Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 10:29 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
This is not a hoax, although enough time has passed that LE can create a hoax story if they want. They would have released the surveillance video if it showed Smollett was in the wrong here. That is why I'm inclined to believe the video, at the very least, does not support the "hoax" theory. Jussie is a gay black man. Chicago is not friendly to gay black men, and Chicago is a city with a deeply racist past. They are downplaying all these obviously racist incidents across the nation because they do not want black people to rise up and start going HAM on white people. They also don't want to validate the very true idea that Trump is inciting racism and his base is largely made up of racists. Because racism died in the 60s, yanno.
You really need to get caught up on this case. Two men that were extras on Jussie’s show are sitting in holding right now, about to be charged.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:32 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
The police will DEFINITELY not release any video backing up Jussie's claims, for a number of reasons. America is racist, guys. Accept it.
There is no video backing up his claims. Obviously, your mind is made up and shut tighter than Ft. Knox.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:34 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
The police will DEFINITELY not release any video backing up Jussie's claims, for a number of reasons. America is racist, guys. Accept it.
Apparently America isn't racist enough for the bigot-baiters who lament that no racial incidents of note have happened to them so they have to concoct one.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:35 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,469,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You really need to get caught up on this case. Two men that were extras on Jussie’s show are sitting in holding right now, about to be charged.
...Because black men are rarely falsely accused of crimes? How convenient of them to arrest two Nigerians. Let's make it "black Americans vs. foreign-born blacks" instead of the "blacks vs. Whites", which is the (one-sided) rivalry this country was founded on. As if some extras are going to RUIN THEIR CAREER by attacking a star of the show. C'mon son.

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Quote:
They just arrested 2 black guys....take your racism issues up with them.

2,985 posts, read 1,751,984 times
Quote:
This is not a hoax, although enough time has passed that LE can create a hoax story if they want. They would have released the surveillance video if it showed Smollett was in the wrong here. That is why I'm inclined to believe the video, at the very least, does not support the "hoax" theory. Jussie is a gay black man. Chicago is not friendly to gay black men, and Chicago is a city with a deeply racist past. They are downplaying all these obviously racist incidents across the nation because they do not want black people to rise up and start going HAM on white people. They also don't want to validate the very true idea that Trump is inciting racism and his base is largely made up of racists. Because racism died in the 60s, yanno.
Hold the phone...you’re serious??? This is a hoax!

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2019 at 04:48 AM..

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
They just arrested 2 black guys....take your racism issues up with them.
I'm sure that's just part of the racist conspiracy against black men.

ETA: Holy cow, I thought I was being facetious. The guy actually beat me to the punch to assert EXACTLY THAT. When it comes to mocking the left, sometimes you just can't out-parody the real thing.

Well, it looks like Jussie found his audience.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:38 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Unbelievable. They cling to liars like lint on a sweater.
His "art"???? Is that what they're calling false accusations now? If the tables were turned there would be protests in the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That guy is a nut! The only one he’s fooling is himself and likeminded liars.

Perhaps this case will prompt Congress to pass legislation regarding hate crime hoaxes, something with some teeth in it.

Ok, hang on. It's a heavily sarcastic account. And I know that because some of the people he has retweeted are handles that I know....who are heavily sarcastic. I understand exactly why it's hard to decipher that because some of these people are very good at it - so much so that even when I know some of the people ... in that group ... I guess you could call it ...even I have had to follow a trail to find that out.

It's almost like 4chan creating a false story, going on social media and talking about it like it's the God's given truth, and getting people to buy it, every bit of it. These types of people love to make others look like the morons that they are, but they get so into character, you're still sitting there wondering, sometimes...uh...this is fake right? It was last time, is it still fake?

If you ever needed proof as to why these guys do this, check some of the recent postings on here.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
It was Malik!

https://i.imgur.com/zV3pxuS.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2019 at 04:49 AM..

Old 02-14-2019, 10:47 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
And here ladies and gentleman is the problem. Trump haters and the mainstream media (but I repeat myself) see through the lens of the Narrative. Facts come a very distant second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies