Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 08:47 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,307,371 times

Advertisements

Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP.

I believe you'll find creditable economists do not refute that due to USA's annual trade deficits, the nation's domestic production was less than otherwise; (i.e. the nation's domestic products (more than otherwise), were net “crowded out” of all, [our USA domestic plus foreign] marketplaces.
Additionally, they do not refute that due to such “crowding out”, USA's domestic production was less than otherwise, and that in turn was net detrimental to USA's numbers of jobs.

Many creditable economists contend that the proportional differences between USA's annual GDP and our trade deficits are too small to have materially affected our domestic production, (i.e. the detrimental affects of our annual trade deficits are of lesser economic significance). But they do not refute that due to USA's chronic annual trade deficits, our annual GDPs have been less than otherwise.

I agree with other credible economists that contend that due to USA's chronic annual trade deficits, the lesser numbers of jobs and their lesser aggregate payroll amounts were of economic significance.
Furthermore, I'm among those contending that Nation's balances of trade understated their effects upon their nation's GDP; net international trades' amounts of contributions to trade surplus nations' and detriments to trade deficit nations' GDPs, understate their actual effects upon their individual nations' domestic production.

Old 02-13-2019, 10:58 AM

19,783 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
Credible economists do not refute annual trade deficits detrimental affects upon their nation's GDP.

I believe you'll find creditable economists do not refute that due to USA's annual trade deficits, the nation's domestic production was less than otherwise; (i.e. the nation's domestic products (more than otherwise), were net “crowded out” of all, [our USA domestic plus foreign] marketplaces.
Additionally, they do not refute that due to such “crowding out”, USA's domestic production was less than otherwise, and that in turn was net detrimental to USA's numbers of jobs.

Many creditable economists contend that the proportional differences between USA's annual GDP and our trade deficits are too small to have materially affected our domestic production, (i.e. the detrimental affects of our annual trade deficits are of lesser economic significance). But they do not refute that due to USA's chronic annual trade deficits, our annual GDPs have been less than otherwise.

I agree with other credible economists that contend that due to USA's chronic annual trade deficits, the lesser numbers of jobs and their lesser aggregate payroll amounts were of economic significance.
Furthermore, I'm among those contending that Nation's balances of trade understated their effects upon their nation's GDP; net international trades' amounts of contributions to trade surplus nations' and detriments to trade deficit nations' GDPs, understate their actual effects upon their individual nations' domestic production.
Twice in one day for this one.

The mostly broadly accepted definition of GDP.

GDP = Consumer Spending + Business Investment + Government Spending + Net of Exports (exports - imports).

Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 AM

1,087 posts, read 782,186 times
Using tariff for trade war with China is a bad idea. That’s thinking China too much, ignoring domestic impacts. “Economists” who support that idea must be idiots, not even politicians. We’d seen stock market down in 2018, Dow still can not get above 26,000.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 AM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,904 times
Quote:

Credible by whose standards? Any links to the papers written by these "credible economists" stating this opinion or do we take your word for it?

If you're going to cite them in the topic, you really should have something to back it up.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteLiving View Post
Credible by whose standards? Any links to the papers written by these "credible economists" stating this opinion or do we take your word for it?

If you're going to cite them in the topic, you really should have something to back it up.
He does not need to list sources. He's generally right that's just the way it is.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Twice in one day for this one.

The mostly broadly accepted definition of GDP.

GDP = Consumer Spending + Business Investment + Government Spending + Net of Exports (exports - imports).
EDS, OK, so what's your point?

Old 02-13-2019, 12:15 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
He does not need to list sources. He's generally right that's just the way it is.
May be okay for you, I want the cites, otherwise it was inappropriate to include it in the thread title. IMO of course.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
EDS, OK, so what's your point?
Trade deficits do matter, net trade is in our best GDP calculations. It's just wantonly absurd for anyone to claim the trade deficits don't matter or amount to much..

Old 02-13-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:

I believe you'll find creditable economists do not refute that due to USA's annual trade deficits, the nation's domestic production was less than otherwise; (i.e. the nation's domestic products (more than otherwise), were net “crowded out” of all, [our USA domestic plus foreign] marketplaces. ...

Quote:

SuiteLiving, no, I do not ask you to take my word for it.
Can find many, or some, or any creditable economists that refuting due to USA's annual trade deficits, the nation's domestic production was less than otherwise; (i.e. the nation's domestic products (more than otherwise), were net “crowded out” of all, [our USA domestic plus foreign] marketplaces?

The ball's in your court.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
May be okay for you, I want the cites, otherwise it was inappropriate to include it in the thread title. IMO of course.
SuiteLiving, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were refuting my statement.
I've stated in effect it's extremely rare, or scarcely, or never has a creditable economist ever refuted such an assertion.
It's unreasonable to ask me to seek and extract citations for examples of what I believe to be extremely rare if they do exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies