Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 06:22 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Please show us proof of this! Liberals want checkpoints at every border crossing to catch drugs and “human traffic” and e-verify to ensure living wage jobs for everyone who wants and is legal to work.
Liberals want humane treatment of families who want nothing more than a better life for their children.
They should be given work permits, ankle bracelets to ensure they will have court hearings and not be incarcerated at tax payer expense. Criminals deported ASAP. Go back to Ronald Reagan’s dream.
Conservatives won’t back e-verify because business wants substandard wages.
"Conservatives won’t back e-verify because business wants substandard wages."

The DEMS CONTROLLED the White house, the Senate AND the HOUSE.

Why didn't THEY enact mandatory e verify when they had the chance?

I DOUBT ANY of them ever even suggested it, much less do anything about it.

But NOW you are mad about conservatives.

You REEK with hypocrisy!

Why didn't you call out VERY LIBERAL Ca?

"Is California an e verify state?Most California employers are not required to use E-Verify. In 2012, it became unlawful in California for the state or a city, county, or special district to require an employer to use an electronic employment verification system, such as E-Verify."

Funny I DON'T see a LOT of LIBERAL sates using e verify.

Yet you felt it important to call out conservatives.

"Which employers are required to use E-Verify?
E-Verify is a voluntary program for most employers, but mandatory for some, including:
  • Federal contractors
  • Employers in the following states:
    • Arizona and Mississippi: Required for all employers
    • South Carolina: Encouraged for all employers
    • Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Utah: Required for public contractors and state agencies
    • Idaho, Minnesota and North Carolina: Required for state agencies
You REEK with hypocrisy!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-02-2019 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 06:40 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just because they oppose the faux national emergency doesn't mean they are embracing illegal immigration. Wish this talking point would die on the vine, but it won't. Nobody wants open borders and illegal immigration.
" Nobody wants open borders and illegal immigration"

I love these broad brush ALL INCLUSIVE claims. NOBODY WANTS.

I guess you have spoken to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES and EVERY SINGLE one of them said they were NOT for open borders and illegal immigration.

Some just think THEY know it ALL and don't mind making fools of themselves in public!

Old 03-02-2019, 07:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And how many of your anti Trump predictions have come true in the over 3 yesrs you have been making them?
Plenty

Enough to keep Trumplings engaged and clearly anxious as he circles the drain.

Stay tuned.

You won't want to miss the exciting conclusion.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You're absolutely right. I cannot for the life of me comprehend this embrace of illegal immigration by the left (from both Democrats and establishment Republicans). Its all about the check (in the case of establishment Republicans) or the vote (in the case of Democrats) and is sickening.
Once again, you're thinking as if a stupid border wall is the only way to curb illegal immigration. There are many ways to address the issue. And you also believe that a few billion dollars will actually build it I wonder if the Republicans who are voting against ending this alleged called national emergency also know they are voting that their jobs are pointless and the only person whose decision counts is the president's.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
And how many of your anti Trump predictions have come true in the over 3 yesrs you have been making them?

Note how this individual keeps referring to our president in a juvenile way as tRump? Yet he has "old" in his forum name? Guess he never grew up.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:40 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just because they oppose the faux national emergency doesn't mean they are embracing illegal immigration. Wish this talking point would die on the vine, but it won't. Nobody wants open borders and illegal immigration.
Nope. Trump keeps telling these lies and Trump's base keeps repeating them.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:11 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Trumplings...

...just can't resist making ME the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Note how this individual keeps referring to our president in a juvenile way as tRump?
Ah, you noticed.
Quote:
Yet he has "old" in his forum name? Guess he never grew up.
Guessing is your best tactic.

Carry on.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:20 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Once again, you're thinking as if a stupid border wall is the only way to curb illegal immigration. There are many ways to address the issue. And you also believe that a few billion dollars will actually build it I wonder if the Republicans who are voting against ending this alleged called national emergency also know they are voting that their jobs are pointless and the only person whose decision counts is the president's.
Tell Israel that a border wall is stupid. Hell, tell those folks who live near areas on our border that are walled and have seen illegal crossings essentially drop to zero that a border wall is stupid.

Border walls are smart because they work. They are effective at sharply reducing illegal crossings. But no one (not even President Trump) says that a border wall should be the only thing we do to curb illegal immigration. As for a few billion (the latest emergency authorization signed by President Trump allocates more than a "few" billion), this money will do more than you and others may think, especially as much of the southern border is already walled.

Still, I'm all ears for a plan that would be cheaper and more effective at curbing illegal immigration than a border wall (and acknowledging that a border wall isn't the only way). Please detail.

Last edited by prospectheightsresident; 03-02-2019 at 10:34 AM..

Old 03-02-2019, 11:03 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Tell Israel that a border wall is stupid. Hell, tell those folks who live near areas on our border that are walled and have seen illegal crossings essentially drop to zero that a border wall is stupid.

Border walls are smart because they work. They are effective at sharply reducing illegal crossings. But no one (not even President Trump) says that a border wall should be the only thing we do to curb illegal immigration. As for a few billion (the latest emergency authorization signed by President Trump allocates more than a "few" billion), this money will do more than you and others may think, especially as much of the southern border is already walled.

Still, I'm all ears for a plan that would be cheaper and more effective at curbing illegal immigration than a border wall (and acknowledging that a border wall isn't the only way). Please detail.
Or we could tell Germany. Many Germans don't even remember theirs. What about the great Warsaw wall built by the Nazis? What, you don't remember that one? Neither do most citizens, since it's been gone about 80 years. The one in Cyprus has also been torn down. And Hadrian's wall of AD 122? Most of it has been converted to a road. It's 2019, not 1919. Walls are so last century (or last millennium) as a method of defense. As I sit here, typing on my computer rather than engraving hieroglypics on a tablet, we use computers and cameras as a financially smarter method to surveil others, not walls.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:14 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
" Nobody wants open borders and illegal immigration"

I love these broad brush ALL INCLUSIVE claims. NOBODY WANTS.

I guess you have spoken to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE UNITED STATES and EVERY SINGLE one of them said they were NOT for open borders and illegal immigration.

Some just think THEY know it ALL and don't mind making fools of themselves in public!
Just wondering who these Dems are that the right keep saying want open borders. Of course I haven't spoken to every single person. That doesn't even make sense. But those who can do something about immigration are not pushing open borders. That's my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies