Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Smollett was all over the news when he was telling lies about Trump supporters. Now that he's demonstrated to be a liar and has been arrested-not so much. Nothing on the news this AM before work-but the torn sneaker was.
He was all over the news early on ABC, as well as the local news, as well as GMA. It's not going away anytime soon. I think Fox should fire his azz.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:54 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

All this does is strengthen the resolve of this lying piece of trash. He's surrounded by enablers and now he's hired a team of them.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:54 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
I hope his family is watching over him.

The backlash, the memes, the coverage of his tomfoolery, the potential end of his career, potential 3 years in prison, etc might make someone commit suicide. (I don't wish this for him)

I hope Jussie has strong immediate, extended and friends that can get past through all his BS and just be there for him.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:01 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

The backlash, the memes, the coverage of his tomfoolery, the potential end of his career, potential 3 years in prison, etc might make someone commit suicide. (I don't wish this for him)

I hope Jussie has strong immediate, extended and friends that can get past through all his BS and just be there for him.
They should tell him to apologize and do his best to make it right. Honesty, something very foreign to him, is indeed his best policy.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:03 AM

52,222 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:

I think the guy is a major major douchbag. That said,I think he'll be ok, the media will move on pretty quickly and if he does do some jail time it will be minimal I'm sure.

For his career, I don't know, he's not a huge star as it is and this may actually kill his career but who knows.

In other words, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the guy, he'll probably be ok.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:05 AM

8,610 posts, read 10,142,271 times
https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/sta...68826778050560

Old 02-22-2019, 09:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,354,720 times
I'm not deterred. I know the white man is to blame.

Team Jussie!

Old 02-22-2019, 09:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Conservatives weren't the ones who made this a national story. And yes, liberals should expect to have embarrassing incidents like this thrown back in their faces until they start examining why they're so easily taken in by these hoaxes, and for that matter, why there are so damned many such hoaxes.

Imagine that -- a gay black man stars on a nationally broadcast television show portraying a gay black man, and it's such a non-issue to the MAGA crowd that they didn't even know who he was until 20 minutes ago. Maybe it's time for the Smolletts of the world and their media & politician enablers to re-examine their assumptions about the MAGA crowd?

Nah -- self-reflection is too hard when there's this nice juicy red-hat-wearing target out there you can blame for all of your neuroses.

The delicious irony is that Smollett's cringe-worthy assumptions about how MAGA folks think and behave was a big part of the skepticism that brought on the scrutiny that eventually unraveled his "woe is me" tale.
It's absolutely not far fetched to say some Individual 1 supporters didn't know who he was before this hoax. I've seen it everywhere including here, Twitter, Reddit, numerous other outlets that the MAGA base didn't know him or find him irreverent. Why is that offensive since it's not a good or bad statement but more of an observation? It's just another way to be offended.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:11 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He is starting to remind me of Paul Manafort. He acts out in what appears to be approaching a sociopathically desulsional fashion. He seems to think that he really is beyond all of this. Of course if he watched the OJ trial, or if he watched Hillary Clinton and her crew and the treatment that they got for similar conduct, you can understand how these people have been encouraged to think this way, at least to some extent.

And we should not rule out him getting a pass on all of this by the time it is all said and done. Remember, we have different standards of justice in this country now for different people, based largely on whether you are a member of the "Politically correct" elite or not. If they throw Smollett under the bus, that will be quite remarkable, actually.

So maybe he is delusional. Or, then again, maybe he is on to something here.
That's what I was alluding to early on when I said he sounded sick. This is twisted stuff that involves believing one's lies and feeling no remorse for one's behavior. As you posted, this is what sociopaths do. And his saving the world bio on his Twitter page points to a God complex, all while spewing such venom that he sounds beyond unhinged.

I think the black and SJW communities will give him a pass. If this was a white actor, he would have been canned by now. Empire has now suspended him for the rest of the season? That's it? How comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ok, that right there proves without a doubt that he's not innocent. I'm completely puzzled??? If he staged it under the camera that he thought would capture everything, wouldn't it be obvious that the attackers were not white. Could he be that stupid?
Do you really have to ask, Sandra? He paid them with a check...lol.

They wore ski masks but he told cops he could see the white skin around their eyes and on GMA he said, 'if I had said they were Mexican or Muslim or black, I feel the doubters would have given me more support.' So, of course, he's indicting white people with this. And then he cried....lol.

In case you missed it, here is the proffer I posted last night that gives all the details put together by the Prosecutor's office. It's a good read!

https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/docu...roffer-doc.pdf

Old 02-22-2019, 09:12 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,137 times
Quote:

Yes, I was thinking about that since Ryan Lochte said he faced the same thoughts when he was going through his scandal. While Jussie is not the victim, he needs to take ownership, seek help and apologize to all the people that were negatively affected by his criminal hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies