Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Ignori...692191490.html

"It’s been a tough week in America for the truth. While the hate Trump media counts all the President’s “lies,” the Democrat who replied to Mr. Trump’s State of the Union speech put three whoppers out there with no scrutiny whatsoever.

Stacey Abrams, who almost won the governorship of Georgia, told the world that the U.S. economy is essentially bad. By every calculated measure, that is a false statement."

Good article on ignoring the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 12:40 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Welcome to 2019. Trump bad, D good. That is all you need to know

Old 02-07-2019, 12:44 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Welcome to 2019. Trump bad, D good. That is all you need to know
Actually the prevailing viewpoint is the opposite. Trump is worshiped almost as a deity who was chosen by God to restore America to her "white Christian roots" and Dems are seen as literally demonic baby killers and Satan worshippers.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:50 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Actually the prevailing viewpoint is the opposite. Trump is worshiped almost as a deity who was chosen by God to restore America to her "white Christian roots" and Dems are seen as literally demonic baby killers and Satan worshippers.
I agree. I watch the news and all I see is how great Trump is. Not one negative comment from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc. Even the late night shows worship the ground he walks on.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Both sides do it.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
I agree. I watch the news and all I see is how great Trump is. Not one negative comment from ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc. Even the late night shows worship the ground he walks on.
What about Fox, the most watched and trusted "news" network?

Old 02-07-2019, 12:58 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
There were times when people who paid $32 million to settle sexual harassment claims would have the basic decency to not lecture anyone on the value of truth.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Ignori...692191490.html

"It’s been a tough week in America for the truth. While the hate Trump media counts all the President’s “lies,” the Democrat who replied to Mr. Trump’s State of the Union speech put three whoppers out there with no scrutiny whatsoever.

Stacey Abrams, who almost won the governorship of Georgia, told the world that the U.S. economy is essentially bad. By every calculated measure, that is a false statement."

Good article on ignoring the truth.
I did not watch either (I watched the beginning of the SOTU, but it was so empty, I turned it off and did somethign productive)

But the economy: It is fairly uncontested that our economy is not healthy. I don't blame it all on Trump, but some facts are:
*As our debt increases, it puts more burden on economy. True on 1/20/17, still true.
*most people feel the market is WAY overdue for a correction. True on 1/20/17, still true.
*Pay inequality continues to grow. True on 1/20/17, still true.
*Middle and lower class wage stagnation persists. True on 1/20/17, still true.

It is ALSO true that the economy today is running at a great pace. I will give Trump some credit, not all of it. But many feel that his corporate welfare handouts are:
*a temporary fix, and when they run out, so does the boom
*going to cost us more than they give us
*increase the national debt
*it is already proven that companies are not trickling down, they are buying back stocks, paying C-level bonuses, and pocketing much of the rest.

In other words, there are pros and cons in the economy (True on 1/20/17, still true.), and also while parts of it are going strong, it's not strong for everyone.

So, you mentioned there were three whoppers. You only cited one, and you were wrong about that. What are the other two?

Old 02-07-2019, 01:13 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,240,321 times
I don't think he paid attention. He claims:
Quote:
Stacey Abrams, who almost won the governorship of Georgia, told the world that the U.S. economy is essentially bad. By every calculated measure, that is a false statement.
The word "economy" is mentioned only once and in the context of supporting truck drivers and small businesses.
Quote:
Then Ms. Abrams stated that the federal tax cut has not benefited working Americans.
Not true. This is what she said:
Quote:
The Republican tax bill rigged the system against working people. Rather than bringing back jobs, plants are closing, layoffs are looming, and wages struggle to keep pace with the actual cost of living.
Finally, he alleges:
Quote:
Finally, Ms. Abrams contends that “voter suppression” is a huge national problem when there is not a shred of evidence to back that up.
At least this time he was closer to the truth:
Quote:
Voter suppression is real. From making it harder to register and stay on the rolls, to moving and closing polling places to rejecting lawful ballots, we can no longer ignore these threats to democracy. While I acknowledge the results of the 2018 election here in Georgia, I did not and we cannot accept efforts to undermine our right to vote.
She said it's real, not a "huge national problem."

Old 02-07-2019, 01:15 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Trump lies far more than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies