Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2019, 02:41 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Search away.

What was the governmental/political interference before?
Transvaginal ultrasound before a 1st trimester abortion (added by the Virginia GOP)
Any place performing an abortion must be given "hospital" status (added by the Virginia GOP)
Abortions after 24 (or 21?) weeks require the approval of three separate doctors versus the doctor caring for the patient.

These additions were recent and were fought hard by the Virginia medical community because no physician's group recommended them. They were put forth by politicians for a procedures that is legal in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 PM

1,781 posts, read 956,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Transvaginal ultrasound before a 1st trimester abortion (added by the Virginia GOP)
Any place performing an abortion must be given "hospital" status (added by the Virginia GOP)
Abortions after 24 (or 21?) weeks require the approval of three separate doctors versus the doctor caring for the patient.

These additions were recent and were fought hard by the Virginia medical community because no physician's group recommended them. They were put forth by politicians for a procedures that is legal in this country.

Ok, thanks for being specific.

What was the Virginia Governor talking about when he was on the radio and basically said that they would keep the baby comfortable while the mom and doctor decided what to do? That has nothing to do with abortion since the baby has already been born.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:48 PM

As for my search, based on these, I think you are fine to double down on the fake infanticide story, but you are not okay with the continued Covington school misrepresentations? It's the same thing--very frustrating.

Quote:
He’s a racist. How do I know this? He supports abortion and more black babies are aborted than any other race so bingo! That goes for all the libs that support abortion too. Clearly they are fine with so many black babies being killed. Got to keep those black numbers down don’t you know!
Quote:
Yep, you got it but forgive me for thinking that NOT killing my baby is better than saving my own life. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. You are ok with killing a baby, I personally am not and I would rather die and leave my children than kill their brother or sister because they are all my children and I love them all equally.
Quote:
Wow, “protect a woman’s health” can be very broadly interpreted IMHO. That basically gives doctors the green light to abort away.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Ok, thanks for being specific.

What was the Virginia Governor talking about when he was on the radio and basically said that they would keep the baby comfortable while the mom and doctor decided what to do? That has nothing to do with abortion since the baby has already been born.
If you read the entire articles and interviews the situation had to do with delivery of a baby with gross birth defects. There have been posters who have found very good transcripts and full clips of what was said, but unfortunately, the propaganda machines are sensationalizing bits and pieces of it to push and agenda.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:51 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post

I'm largely ambivalent about the abortion issue as I simply don't feel strongly one way or the other. That being said, I do think it would be sensible to at least have the same standards as an outpatient surgical facility for an abortion provider as it is at its core an outpatient surgical procedure. Not sure if that means "hospital" status or not. Having been pregnant with my own child and thus fully aware how much they are less fetus and more little humans at the third trimester, I personally believe third trimester abortions are particularly troublesome and really should be limited to extreme cases such as mother's life or tragic issues with the child (e.g. stillborn, etc).

My guess is my position which I believe to be middle of the road is where a lot of people would stand as well. But it's the extremes which always seem to be the "only" options when politicians get involved.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm largely ambivalent about the abortion issue as I simply don't feel strongly one way or the other. That being said, I do think it would be sensible to at least have the same standards as an outpatient surgical facility for an abortion provider as it is at its core an outpatient surgical procedure. Not sure if that means "hospital" status or not. Having been pregnant with my own child and thus fully aware how much they are less fetus and more little humans at the third trimester, I personally believe third trimester abortions are particularly troublesome and really should be limited to extreme cases such as mother's life or tragic issues with the child (e.g. stillborn, etc).

My guess is my position which I believe to be middle of the road is where a lot of people would stand as well. But it's the extremes which always seem to be the "only" options when politicians get involved.
I agree that an abortion later in the pregnancy should be done in a hospital setting. This "hospital" rule was done for any and all abortions and that's not right.

The list of procedures that can be done in an OBGYN office setting with sedation is fairly robust and somewhat invasive: endometrial ablation, cervical cyst removal, uterine biopsies, the list goes on. A first trimester abortion can be done in a clinic setting. What that requirement did was cause many clinics, especially in smaller towns with no hospitals, shut down.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:06 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
It is ridiculous. I have never known anyone to wear black face to a costume party but then again I try to not to hang out with Democrats.

Recently I saw a photo of the very loud Trump hater Sarah Silverman wearing black face. I remember from years ago when the very Liberal Ted Danson wore black face to a party but maybe that was ok because he was dating Whoopi Goldberg...

It is ridiculous how these Democrats talk down to us about how bad racism is and how bad white people are toward black people but time and again it just goes to show that those that cause the most fuss about an issue are probably guilty of it.

Things that come to mind are sex scandals and Russian collusion.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is ridiculous. I have never known anyone to wear black face to a costume party but then again I try to not to hang out with Democrats.

Recently I saw a photo of the very loud Trump hater Sarah Silverman wearing black face. I remember from years ago when the very Liberal Ted Danson wore black face to a party but maybe that was ok because he was dating Whoopi Goldberg...

It is ridiculous how these Democrats talk down to us about how bad racism is and how bad white people are toward black people but time and again it just goes to show that those that cause the most fuss about an issue are probably guilty of it.

Things that come to mind are sex scandals and Russian collusion.
Guess you missed these:

• Michael Ertel — Florida, 2019

Mr. Ertel, the Republican secretary of state, resigned in January after photos were published of him from 2005, wearing blackface and a T-shirt reading “Katrina Victim.” He had been in office less than three weeks.

• Brant Tomlinson — South Carolina, 2018

A Republican candidate for a council seat in Kershaw County, Mr. Tomlinson stayed in the race after photos emerged of him in blackface in 2008, when he was a college student. He was dressed as a member of a Jamaican bobsled team. Mr. Tomlinson made it to a runoff in his party’s primary before being defeated.

• Hal Patton — Illinois, 2018

The former mayor of Edwardsville, Ill., was a third-party candidate running for a State Senate seat when a decade-old photo surfaced showing him dressed as a “rapper” in blackface. Mr. Patton apologized for the costume, calling it a “bad choice,” and stayed in the race, but was defeated in the general election.

• Robbie Gatti Jr. — Louisiana, 2017

A Republican running for a vacant State House seat in a special election, Mr. Gatti made no apologies when a 2002 photo emerged of him in blackface at a church festival, dressed as the golfer Tiger Woods. He attributed the controversy to “desperate attacks” by his opponents. Mr. Gatti made it into a runoff with another Republican but was ultimately defeated.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:22 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,751,984 times
Liberal heroes Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Fallon.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
What gives with these democrats? 2 are hypocrites beyond belief and one is some kind of sexual predator, yet they throw feces at everyone else like it's going out of style. You guys are screwed and screwed up.
You have two white male racist and a black male sexist brute? This is not going to sit well with those of thr intersectional but vocal far left camps, and to a lesser extent progressive and corporate Democrat camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies