Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Jussie Smollett Attack was a hoax ?
Yes 503 92.63%
No 41 7.55%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 07:27 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Did they put on whiteface before donning their MAGA hats? Gotta get that redneck look, you know.

Last edited by doc1; 02-15-2019 at 07:47 AM..

Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 AM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Speaking as a die hard, bleeding heart, blue wave liberal, I had never heard of this guy or his TV show prior to this incident.
Yet it was immediately clear to anyone with a modicum of sense, that something was amiss with his story.

He immensely damaged our cause.......
.....along with the rest of the die hard, bleeding heart, blue wave liberals and their MSM media accomplices who lynched the Covington kids and the 300+ other instances of hate crime hoaxes:

fakehatecrimes.org

Your cause? Get real.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:43 AM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Total HOAX supported by the Dems, and Media to make Trump supporters look bad.

Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work so now they have to try something else. Liars, all of them.
Sad thing, there are politicians that want to ban video that is not from the main stream media from coming on to social media. They are hiding behind protecting the victims of mass shootings, but in reality, it's just another way these psychopaths can control the narrative, push agendas and become another dictatorship.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:50 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Default Jussie Smollett a Liar? Tell me it isn't so

I have been following this story.
I felt terrible hearing this young man was attacked.
What made the events horrible in addition to getting beat up and
sent to the hospital was the placing of a noose around his neck while
his perpetrators were yelling MAGA Country.
I was hoping his attackers would be brought to justice soon.

As the story unfolded I started asking myself questions.
In a city with cameras no recordings of the actual attack were uncovered?
Perpetrators wearing masks?
Jussie suffering minimal bruising?
Jussie released from hospital almost immediately?
It became less believable as more was reported by the media.

The icing on the cake for me was Jussie turning over a redacted phone history
to authorities rather than the entirety with the excuse to protect personal information.

If this turns out to be an elaborated staged attack to which I now
believe was a political scheme to attack and smear the Republican Party
then I hope that he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Filing a false police report is no laughing matter.

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
This is not a hoax, although enough time has passed that LE can create a hoax story if they want. They would have released the surveillance video if it showed Smollett was in the wrong here. That is why I'm inclined to believe the video, at the very least, does not support the "hoax" theory. Jussie is a gay black man. Chicago is not friendly to gay black men, and Chicago is a city with a deeply racist past. They are downplaying all these obviously racist incidents across the nation because they do not want black people to rise up and start going HAM on white people. They also don't want to validate the very true idea that Trump is inciting racism and his base is largely made up of racists. Because racism died in the 60s, yanno.
Man, am I sick to death of reading this pap.

DO start listing all the crimes perpetuated by white people against black folks in Chicago and I'll make a list of crimes committed by black folks in Chicago against white folks.

When you're done in five minutes, post it here. I'll be back in about a year to post mine. It won't be a complete list.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:52 AM

21,950 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Total HOAX supported by the Dems, and Media to make Trump supporters look bad.

Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work so now they have to try something else. Liars, all of them.
Especially NOW when Mueller's nothingburger report is about to hit. They are doubling down because they are nervous.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Ok, hang on. It's a heavily sarcastic account. And I know that because some of the people he has retweeted are handles that I know....who are heavily sarcastic. I understand exactly why it's hard to decipher that because some of these people are very good at it - so much so that even when I know some of the people ... in that group ... I guess you could call it ...even I have had to follow a trail to find that out.

It's almost like 4chan creating a false story, going on social media and talking about it like it's the God's given truth, and getting people to buy it, every bit of it. These types of people love to make others look like the morons that they are, but they get so into character, you're still sitting there wondering, sometimes...uh...this is fake right? It was last time, is it still fake?

If you ever needed proof as to why these guys do this, check some of the recent postings on here.
I only saw the one posted tweet. I'm not on Twitter, so thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:57 AM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Especially NOW when Mueller's nothingburger report is about to hit. They are doubling down because they are nervous.
I don't believe at all that they're nervous. I just believe they have no morals. My impression of them:

Old 02-15-2019, 07:58 AM

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times
smullet-blasey ford ticket in 2020?

Old 02-15-2019, 07:59 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,289,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Let's not discount the bare possibility that Jussie actually was not in on it. If it was an extra from the show, that would explain how they knew they where he lived and where to send the threat letter and how they recognized him when he stepped out of his apartment. Maybe this extra was jealous of Jussie, maybe Jussie pizzed him off, maybe just plain rubbed him the wrong way, maybe he's just an angry homophobe. It's still a racial hoax in any event, but possibly one in which Jussie was not a willing participant.

I'm still skeptical that Jussie wasn't involved though. The phone record redactions, the perps knew he'd be leaving his apartment at 2am on this particular night, he forgot to mention or notice they might have declared their MAGA allegiance with a foreign accent, etc. Still fishy.
This is an interesting theory. They had some sort of beef with him and attacked him but made it look like a MAGA attack? It is technically plausible.

But, police should be able to tell if this was a "legitimate attack" or "staged"
1) there is still no evidence of an attack according to police. Police will know how they fled. Did they run out of the area or simply walk away.
2) Police should be able to locate the general area they were during the missing 60 seconds.
3) how did they know he would be outside right were he was at that time. They could have texted him if they were friends/associates. Jussie should be able to show texts that he sent them telling them he was running out to subway for a bit. Or at least evidence he told other who may have told them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies