Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 02:25 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
This fits their view of America as a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, terrible place. It must be depressing being people like that, having those thoughts about this great country. In their minds, minorities and gay people are being attacked left and right in the streets.
While the reality is that whites are attacked left and right in the media. And the attacks are intended to dehumanize whites and justify our disappearance from the population.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:25 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Interesting tweet from Jussie on January 27.

https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett/s...34414546239495
i saw that too. what was he trying to tell us in that first sentence?

Old 01-30-2019, 02:28 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
This incident will elevate his career and in fact elevate him as a hero to leftists, even as it's proven to be a hoax. Leftists don't care if it's true or not, as long as it fits the narrative. It has already become part of their folklore just like last week's Covington kids incident. They're still regurgitating that talking point.
very much so. it's all about the narrative. whether it actually happened and all the man-hours that are wasted on investigation of nothing become irrelevant and are quickly forgotten.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:29 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
very much so. it's all about the narrative. whether it actually happened and all the man-hours that are wasted on investigation of nothing become irrelevant and are quickly forgotten.
It's already gospel in the Church of the Left and anyone who says otherwise will be excommunicated immediately.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:34 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i saw that too. what was he trying to tell us in that first sentence?
I know what he's telling us in the third sentence. He's a heroin user.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:36 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm sure if the story proves true everyone will come back and apologize, right?

Have there been hoaxes? Sure. Plenty of idiots out there. But there has been a significant rise in hate crimes in the last few years. The majority don't make the news.

Meanwhile, this guy is still in the hospital last I heard. All you guys calling this a hoax while complaining about the left jumping on the Covington kids? Maybe slow your roll.
What I found funny about this post is that just to the right of it is a Twitter box showing tweets from the founder of this forum. You should probably look at it and what is said in regards to this alleged attack.

Not only have police found no witnesses, they don't even have a description of the attackers.

https://twitter.com/AJGuglielmi/stat...48863892934657

Add in everything else that doesn't add up, and of course people are going to be skeptical.

He had a scratch and bump on his face in one image. Have you ever seen what a person looks like after being beaten on? If these alleged attackers were angry enough to put a "noose" (not really) around his neck and pour bleach (alleged substance) on him, you think they were only going to leave him with a scratch and a bump?

Every time I come back here there's more that ask us all to completely and totally suspend reality.

TMZ made it out to be 2 Trump supporters who yelled "This is MAGA country" - which I find absolutely absurd coming from one of the liberal dens in the nation. Because there was a "noose", it's now "2 White Trump Supporters" and Don Lemon calls this a "modern day lynching" - even though it "wasn't necessarily a noose", even though no racist is going to have a clue who this B actor is, they aren't going to have a clue about the show that he's on, and as katy so perfectly pointed out pages ago - the temps were very, very cold that night - at 2am - do you all think people were walking around in nothing more than jeans and sweaters? The alleged attackers can't be identified because they were covered up. Do you think this actor wasn't bundled up? Not only is he a B actor unknown to a lot of people, especially "racist Trump supporters", he's going to be in a lot of clothing making it even more difficult to recognize him.

I do not deny that maybe it's possible that something happened to his face at some point, but maybe his alleged attacker is his coffee table, or maybe it was someone he knew, or maybe it was something else completely, but to sit there and expect me to believe the story that is out there right now? No. Absolutely not.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:41 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
It's already gospel in the Church of the Left and anyone who says otherwise will be excommunicated immediately.
I guess I'm excommunicated.

I remember Pastor Jordan Brown and Dayna Morales.

Hoaxers give the left a bad name. I hold them accountable.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:47 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I'm sure if the story proves true everyone will come back and apologize, right?

Have there been hoaxes? Sure. Plenty of idiots out there. But there has been a significant rise in hate crimes in the last few years. The majority don't make the news.

Meanwhile, this guy is still in the hospital last I heard. All you guys calling this a hoax while complaining about the left jumping on the Covington kids? Maybe slow your roll.

Please link support to your claim that he is still in the hospital.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So you think just because he is gay it automatically becomes a sexual situation gone awry?
Yes it happens quite often among gays. There was a case in the DC area where I live of a teacher that would troll gay hookup cites, invite strangers into his home. He'd leave the door opened and the strangers would walk up to his room and do whatever they do. Except the last time he did it, 3 guys from the hood came over, killed him and took his credit cards.

Quote:
Would you even come up with such a premise if the guy wasn't gay? Of course you wouldn't !
No because if it was straight guys a woman would be involved, in the setup.

Quote:
You MAGA supporters sure do have a creative mind but hey why not you believed Trump when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

Yes i support Trump but the MAGA angle really isn't significant to me. The story seems fake. Some of us are street smart we grew up among liars and hustlers. We can spot them out fairly quickly. We can also tell when something doesn't sound right. This doesn't sound right.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:51 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Representative Bobby Rush is totally politicizing this incident.

https://twitter.com/RepBobbyRush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies