years, Democrats
have been in the Oval Office for 25 of those years, while Republicans
held it for 28. In their 25 yrs in office Democrats had a total of
three executive branch officials indicted with one conviction and one
prison sentence.
That’s one whole executive branch official convicted
of a crime in two and a half decades of Democrat leadership.

In the 28 yrs that Republicans have held office over the last 53 yrs
they have had a total of (a drum roll would be more than appropriate),
120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal
convictions and 34 prison sentences handed down.
That’s more prison
sentences than years in office since 1968 for Republicans. If you want
to count articles of impeachment as indictments (they aren’t really
but we can count them as an action), both sides get one more. However,
Clinton wasn’t found guilty while Nixon resigned and was pardoned by
Ford (and a pardon carries with it a legal admission of guilt on the
part of the pardoned). So those only serve to make Republicans look
even worse.
trumps indictments are piling up too... Those are some pretty impressive numbers for the GOP!

Durka derr.

Last edited by LordSquidworth; 01-28-2019 at 01:51 PM..

Old 01-28-2019, 12:37 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,266,326 times
Please tell me you're joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Show us anything (besides a 30+ year investigation that produced bupkis) to back up your claim? There's certainly nothing close and they've had a WHOLE lot longer to look. Sorry, we are not taking Clinton corruption on "faith". Sure, she's a ruthless lady and Bill even more so, but just about any national political player is.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Back in 2018 they ran a poll in 48 GOP districts and the majority picked their own party as being more corrupt.

So... yeah... obviously a serious identity crisis from within...

Here's the last 50 years of presidential administrations:

trumps indictments are piling up too... Those are some pretty impressive numbers for the GOP!

Druka derr.
Just for the hell of it I looked it up. Wikipedia lists 26 Democrats and 18 Republican federal officials convicted of corruption offenses. Those are some pretty impressive numbers for the Democrats! I guess we can go tit for tat all day? But it was you who cast the first stone.

Quote:
List of United States federal officials convicted of ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States...
List of United States federal officials convicted of corruption offenses ... List of American federal politicians ... William J. Jefferson corruption case: Democrat:
Quote:
Are Republicans More Corrupt Than Democrats ... - the meme ...
memepoliceman.com/...republicans-more-corrupt-than-democrats
This study looked at corruption charges, including state and local politicians, under periods of the Clinton and Bush years. In total, the study found 133 Democrats prosecuted for corruption charges compared with just 51 Republicans (page 19).

Conclusion

While the statistics cited in these memes appear to be correct, they do not prove in any way that Republicans are more corrupt than Democrats. Using different methodologies, one could just as easily show that Democrats are more corrupt. Instead, what should be illuminating is to peruse those Wikipedia pages and see how many scandals and convictions there are on both sides. That should be enough to make one hesitant to become a cheerleader for either party.
Druka derr. Whatever the hell that means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies