Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 07:34 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But he was angry about his salary on the show. That is what I said was eating at him.
Fair enough.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:38 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he say the attackers were white in his statement?
The Prosecutors statement was that he intentionally led police and the public to believe his attackers were white.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:45 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The Prosecutors statement was that he intentionally led police and the public to believe his attackers were white.
he sure as hell implied it.

“If I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot more.”

Old 02-22-2019, 07:46 AM

447 posts, read 208,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
TMZ founder Harvey Levin admitted in 40 years of journalism he has NEVER seen anything like this before.

Speaks volumes about how crazy Mr. Smollett is.
I think he's toast in Hollywood, however, they let Mel Gibson back into the fold and he even got a Best Director nod for Hacksaw Ridge. Not saying Jussie is anywhere near Gibson's star wattage but with Hollywood, they love a comeback. Personally, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. He needs some serious therapy.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:49 AM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

“If I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot more.”

Per the proffer, Smollett said he could see the area around his eye was white-skinned.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
I think he's toast in Hollywood, however, they let Mel Gibson back into the fold and he even got a Best Director nod for Hacksaw Ridge. Not saying Jussie is anywhere near Gibson's star wattage but with Hollywood, they love a comeback. Personally, I hope he gets the book thrown at him. He needs some serious therapy.
He did this in order to get a salary boost. He needs to:

1. Apologize to Chicago PD,
2. Apologize to Trump Supporters,
3. Get his arse thrown in jail,
4. Earn his living waiting tables for the rest of his life.

By faking this, he made it harder for the real victims of racial and homophobic violence to get justice.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Yep. But that doesn't matter and he won't lose his job. It only matters and you only lose your job for things like being a rookie and bringing a watermelon to the firehouse on your first official day as a firefighter.

Local news reported he appeared frustrated and kept rolling his eyes in court yesterday. Still the smug *b* even with two of the players and numerous video's telling the real story.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:51 AM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Big difference between a rant during a DUI stop and reporting a false crime which led to an investigation pulling, by some accounts, up to twenty detectives off their regular duties, staff time for both the CPD and State's Attorney's office to prepare subpoenas and warrants, and PIO giving regular updates.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Per the proffer, Smollett said he could see the area around his eye was white-skinned.
thanks for the info, i missed that tidbit.

Quote:
Yep. But that doesn't matter and he won't lose his job. It only matters and you only lose your job for things like being a rookie and bringing a watermelon to the firehouse on your first official day as a firefighter.

Local news reported he appeared frustrated and kept rolling his eyes in court yesterday. Still the smug *b* even with two of the players and numerous video's telling the real story.
frustrated that his big lie was exploding in public and too dishonest to even feel embarrassed...

Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Big difference between a rant during a DUI stop and reporting a false crime which led to an investigation pulling, by some accounts, up to twenty detectives off their regular duties, staff time for both the CPD and State's Attorney's office to prepare subpoenas and warrants, and PIO giving regular updates.
Not to mention that Mel Gibson didn't work for years, got himself back in the game, and there are still people who won't work with him.

But I don't see H'wood being as punitive with this clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies