Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Wasn't there a white country singer in Nashville just last week murdered by a group of Black teens, and it seems to be getting very little traction from the MSM.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/09/teen-k...ged-as-adults/

I would also like people to do an experiment for me and tell me the truth. I tried to use google and just typed in country singer killed by teens, and it showed nothing related to what I was looking for. It had something about a country singer killed by coyotes, but that was NOT what I was searching for. I go to duck duck go, and typed the same exact thing, country singer killed by teens, and it had everything I was looking for on the first page. Please do this little research and let me know what your results are. If yours is like mine, where google is playing games, then I'd like to know, why are they doing this? What is their goal in hiding this stuff from the public?
The story did not come up when I googled 'Country singer killed by teens' but when I used bing, several articles appeared.

I don't use google - I use bing.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:40 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
True...we do need proof.
Yes
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings..............ummmmmm sorry...... unhealthy weight woman sings.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:40 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Yes.
The way the media explained it:
Part of his phone history was redacted prior to turning it over to the police.
He did not want anybody snooping his personal contacts or photos...............
Never heard of such a thing.
Will future criminals apply this method down the road?
Sorry officers, you can't have my phone until I erase pertinent and
personal information that might lead to my arrest and conviction.
I have no dog in this fight as the saying goes, never heard of the dude, don't watch the show, couldn't care less about him being a gay black man, nothing in me wants to see anyone get hurt, but like we said things aren't lining up here.

I happened to be born at night, just not last night.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:43 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Still waiting for absolute confirmation it was a hoax. Covington kids taught me that very well.

Stunk from the beginning. The logistics of it just stunk. We shall see tho.
Sad...........to see how low Hollywood will sink..................

Old 02-15-2019, 08:44 AM

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
True...we do need proof.
this is as close as you are going to get from chicago media

https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smol...mpire/5138497/

Old 02-15-2019, 08:57 AM

2,824 posts, read 2,289,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The alleged attackers are built like Marvel comics super heroes. How can the alleged victim walk away from that with barely a scratch? He didn't even drop his sandwich..... His police sketch was either done by the worst artist known to man or the victim tanked his description on purpose.
One word sums this up.
Staged.

Yeah, at this point I think we can basically rule out a MAGA hate crime. We are either looking at a crime by an associated party or a flat out hoax.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:57 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
I have been following this story.
I felt terrible hearing this young man was attacked.
What made the events horrible in addition to getting beat up and
sent to the hospital was the placing of a noose around his neck while
his perpetrators were yelling MAGA Country.
I was hoping his attackers would be brought to justice soon.

As the story unfolded I started asking myself questions.
In a city with cameras no recordings of the actual attack were uncovered?
Perpetrators wearing masks?
Jussie suffering minimal bruising?
Jussie released from hospital almost immediately?
It became less believable as more was reported by the media.

The icing on the cake for me was Jussie turning over a redacted phone history
to authorities rather than the entirety with the excuse to protect personal information.

If this turns out to be an elaborated staged attack to which I now
believe was a political scheme to attack and smear the Republican Party
then I hope that he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Filing a false police report is no laughing matter.

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know.
I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I at first doubted the whole thing about the attackers being MAGA supporters, but I did think he was at least attacked because of a drug deal gone bad, or perhaps a hook up went wrong. As the story unfolded, I was leaning towards that he's probably been let go from Empire and his manager might have concocted the whole thing to bring some publicity to his client. But when Smollet refused to give his phone over (which in reality, the police didn't even have to ask for his phone when they could just get a subpoena to retrieve his phone records from the company) it made the whole thing coming from Smollet seem fishy. I kept my mouth shut for the most part, go ahead, check my postings on this and you can see I was giving the guy a benefit until certain things just didn't seem right. Now, I definitely think it's a hoax, and he should be charged for falsifying reports, because his lies could have gotten somebody hurt for real. We have a lot of angry people out there having their heads filled with hate thanks to very manipulative music, talk shows and community leaders like Louis Farrakhan who are brainwashing people into justifying their hatred with violence. We seen what Maxine Waters and her commanding her followers to harass and terrorize Trump supporters where ever they are when they haven't done anything to anyone. I can just imagine what could happen when punks like Jussie Smollet are used as patsies by the likes of Farrakhan who would love nothing more than to see a race war break out.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:00 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/sta...37713622978560

Old 02-15-2019, 09:01 AM

10,489 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Yes
The show ain't over till the fat lady sings..............ummmmmm sorry...... unhealthy weight woman sings.
Just change it to PHAT Lady sings.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
If I were an assault victim (I mean a real one) I would not want to give the police my phone either. I would want them looking for the perps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies