Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Nope, There is much more to be gained by pork-barrel spending on the Republican plains than pork-barrel spending in a Democratic state.

I have no issue at all with Republican senators doing what ever it takes to get pork-barrel spending in bills that benefit their states.

Most of those 10 states, I see on the list are amazing conservative states that I wouldn't mind living in.

Each state has two senators and if lots of pork-barrel spending goes into bills from Republican senators looking for votes, I am all for it.

Pork-barrel spending in general benefits smaller and more conservatives than Democratic states.
So, you just admitted that you need and want government to step in and subsidize your proudly self-reliant "small government" conservative states...and that you're a hypocrite? Because we all know you would slammed CA for this same sort of behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 10:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Right. Because all farmers voted for Trump.
They did. Yep.

Old 02-01-2019, 11:41 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,373,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They did. Yep.
But none of the ones in Cali right?

Old 02-02-2019, 01:30 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Want to eat?
If you do, then you should acknowledge California's very large role in keeping your local grocery stores stocked.

Old 02-02-2019, 01:42 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,817,316 times
Welfare states exist... this is not new.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:17 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Corn for Ethanol to screw up your cars engine prematurely.....

And the type of farm matters.

More family farms in the flyover states.

More huge corporate farms in California
Forget using States as the category look at the individual recipients...

The 3rd highest receiver of farm subsidies is the Farmers Rice coop out of Sacramento CA.

The sixth is Ducks unlimited....

The 12th is Bureau of Indian affairs....

https://farm.ewg.org/top_recips.php?...heUnitedStates

Old 02-02-2019, 05:33 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Handouts to corporate farms used to never exist until they lobbied for the food stamp program.
Now they want to kill the food stamp program but keep the handouts to corporate farms coming.

Some argue it is a national security issue to monetarily support these farms.
They think the same thing in communist countries as well.

Support the farms comrade.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Our local Rep, Vicki Hartzler, went on and on about stopping subsidies when she ran the first time. After she was elected, it came out that her farm was getting several hundred thousand in subsidies. As long as politicians profit from them, there will be subsidies.
Also lookup the fraud in hobby farms.
They apply for government handouts when they basically only have a garden.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You do know SNAP is @ 80% of the Farm bill right????
Pushed by corporate lobbyists.
Before the food stamp program, you had usda cheese, rice, beans, dry milk and so on.
Big Business wanted a cut of the action.

I can show you hundreds of lobbyists from the fast food industry, restaurants, that wanted a cut of the food stamp money.

Old 02-02-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Nope, There is much more to be gained by pork-barrel spending on the Republican plains than pork-barrel spending in a Democratic state.

I have no issue at all with Republican senators doing what ever it takes to get pork-barrel spending in bills that benefit their states.

Most of those 10 states, I see on the list are amazing conservative states that I wouldn't mind living in.

Each state has two senators and if lots of pork-barrel spending goes into bills from Republican senators looking for votes, I am all for it.

Pork-barrel spending in general benefits smaller and more conservatives than Democratic states.
Stalin would agree comrade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies