Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 01:12 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Pretrial monitoring. Is that the ankle bracelet thing? Or is it more than that?

Old 02-21-2019, 01:13 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You certainly did.

I found it hard to believe someone would risk throwing their career away in such a stupid manner. It’s not easy to be successful in show business on any level, so the stakes were very high. I doubt his manager was in on it, no manager in their right mind would condone such a hair brained scheme. But I found it hard to believe Smollet would have such hubris, and yet here we are, so what do I know, apparently.....
I dont think it was hubris, so much as it was stupidity. There are no IQ tests to become an entertainer.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:16 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm not buying this excuse. I still think there's more to it than that. Yes, if he had gotten away with it, he could have definitely become an A list actor overnight, but I really believe there was more behind this than "I didn't like my salary". That's just absurd and makes zero sense.
I'm not saying I buy it either, but I sure wouldn't dismiss it on the grounds that it doesn't make sense. Look at this incredibly stupid, irrational fairy tale he made up, and the stupid stories he pedaled for weeks to support that idiotic fantasy. Is this someone whose thought process you would ever expect to make any sense at all? If he came out and said that he did it because his pet cat told him that this was the only way the reptilian aliens would spare his life when they launched their nuclear war against the Rothschilds, I would accept that he really thought that made sense. This dude is nuttier than a pecan plantation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
One thing I don't understand is how does staging a hate crime get him a better salary? Being a victim gets you more money in Hollywood? Well, he won't have any pay and may be in BK after all the attorney fees, restitution and court costs.
He's crazy enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he thought this would make him more famous, more high profile, and that maybe his agent could parlay that into a salary renegotiation. Could even be his agent planted that thought. I have a gut feeling that before this is over, his agent's name is going to come up quite a bit, because some of his behavior on the night of was pretty hard to explain, too. He's probably the one who called Don Lemon minutes after it supposedly happened, for one thing.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:22 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,571,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Trump speaks!

“What about MAGA and the tens of millions of people you insulted with your racist and dangerous comments?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-res...161929728.html
Odd time to comment when much earlier he could have chimed in with "If true, there's no place for these kinds of attacks". Nope, Trump piped up only when it serves his agenda.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:24 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^This. I’m having a difficult time understanding how this scheme would lead to an increase in salary.
Sold out concert venues leading to a better record deal.

Has anyone else noticed that after all that's come out today that there are still some numbnuts who are voting "NO" on this thread's poll?

Old 02-21-2019, 01:25 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^This. I’m having a difficult time understanding how this scheme would lead to an increase in salary.
So am I, but as one of the posters stated - we're talking about someone whose mind is *off* so trying to logically understand it is probably a waste of brain cells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, it means you'll be monitored by a pre-trial supervision officer to make sure you're still around, aren't in possession of a firearm, are still intending on attending all court hearings and aren't drinking or taking drugs.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:25 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Odd time to comment when much earlier he could have chimed in with "If true, there's no place for these kinds of attacks". Nope, Trump piped up only when it serves his agenda.
If he had said something earlier you would have bitched about him interfering.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
One thing I don't understand is how does staging a hate crime get him a better salary? Being a victim gets you more money in Hollywood? Well, he won't have any pay and may be in BK after all the attorney fees, restitution and court costs.
I posted just now that one of the posters is correct in saying we're trying to make sense of the actions of someone who is illogical and irrational.

But...I'm wondering if this is a convenient excuse because he can't reveal the real reason.

According to one of the reporters news feeds, he makes $65K per episode and 18 episodes are shot each season. I know it's all relative, but like you and Cali Doll, this wouldn't get me more money at my job, it would get me canned.

Old 02-21-2019, 01:31 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
.......Trump did...Trump almost said exactly what you did.....so much for your agenda

JANUARY 31, 2019 10:30AM PT

Trump on Jussie Smollett Attack: ‘It’s Horrible. It Doesn’t Get Worse’

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump told reporters that the attack this week on “Empire” star Jussie Smollett was “horrible” and “doesn’t get worse.”

“I can tell you that it’s horrible. It doesn’t get worse,” Trump said in response to a question on Thursday from April Ryan, Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks.

https://variety.com/2019/politics/ne...ck-1203124717/

Old 02-21-2019, 01:36 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He's tethered to a Trump supporter wearing a MAGA hat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies