Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM

2,884 posts, read 2,343,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I believe it was a hoax. I didn't think that he had 2 other people involved, I thought he just made up the entire thing.

I like that some are retelling the particular point in the story that had them going from, "Oh no!" to "Wait a minute..." as it's interesting to see what makes people start second guessing things.

For me, this was post #39, so way back in the very beginning, I called this fake. My "particular point" was one of the very first things ever reported: "This is MAGA country".

As I said, and for any future lunatics who want to make up fake hate crimes against Trump supporters, NO ONE TALKS LIKE THIS. At least figure out how an actual Trump supporter talks, not how you think they talk because you've been convinced by a lying media, lying Hollywood, and lying pundits that all Trump supporters are racist heathens who want to go back to the 50s so they can lynch them some black folk.

The fact is, the number of racists in this country is far, far less than the propaganda machine wants you to believe. If it was so "all over the country", there would be no need to make up fake hate crimes. No one denies that racist people exist. No one denies that racist people exist in the U.S. But to imply that so many are racist? Get a grip on reality.

The ONLY people I see pushing racism day in and day out are the people who claim that everyone else is a racist.

So to those who insist that there's just so much racism going on all over the place every day - learn from this, learn from past fake hate crimes, learn from the plethora of lies that have left rotten egg all over the faces of those who came out and called half the country racist, evil people.

Trump supporters aren't your enemy. The propaganda machine is your enemy. Learn that.
I agree with a good deal of this.

This does look like a lot of SJWers will end up with egg on their face (yet again). But, unfortunately it isn't too hard to find old school racists all over the internet. Even the city-data forums attract a fair amount of generally more restrained racist bile. As you point out, these probably represent small shares of the total population, but these racists can go toe to toe with the SJW in terms of the online "content" production.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:20 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,715,707 times
So did GMA discuss any of this today?

Old 02-15-2019, 02:24 PM

Treemoni, I would think you'd be upset by two black men putting a noose around another black man and brutally beating him up while calling him names and saying, 'This is MAGA country.'

Old 02-15-2019, 02:32 PM

21,536 posts, read 10,667,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a commentor at the wapo helpfully composed something for media to append to all their future 'jussie' stories.
Are these people nuts? I know they don’t know crime statistics or they would realize the black on white crime is much worse than the reverse.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:38 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,067,816 times
I really hope we'll see all celebs who commented their anti-Trump supporters crap in response to this story and their racism and homophobia claims apologize for jumping the gun and being wrong, and making such generalized comments based on one story that many who aren't blinded by identity politics thought was suspicious from the start. But I won't hold my breath.

Empire stars and crew must feel some sort of shame right now, though I doubt they'll ever admit it, for Jussie being attacked by one of their own - a couple of extras who know him - or possibly Jussie being in on it, still unclear, because this clearly isn't the hate crime they were all pushing. Everyone who posted ridiculous and divisive tweets should be embarrassed. Like I said early on, this is why you hold such comments on such a controversial issue until the investigation reveals info that solidifies the victim's version of events. People, like after the Covington incident, now look like idiots. Often, some of the same people (many celebs commented on both and now look like fools).

Old 02-15-2019, 02:44 PM

How embarrassing for those Nigerian white supremacist Trump supporters that they clearly spend a lot of time in the gym, and all they managed to do was give Jussie one little scratch that isn't as deep as some shaving nicks men get.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:44 PM

8,674 posts, read 10,223,795 times
https://twitter.com/misticati4/statu...22830135549952

Old 02-15-2019, 02:48 PM

10,082 posts, read 5,792,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
What the hell is this guy still doing in the country?

Oh wait, that's right -- he lives in a "Sanctuary City." I hope all the self-congratulatory leftists who pay top dollar to live in this guy's neighborhood are proud their city will protect an attempted murderer -- AND his DUI-committing brother -- should ICE come looking for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/statu...40919421841408

Not sure how they know it's his building, but we'll see just how good of friends they were.

(AZLiam if you already posted that, sorry....just now getting caught up.)
I can tell just from the view straight down the street to Navy Pier that that's his building.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:48 PM

22,157 posts, read 9,715,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I really hope we'll see all celebs who commented their anti-Trump supporters crap in response to this story and their racism and homophobia claims apologize for jumping the gun and being wrong, and making such generalized comments based on one story that many who aren't blinded by identity politics thought was suspicious from the start. But I won't hold my breath.

Empire stars and crew must feel some sort of shame right now, though I doubt they'll ever admit it, for Jussie being attacked by one of their own - a couple of extras who know him - or possibly Jussie being in on it, still unclear, because this clearly isn't the hate crime they were all pushing. Everyone who posted ridiculous and divisive tweets should be embarrassed. Like I said early on, this is why you hold such comments on such a controversial issue until the investigation reveals info that solidifies the victim's version of events. People, like after the Covington incident, now look like idiots. Often, some of the same people (many celebs commented on both and now look like fools).
All evidence points to him being in on it. No video footage? Two weeks to turn over your phone records? People he KNEW from WORK? I assure you he is not a victim here.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,067,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
All evidence points to him being in on it. No video footage? Two weeks to turn over your phone records? People he KNEW from WORK? I assure you he is not a victim here.
I tend to agree, I simply meant it is not yet confirmed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies