Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 05:52 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,763,076 times

Advertisements

Another reason I personally believe women are more likely to want to get divorced than men is because men usually have a LOT more to lose. Divorce almost always favors women PERIOD.... Women usually get alimony, the family home, child support, and the children. Men get stuck supporting women they are no longer with and having to pay a much larger burden of the cost to raise the kids all the while having to try and support themselves on the same salary. They usually go from see their children daily to only being allowed to see them the standard every other weekend aka 4 days a month as well...

It's crazy to me why any man in today's age gets married and has kids... I'm not gay, but there's ZERO doubt in my mind and that I'd be much happier if I was gay and didn't have to deal with women financially and romantically.

As an aside, I know there's a huge disparity between men and women when it comes suicides... I wonder what the suicide statistics are between married heterosexual men and gay men...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 07:25 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,451,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Agreed. My husband and I haven't really fought ever since we got together 6 years ago. We resolve our differences through discussion and logic.
Not a supporter of same-sex marriage, but I do have a couple thoughts on this odd detour...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW10GJ8IWko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ecbGNxEHM

Old 03-10-2019, 07:30 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,010,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Are hetero couples more likely to have children? It seems children can create tons of stress in a relationship that gay couples may be less likely to face (the pregnancy, loss of freedom, money issues, changes in behavior that otherwise wouldn’t be required, child support...issues with exes, less one-on-one time, etc).
That was my first thought when I read the thread.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,140,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=spartandhp

https://www.iheart.com/content/2018-...heterosexuals/

Destroy the sanctity of marriage? Looks to me like we (married gay dudes) are saving it.

Since women instigate 80% of divorces, wouldn't cutting out women from marriage significantly cut down on divorces and thus further protect the sanctity of marriage?

Just food for thought.
So you found statistics about a non-existent arrangement. No matter how much you wish for it, marriage is between a man and a woman.

It's not a hard concept.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:54 AM

6,403 posts, read 4,133,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Someone has been triggered lol... I have to agree that women, at least American and westernized women, feel more entitled, think they're right even when they're wrong, and are more emotional. Not all of them, but enough of them... It's usually women who file for divorce... The fact that this study shows that men seem to stay married and are much happier when women aren't in the equation is very telling.... Of course women aren't going to like the outcome of the study... They seem to only like and accept outcomes when it favors them and puts down men...
We don't have to do mental yogas to come up with examples of why women tend to be more emotional and guys tend to be more rational.

Back when I was still dating women, they always asked me if they looked fat in something. The first couple of times, I gave them an honest answer and they would ask me again, hinting for me to tell them what they wanted to hear. Every straight guy knows exactly what I'm talking about.

The other night, as I was about to get intimate with my husband, he told me my breath stinks. I got up, went to brush my teeth and used mouthwash, and got back in bed.

Another thing that every straight guy will agree with me about women is the non-verbal cue BS. Memo: guys are not mind readers!

My husband and I don't beat around the bush. If he's unhappy about something, he doesn't say "you know what you did". He comes out and tells me exactly what I did that made him unhappy. And vice versa.

I work with married straight guys. Ignoring the ones with marriage troubles, even the ones who are happily married have nothing but complaints about their wives' emotional responses and the non-verbal cues to which they always have trouble reading.

The most common complaints I've heard from straight guys about women is they tend to treat everything as a crisis. One guy told me once he promised his wife he'd do something around the house for her. He was planning on doing it after he watched his football game. She kept nagging him to do it NOW. While he was telling me that, I kept thinking back to my husband and I. We do it when we do it. We prioritize. He cooks, I clean. Sometimes, I don't immediately clean after dinner. Sometimes, we would watch something after dinner and then I clean up the kitchen. No biggie.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 AM

293 posts, read 121,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So you found statistics about a non-existent arrangement. No matter how much you wish for it, marriage is between a man and a woman.
Except when two men get married
Or two women
Or multiple women to one man
Or multiple men to one woman
Or multiple people to multiple people

Quote:
It's not a hard concept.
Anyone consenting adult can marry any consenting adult. Not difficult

Old 03-10-2019, 12:20 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,595,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Well, it's actually that & also between same sex couples as gay marriage is legal & gay couples are getting married. No matter how much you don't want it to be so. It's not that hard of a concept.

Old 03-16-2019, 10:30 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,239,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So what you're saying is women are mean. You don't have to be gay to know that.
They are - but its because they're overly emotional and irrational. Too much estrogen makes you crazy.

They also talk too much, which is why their number one complaint about other people is that they don't listen to them, and of course since they are irrational so they can't understand how normal men view someone that is always talking - its impossible to listen to every damn word.

Forget the vagina monologues, what they need is an inner monologue. Distill down the stream of consciousness into the concise two sentence version: "This b-word made me angry today and I can't let it go. Will you listen to me rant about her for 90 minutes while you try to relax and watch the game?"

Old 03-16-2019, 11:03 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,615,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
That's probably because they have lower marriage rates.

Lower marriage rates = lower divorce rates.
Do you even understand what the word "Rate" means? Certainly not from this statement of yours.

Old 03-17-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,413,443 times
I wonder how polygamy compares to this, especially same-sex polygamy relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies