Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 11:37 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yes, about a century ago. Try to keep up. It's perfectly legal, so please find something else to whine about.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:38 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Your lot is pretty bad at "recognizing" corruption, pal. You elected the biggest con man and liar in the history of the American presidency. And H. Clinton was not found "guilty" of any "crimes." I guess, though, if you get all of your "information" from FOX and other right-wing propaganda machines, it's understandable that you'd see through this bizarre lens.
Many havnt cut the apron strings yet. No way were they going to allow another woman tell them what to do.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Anyone not blind to reality knew Trump was involved with the Russian associated efforts to influence the election. Cohen has now basically confirmed that Trump was aware of the coordination in his behalf with Wikileaks which got data from the Russians. Being aware of it and not stopping it is COLLUSION.
reaching there...

cohen said that stone called and said WikiLeaks was going to release info that might damage hitlery, it was NOT on trumps behalf, and it was not Russian done...WikiLeaks confirmed the info came from a DNC insider

WikiLeaks had been releasing stuff for a couple of years from snowden, some which damaged Obama and hitlery

there was no collusion

Old 02-27-2019, 11:42 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I actually feel bad for people who thought they were voting for a guy who would help this country, it's pretty f'd up. I don't think they're stupid, or deplorable. Trump being a liar doesn't make everyone who voted for him a liar, I think that's a childish conclusion.

If that was the case, we all are stupid because I guarantee every president was and is a liar, has covered up their actions, and if under the microscope that Trumps under would suffer greatly as he will for it.

Cohen's no better, he's just prepping a book deal and trying to pay back his ass boss.

If this is true I do feel sorry for our country as it will suffer the most. Those who trusted the president, and those who didn't will suffer. We are all Americans, and we will all pay a price for this. I have stopped playing party politics altogether and would suggest everyone stops. It's terrible for our country, regardless of which side you're on, we all live here.
Amen. It's on full display even in this very thread.

We're all in this together.

To think any ONE party has YOUR best interest in mind, is delusional.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:42 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Thank you for stating the obvious and making sure we did not miss it by calling it out in bright red. Yes, we know. Still doesn’t change that many of us believe he was simply using his candidacy for branding purposes, not because he really wanted to win the office. That’s what con men do, and I believe Donald Trump is a con man.
Sorry but that's a load of crock. Every thing Trump has done has consistently demonstrated a desire to fix America's real problems. It's ridiculous to think that he was willing to take on this massive burden and be brutalized daily by the media and social media all for a game where he just wants to promote his brand and image. Why even bother having talks with NK if it is just a game? He could have just coasted quietly and reaped the rewards.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:44 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,640,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Did Representative Higgins REALLY just admit to ignorance of Michael Cohen’s role in this political drama? Has he been living under a rock?
I know I laughed. Hell my Labrador knew who Cohen was. Doesn’t say much ch for Higgins awareness.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:45 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Why does it matter whether or not he’s truly sorry for what he did? What we’re trying to do is determine whether or not he’s being honest in his testimony. He does not have to be contrite to be honest.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
Do you think Rep Meadows yelled at Kushner for not filling out his government forms accurately? Lol.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I actually feel bad for people who thought they were voting for a guy who would help this country, it's pretty f'd up. I don't think they're stupid, or deplorable. Trump being a liar doesn't make everyone who voted for him a liar, I think that's a childish conclusion.

If that was the case, we all are stupid because I guarantee every president was and is a liar, has covered up their actions, and if under the microscope that Trumps under would suffer greatly as he will for it.

Cohen's no better, he's just prepping a book deal and trying to pay back his ass boss.

If this is true I do feel sorry for our country as it will suffer the most. Those who trusted the president, and those who didn't will suffer. We are all Americans, and we will all pay a price for this. I have stopped playing party politics altogether and would suggest everyone stops. It's terrible for our country, regardless of which side you're on, we all live here.

No.

Not every POTUS is a bad actor. Of course everyone lies, that is human nature, but some people lie, deceive, commit fraud etc...
Trump is in that class..

Old 02-27-2019, 11:48 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,553,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sorry but that's a load of crock. Every thing Trump has done has consistently demonstrated a desire to fix America's real problems. It's ridiculous to think that he was willing to take on this massive burden and be brutalized daily by the media and social media all for a game where he just wants to promote his brand and image. Why even bother having talks with NK if it is just a game? He could have just coasted quietly and reaped the rewards.
Clearly, you have ZERO knowledge of Trump's past. Nor do you seem to recognize that he is a malignant narcissist--and as such, compulsively seeks bigger and bigger venues for his own amplification, with little forethought as to the consequences. Never in Trump's entire life has he "coasted quietly." Have you ever even bothered to actually learn about this man's past. Because for those of us who have been watching the corrupt Trump show for the past 45 years, the ignorance on the part of those who voted for him is nothing short of amazing. And as for his present: he has done NOTHING "to fix America's real problems."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies