Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 06:39 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

We
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's really that simple.

One of the basic ideas of the Constitution is that (1) Presidents don't make the laws, and (2) certain powers - including Power of the Purse - are reserved for the Congress.

With this "national emergency," you conservatives support your guy just bypassing Congress altogether and implementing his policies (which he couldn't get support through Congress) via royal decree.

That's basically called a dictatorship. Might as well disband Congress and just annoint Donald as King.

If you're for this stuff, then you're opposed to the spirit and concept of the Constitution.
They complained with Obama’s too. They may have the legal right - but surely I do not have to agree - that’s MY constitutional right. Why we have the judicial system, to sort it all out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 06:41 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
And the consequence of this one is that future Presidents, including Democrats, will also declare "national emergency" to maneuver around Congress and assert their will on major multi-billion dollar policies.
Since the days of Alexander Hamilton and George Washington foreign policy has been, and remains, the province of the President.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:47 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"I've got a phone and a pen."
The difference being there were actually real world issues instead of a made up crisis in the mind of an idiot. Trump said himself he didn't have to do this.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The difference being there were actually real world issues instead of a made up crisis in the mind of an idiot. Trump said himself he didn't have to do this.
Don’t expect his supporters to ever address that tidbit. They’ll screech FAKE NEWS even as the words tumble out of that idiots mouth. They’re beyond help.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:52 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
I can only see 2 possible crisis - one be climate - bad volcanic eruption or some catastrophic event- people have to run somewhere !
2- war in Venezuela, again they would run possibly to our borders. But the wall won’t be done by next mo - so!!? PS - Rubio at the Venezuelan border now .

Old 02-17-2019, 06:53 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
OP, so bottom line is Individual 1 is an enemy of the people. We have been saying this BEFORE he was elected.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Trump Republicans have proven to be frightened by invading Women and Children such that he must rip apart that bond the second they set foot in America.

Probably goes back to his own children siding with his ex wives, their mothers, and using his money to rip apart that bond...as you have seen they have joined his criminal organizations. So he ll use Americas money to rip apart more families.
Get a grip, will you?

It isn't just "women and children" who are "invading" --- and you know it, too. Yet you persist in lying.

And, if families get ripped apart it's the fault of the adults who are dragging them here illegally. Get over it.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:03 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
You live in San Francisco. That's all I need to see.
I guess you generate your opinions based on grotesque stereotyping rather than original thought applied to a topic. That's all I need to see.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:06 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
And here's another one for you geniuses out there:

If you spent the first two years of GOP-controlled Congress twiddling your thumbs, then waited to opportunistically threaten and declare a national emergency in response to obstacles... it's obviously planned strategy and not an emergency.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Yes, national emergency declarations have occurred before. This one is categorically different.

But show me where Obama's was used to find a $6B policy that was refused by Congress.

That's right - you can't.
No fan of trump at all.
Let"s see Obama used it in regard to Yemen. Why? Why not let congress decide? How was Yemen's political issues our National emergency?
He did it again for the Ukraine . Same questions apply.

My point was and is did those hyperventilating now do so when Obama did it? The answer is no.

How many US citizens have been harmed by illegals? I would say that is more of a US National emergency than political problems in Yemen or the Ukraine.

I would rather see strict E-verify laws enacted and enforced than spending money on the border wall.

Hell we spent over 3 billion on Obama's Obama care website.

Obama spent 40 million on a gas station in Afghanistan.

Obama spent over a trillion dollars on the F-35 turkey.
I can go on and on to demonstrate the hypocritical nature of the left's alleged outrage over spending money.

I am an independent that hates both parties and for the same reason. They are exactly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies