Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:04 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
^^^^^
And only 3 phone area codes.
Is that supposed to be relevant somehow??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 09:34 AM

5,948 posts, read 2,870,440 times
Quote:
^^^^^
Thank you,d4g4m, that is helpfull,i would never have known that..here is a rep.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:55 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
I was going to ignore this but it really upset me.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/22/us/fl...ice/index.html

This man was doing something illegal and has the audacity to smile in his mugshot. He is a prime example of white privilege. He can fire shots at the police and not be killed right there and then. Unarmed black men get killed for just being and this man can shoot at police, not receive return fire, and smile in his mugshot probably thinking he will be able to afford a lawyer who can fight for him to the end and won't have to stay in jail/go to prison.

He said that he's lucky to be alive. I'm like no you're white and that's why you're alive. LOL.
There is no such thing as white privilege and you have no proof there is. That's just what the false race card players say because they need their excuses for minorities.

Did you miss the story about the Houston police officers who assassinated a white couple in their own home because of a made up story?

Guess not, it doesn't fit the agenda.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:23 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:

This man was doing something illegal and has the audacity to smile in his mugshot. He is a prime example of white privilege. He can fire shots at the police and not be killed right there and then. Unarmed black men get killed for just being and this man can shoot at police, not receive return fire, and smile in his mugshot probably thinking he will be able to afford a lawyer who can fight for him to the end and won't have to stay in jail/go to prison.

He said that he's lucky to be alive. I'm like no you're white and that's why you're alive. LOL.
White privilege how, you do know there are more whites shot each year than blacks right?

Old 02-24-2019, 11:41 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
^^^^^
305 was one of the original 86 area codes created in 1947 by AT&T for all of North America and it served all of Florida. I remember when we lost it to Miami.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_codes_305_and_786

Old 02-24-2019, 11:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Whose bright idea was it to send the SWAT team to serve a warrant on the guy for 'practicing medicine without a license'?

I would interested to know if he lost his MD due to restrictions on opioid prescriptions, or if it was something else...anyone know?

Old 02-24-2019, 01:13 PM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whose bright idea was it to send the SWAT team to serve a warrant on the guy for 'practicing medicine without a license'?

I would interested to know if he lost his MD due to restrictions on opioid prescriptions, or if it was something else...anyone know?

He lost his license almost 30 years ago when a three year old girl he was treating for a birthmark died. Someone he recently treated had to go to the hospital. I would guess that is how the authorities got involved and realized he was still practicing medicine without a license.

This one mentions he was a known drug user and drug dealer.

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/lo...2-56fa1671149e

https://www.tampabay.com/news/public...0221/?comments

Old 02-24-2019, 01:46 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:

Are you actually serious?

Old 02-24-2019, 01:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
In 1960 the population was around 5 million, now it is 22 million.
Not sure what your point is. There are almost no "native" floridians as true development on the current scale didn't start until "transplanted" Air Conditioning and the Baby Boom - there are 10X as many people here now than after WWII (which about coincides with A/C and the start of the Baby Boom)....

Assigning something to "transplants" in Florida is ridiculous since it effectively has no history except for slavery, monied development (Rockefeller and Fischer Money from up north, Mafia and then Drug and Disney and Development money)...

I do get a chuckle when some "natives" tell people they should accept and blend in with the "real Florida Culture".

Old 02-24-2019, 01:59 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is no such thing as white privilege and you have no proof there is. That's just what the false race card players say because they need their excuses for minorities.

Did you miss the story about the Houston police officers who assassinated a white couple in their own home because of a made up story?

Guess not, it doesn't fit the agenda.
No one can read minds but my guess is that you will have a hard time finding known violent abusers who shoot at a SWAT team and are not shot back at....

Either way I give kudos to the SWAT team. Maybe they are learning not to be jury and executioner?? Not to say this guy is going to contribute much to society...

Privilege does exist. It may not be named "white", but since it's economically based...and since white folks were given 99% of the land (and therefore wealth) in this country, it often matches up.

We know a Surgeon who went off the deep end. Drugs of every sort while married and with kids. Ended up homeless and with street women and more and more drugs.

License yanked. Next thing you know he's making $2,000 a day consulting for lawyers. Now he is practicing again. Very few of us would get such 2nd and 3rd chances and get highly paid while we were abusing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies