Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:34 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
She has actually worked you know. Someone being born rich does not mean they never work, Ivanka in fact has put a lot of work into her clothing design, her father's company, etc, all which hold a hell of a lot more responsibility, and impact a whole lot more people, than being a damn bartender somewhere.

Not that it makes Ivanka a better person than someone else, even a janitor, but addressing the merits of "her working", which have nothing to do with if you like her or not.
They re criminal s for gads sake!! Not on tje same playing field as AOC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:36 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Part of AOC’s green new deal is to give guaranteed income even to those unwilling to work.
So un true .

Old 02-26-2019, 07:48 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
They re criminal s for gads sake!! Not on tje same playing field as AOC.
Criminal? What is their criminal record? Are you saying criminals cannot have any positive impact in the world? Are for or against, restoration of voting rights for felons?

Quote:
So un true .
"economic security to all those who are unable or unwilling to work"

-AOC

Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Oh please. "Daddy, I need a million so I can hire consultants and designers to make a fashion line to put my logo on it." That's hard work I tell ya, hard work.
Oh, so you admit she hired people, which is far more than what AOC has ever done.

Exactly who did AOC employ? You know, aside those she does not using tax payer money.

What business engagements, business practices of any kind, has AOC conducted? That is right, none, zero, she does not even have a concept of it.

But hey, you dislike Trump, you dislike Ivanka, so that is relevant, lol. If you liked them, you would be praising how well experienced they are in business.

See, I dislike Trump and Ivanka, especially that Jared guy, but I do not let that cloud my knowledge of the facts that they have far more business experience, and far more of an impact on the economy and employment opportunities than AOC ever had or will.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:57 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
If Ivanka didn't happen to have a rich and famous father, she too, probably would have waited tables or had a job as a bartender, and known what it's like to work minimum wage.

I can also say with 99.99% certainty that, if she didn't have a rich and famous father, she would not have had her designer clothing/accessories company, and thus, would not have had the opportunity to employ people in her own company.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:01 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
So un true .
Fake news. I suggest you actually read about it before making comments.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If Ivanka didn't happen to have a rich and famous father, she too, probably would have waited tables or had a job as a bartender, and known what it's like to work minimum wage.

I can also say with 99.99% certainty that, if she didn't have a rich and famous father, she would not have had her designer clothing/accessories company, and thus, would not have had the opportunity to employ people in her own company.
And? What does that have to do with anything? A lot of people would not be doing what they do at all if not for circumstances that allowed them to do so. If Bill gates grew up a different way, perhaps he would not do what he is doing, if Joe Smith did not, perhaps he would not be an auto tech.

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What business engagements, business practices of any kind, has AOC conducted? That is right, none, zero, she does not even have a concept of it.
Well, she has talked about "running trains". That may be how she made her living.

Does seem unlikely, she doesn't seem like someone BNSF would be hiring.

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
any talk of guaranteed income is most certainly about subsistence level income to keep someone from say freezing to death..so far most of this type of thing is just studies that probably says its cheaper than other alternatives...

there will come a time in the not to distant future when there will just NOT be enough work to go around in the traditional sense (technology and productivity increases will see to this)

becoming a elected congressperson before the age of 30 is most probably quite more of an achievement that a billionaires daughter becoming a fashion designer please!

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

What big time politician wasn't wealthy? You'll have to try hard to find one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies