Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worse Cultural Appropriation, Virginia Governor Blackface or Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas)
Blackface Virginia Governor 9 17.31%
Elizabeth Warren (Pocahontas) 43 82.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 05:51 AM

30,384 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

So Virginia's Governor (He's a Democrat CNN) became blackface he (conveniently) said to win a Michael Jackson dance contest and Elizabeth Warren (Democrat) lied about being a Native American for jobs...which is the worst cultural appropriation and most hypocritical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 05:52 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Warren apparently.

Took an AA slot that rightfully belonged to someone else.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Warren apparently.

Took an AA slot that rightfully belonged to someone else.
I also voted for Pocahontas. To be fair, the Democrat Virginia Governor posing in blackface next to someone in a KKK outfit deserves consideration but that was most likely a prank and not serious as Warren stole a job from a real minority.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:04 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,580 times
This easy. The Governor just used poor judgment doing something he thought was funny. Insensitive yes but no malice intended. Warren used it to give herself unearned advantages. Blond blue eyed and privileged and still wanting to ride the affirmative action gravy train. The woman has no ethical base.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:05 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I also voted for Pocahontas. To be fair, the Democrat Virginia Governor posing in blackface next to someone in a KKK outfit deserves consideration but that was most likely a prank and not serious as Warren stole a job from a real minority.
For me it was ignorant stupidity vs taking from someone. Sort of like allegations of stolen valor.

People keep harping on the DNA tests and I keep screaming.

ELIZ WARREN'S ANCESTRY HAS BEEN TRACED. THERE ARE NO INDIANS AFTER 1820 OR SO. That is as far back as they went. NO INDIANS FOUND. NONE. I can only say about 1820 as that is as far as they traced her but they did trace her to BEFORE her ancestors were in Oklahoma.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:11 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Warren, her faux pas was done for political gain and within the last year, Northam did his stupidity not realizing the affect 3+ decades ago.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:29 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
No comparison. One is a college prank, the other a serial LIAR.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No comparison. One is a college prank, the other a serial LIAR.
Agree but if Governor Blackface had been a Republican as Fake News CNN falsely claimed, then it would have been the worst thing done in history according to the Mainstream Media Fake News.

Old 02-06-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
For me it was ignorant stupidity vs taking from someone. Sort of like allegations of stolen valor.

People keep harping on the DNA tests and I keep screaming.

ELIZ WARREN'S ANCESTRY HAS BEEN TRACED. THERE ARE NO INDIANS AFTER 1820 OR SO. That is as far back as they went. NO INDIANS FOUND. NONE. I can only say about 1820 as that is as far as they traced her but they did trace her to BEFORE her ancestors were in Oklahoma.
but high cheekbones

Must make the Nazis proud that a woman that looks like should be leading a 3rd Reich march took a minority job from a black or native American...is that not a form of White Privilege or did she actually tap into minority privilege?

Old 02-06-2019, 01:34 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So Virginia's Governor (He's a Democrat CNN) became blackface he (conveniently) said to win a Michael Jackson dance contest and Elizabeth Warren (Democrat) lied about being a Native American for jobs...which is the worst cultural appropriation and most hypocritical?
What he did was in extremely poor taste - although I still stand by what I said: Back in the 80s, this wasn't even a discussion. Most people had never seen it or even heard about it. So if someone showed up that way, I don't think most people would have understood what it meant - the meaning behind "blackface" and why it's insulting.

He didn't gain anything from it. Pocahontas lied for years and definitely gained from her lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies