Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should any exemptions for vaccinations be allowed?
Yes - only religious and medical 5 2.94%
Yes - only medical 62 36.47%
Yes - medical, religious and philosophical 26 15.29%
Yes - only religious 1 0.59%
No exemptions at all. 76 44.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 08:41 AM

6,344 posts, read 2,900,201 times

Advertisements

Most states currently allow children to be exempt from vaccinations due to religious concerns, including 17 states that also allow exemptions for “personal reasons,” according to a Pew Research Center analysis.
Nearly all states allow religious exemptions for vaccinations | Pew Research Center

There have been some serious measles outbreaks lately. Washington state is averaging more than one new measles case a day. Those will stop if enough people get vaccinated. As far as I know the 2016 CA law that eliminated vaccine expectations has survived court challenges.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...s-13047905.php

Shouldn't this be done everywhere?

Old 02-05-2019, 08:46 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Most states currently allow children to be exempt from vaccinations due to religious concerns, including 17 states that also allow exemptions for “personal reasons,” according to a Pew Research Center analysis.
Nearly all states allow religious exemptions for vaccinations | Pew Research Center

There have been some serious measles outbreaks lately. Washington state is averaging more than one new measles case a day. Those will stop if enough people get vaccinated. As far as I know the 2016 CA law that eliminated vaccine expectations has survived court challenges.

I don’t feel like Vaccinations, religion,sexual orientation, should be forced on anyone. Don’t want a vaccination? Don’t get it. If said person gets sick then it’s on them if they don’t that’s on them too.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
No.

I pay taxes so the State can force the pricking of children with needles.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:55 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No.

I pay taxes so the State can force the pricking of children with needles.
Agree. If I am forced to pay taxes towards public education, when I have chosen not to have children, then all children in our society have to be vaccinated. And if the parents don't like it, then they can just leave our country. These measles outbreaks cost us valuable time and money to treat and contain, and that's not fair to the rest of us taxpayers. FOLLOW THE RULES PEOPLE!!!

Old 02-05-2019, 08:59 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Agree. If I am forced to pay taxes towards public education, when I have chosen not to have children, then all children in our society have to be vaccinated. And if the parents don't like it, then they can just leave our country. These measles outbreaks cost us valuable time and money to treat and contain, and that's not fair to the rest of us taxpayers. FOLLOW THE RULES PEOPLE!!!

Once again IF the vaccinations work and said people get them, then they don’t have to worry they are good.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I was being sarcastic.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:46 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post

It's simply a matter of public health in a nation that can easily afford to give vaccines to its children. People may think something like measles is just a funny kid's illness where they get to be covered in red polka dots for a while. Actually measles can have a very devastating impact on those unfortunate enough to become infected with it.

I know first hand what measles can do since my Mom lost much of her hearing to a bad attack of measles when she was just 8 years-old. Needless to say, the vaccine for measles hadn't been developed way back when. If only...

My Mom would have had a vaccination had that been an option. Instead, she suffered all her life from profound loss of hearing. What is more costly to society? Don't all answer at once.

On one level it's tempting to say that people who refuse such basic preventative care deserve to be taken out of the gene pool - hasta la bye-bye, idiots. The thing is that it's not fair to place innocent children in jeopardy in order to placate nut-job parents (who probably benefited themselves from childhood vaccinations). It's also a major public health issue, so get vaccines in order to protect your own family and friends, even if you are willing to risk your own health. If you want to refuse medical treatment and go off to die somewhere, fine by me. If your refusal to get preventive care impacts me and mine however, then you need to follow the law.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,032 times
Thats why so many of these peckerheads "home school" their kids. They are not allowed in many kindergartens without vaccinations.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
For Christians that are opposed to vaccinations, I don't understand why seeing as how they did use medicines and treatments in the Bible though that was obviously not as advanced as our current vaccination technologies.

Old 02-05-2019, 11:22 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
My stepson had a seizure after each vaccination. So he quit getting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies