Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 03:18 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,420,433 times

Advertisements

Another false accusation by the left.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:19 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
lmao!
No kidding! What a hero....

Old 02-03-2019, 03:23 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,951,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's *the story* but see my response below.

Correct. But what if he went to see someone he knew and/or was going to hook up with and it happened there? Within the first minute? This is a big IF, but IF he was truly attacked, that might be one scenario that would explain why they see no perps on any cameras in the area.

To me, it seems like the hate mail and attack are all part of some scheme to garner publicity for a guy who is on a show with ratings that are down. And who better to go along than someone who is so irrational in his hatred for Trump than someone like Jussie?

And I'm no Trump fan, but I'm also not Magaphobic.
Even more weirdness...

Reports are that cops took only the rope and a sweater as evidence... was Smollett not wearing a coat???

Old 02-03-2019, 03:25 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,102,362 times
Quote:
I just provided his quote. And I'm not going to repeat it twelve times.
Yes. You did.
From his show:

Quote:
I was bruised but my ribs were not cracked. They were not broken.
He said that HE was bruised. Not his ribs.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:29 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
But Katygirl, cops don't get cooperation when they try to investigate murders. Camera's don't lie and don't say they never saw or heard anything.

Not to mention there are two dynamics at play. First, they have to honestly take seriously hate-based attacks. Secondly, if they're not buying it, you bet they're going to spend a lot of time disproving it even though they will never make the statement that the person was lying.
I know they’re in proving the lie mode. They’ve been doing that since the first TMZ story when they said Smollet never said anything about MAGA country. But it would be nice if they put this much effort into finding murderers. That’s part uncooperative witnesses, and part not giving aModerator cut: profanity The Houston Police had a homicide clearance rate of 74% in the same year, and we have the same issues with uncooperative witnesses. There is no excuse.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-05-2019 at 06:02 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 03:32 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,056,835 times
I think the guy is a lying bag of crap.

He's just another celebrity trying to ride the race-card wagon to fame and fortune.
What a pathetic joke our pop-culture has become.

Every celebrity must convince the public that they're a member of some kind of victim group -- or show their support for some lame, cliche political cause.

Hollywood use to be about making art films and entertainment, then it became just about entertainment, now it's no longer entertaining, it's all about pushing a political agenda, unceasingly and non-stop.

Most TV shows and movies are rubbish, same with most of the music. Nothing original at all, just mundane rubbish for dumbed-down millenials.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:46 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,296,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Except, Chicago has the most advanced surveillance camera network in the country.

https://wgntv.com/2016/02/22/are-sur...chicago-safer/
Kudos to Chicago. All their crimes are caught on camera? The police must have it super easy!

Old 02-03-2019, 03:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,641,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Even more weirdness...

Reports are that cops took only the rope and a sweater as evidence... was Smollett not wearing a coat???
That's interesting because I read some accounts that stated there was "salt" on his shirt but not on his pants. Sooooooo he fell over chest-first while wearing nothing but a sweater or shirt and his legs never hit the ground. That's a head-scratcher....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Yes. You did.
From his show:

Quote:
I was bruised but my ribs were not cracked. They were not broken.
He said that HE was bruised. Not his ribs.
You can believe that but it still begs the question about where the bruises are and why no photo's have been released by him to prove he's telling the truth? It's his big moment - why would he blow it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know they’re in proving the lie mode. They’ve been doing that since the first TMZ story when they said Smollet never said anything about MAGA country. But it would be nice if they put this much effort into finding murderers. That’s part uncooperative witnesses, and part not giving a. The Houston Police had a homicide clearance rate of 74% in the same year, and we have the same issues with uncooperative witnesses. There is no excuse.
The CPD is terrible. That's not only the excuse but the truth. This is all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-05-2019 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 02-03-2019, 03:51 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,102,362 times
Quote:
That's interesting because I read some accounts that stated there was "salt" on his shirt but not on his pants. Sooooooo he fell over chest-first while wearing nothing but a sweater or shirt and his legs never hit the ground. That's a head-scratcher....lol.

You can believe that but it still begs the question about where the bruises are and why no photo's have been released by him to prove he's telling the truth? It's his big moment - why would he blow it?

The CPD is terrible. That's not only the excuse but the truth. This is all smoke and mirrors.
The bruises were on his face, near the scratch.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:57 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,239,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I don’t think his injuries are major at all.

Minor injuries can be covered with make-up.

I think this story went viral because Individual 1 fans lost what’s left of their minds and assaulted an anti-I-1 actor.
who's the guy who talked about tribalism, and most left folks didn't think this way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies