Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 03:59 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,958,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I really hope we'll see all celebs who commented their anti-Trump supporters crap in response to this story and their racism and homophobia claims apologize for jumping the gun and being wrong, and making such generalized comments based on one story that many who aren't blinded by identity politics thought was suspicious from the start. But I won't hold my breath.

Empire stars and crew must feel some sort of shame right now, though I doubt they'll ever admit it, for Jussie being attacked by one of their own - a couple of extras who know him - or possibly Jussie being in on it, still unclear, because this clearly isn't the hate crime they were all pushing. Everyone who posted ridiculous and divisive tweets should be embarrassed. Like I said early on, this is why you hold such comments on such a controversial issue until the investigation reveals info that solidifies the victim's version of events. People, like after the Covington incident, now look like idiots. Often, some of the same people (many celebs commented on both and now look like fools).
But this whole story, from when it broke until now, was too fishy not to be skeptical.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:02 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,958,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
So I saw the hate-death threat letter on TV. What I hadn’t heard before was the person in a noose part of it.

This letter was received last Thursday Jan 24. 4.5 days later this guy is attacked and a noose is looped around his neck? Jussie added the “bleach” part to his story so as not to completely copy the letter.

Wonder what’s really wrong with this guy? Did he send the letter?
Hmm...I thought so all along.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,419,399 times
Well, it's 10 past five in Chicago. Resume the clown show Monday at 9 am.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:23 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,854,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
But this whole story, from when it broke until now, was too fishy not to be skeptical.
True, mainly because two guys saying, "This is MAGA country" in Chicago would make you turn your head and say, "Wut?"

Old 02-15-2019, 04:24 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,604,871 times
The first time I heard this story I called B.S. What black man is going to hang around for 45 minutes with damn noose around his neck after being attacked by racist homophobes? What redneck trump supporters walk around downtown Chicago at 2am with a bottle of bleach in sub zero temperatures? What victim withholds evidence to help police capture his attackers?

Old 02-15-2019, 04:36 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,395,095 times
Couple racist Nigerian MAGA supporters...

Old 02-15-2019, 04:38 PM

6,591 posts, read 6,767,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Couple racist Nigerian MAGA supporters...
MNGA....Make Nigeria great again

Old 02-15-2019, 05:22 PM

10,020 posts, read 5,731,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
When you suggested he's still in the US because Chicago is a Sanctuary City. Sanctuary City only applies to illegals, right? Citizens and Green Card holders don't need/care if a city is Sanctuary or not because they are legal to live/work anywhere in the USA. ICE won't be coming for them, because they aren't illegals.
You know who else is eligible for deportation? Attempted murderers and drunk drivers. Those are the people -- and worse -- that Sanctuary City advocates want wandering your neighborhood.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:33 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,480,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Treemoni, I would think you'd be upset by two black men putting a noose around another black man and brutally beating him up while calling him names and saying, 'This is MAGA country.'
You bring up a good point. Another reason I don't think any Nigerians did this is because they don't even really know the history of race in this country. I just don't think a Nigerian would think, "Hey, let's tie a noose around this guy's neck to make it seem like a white person did this!" They are not invested in our race politics like that. And black American men would just beat him up. Props wouldn't be necessary. That is just not how black people fight. This entire arc is highly implausible, culturally.

I don't buy this "alternative" story at all. It's just something put out there to assuage guilt and shame.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,670,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
You bring up a good point. Another reason I don't think any Nigerians did this is because they don't even really know the history of race in this country. I just don't think a Nigerian would think, "Hey, let's tie a noose around this guy's neck to make it seem like a white person did this!" They are not invested in our race politics like that. And black American men would just beat him up. Props wouldn't be necessary. That is just not how black people fight. This entire arc is highly implausible, culturally.

I don't buy this "alternative" story at all. It's just something put out there to assuage guilt and shame.
So who do you believe did this? A couple of white guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies