Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 06:20 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times

Advertisements

It's a pretty state, but if this survey by Edelman Intelligence is accurate, a majority of Californians would like to leave or have plans to leave. Primary reason: High housing costs.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/more-t...-outmigration/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 06:29 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I've always been amazed CA is such a welcoming State to uneducated Illegal's who cross the border. These people will require low cost housing and support which CA has very little low cost housing or room to build more.

CA welcomes the low income illegals, the homeless who live in tents and on the streets and they have no place to put these people permanently.

All I can say is if the people of CA leave I hope they remember what got them into their current crazy state of politics and don't vote it into their new state. We don't need high taxes and even worse politicians in Texas, we are bad enough as it is. Don't make it worse.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I've always been amazed CA is such a welcoming State to uneducated Illegal's who cross the border. These people will require low cost housing and support which CA has very little low cost housing or room to build more.

CA welcomes the low income illegals, the homeless who live in tents and on the streets and they have no place to put these people permanently.

All I can say is if the people of CA leave I hope they remember what got them into their current crazy state of politics and don't vote it into their new state. We don't need high taxes and even worse politicians in Texas, we are bad enough as it is. Don't make it worse.
The money is slowly leaving CA. All that will be left will be the hollyweirdos and their hypocrisy will soon be apparent when they have to shoulder the tax burden.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:08 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
According to an online survey that is not linked? Size of sample? Method of survey? Statistical validity?

Old 03-10-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The money is slowly leaving CA. All that will be left will be the hollyweirdos and their hypocrisy will soon be apparent when they have to shoulder the tax burden.
Sounds like NY, IL, MD and many other Democrat controlled states. Wonder what they all have in common ?

Old 03-10-2019, 07:29 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,098,635 times
Is California ‘s population dropping?
And then it comes the Democratic states are losing population because yes people are flocking to live in Mississippi, Alabama and West Virginia because of their Republican leaderships.

Every state has its positives and negatives

Old 03-10-2019, 07:52 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
According to an online survey that is not linked? Size of sample? Method of survey? Statistical validity?
Found this. It has some of the questions.

https://www.edelman.com/sites/g/file...aign=downloads

I agree those things are important, but no amount of data will make you believe what you don't want to believe.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:53 AM

602 posts, read 505,342 times
I don't know if CA's population is dropping in absolute numbers, but from the projections for the 2020 census this could be the first time in the state's history they lose representation (compared to much of the 20th century where California gained multiple seats after each census, as shown here). Losing a seat is even more likely if Trump gets his way with asking about citizenship on the census.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
I don't know if CA's population is dropping in absolute numbers, but from the projections for the 2020 census this could be the first time in the state's history they lose representation (compared to much of the 20th century where California gained multiple seats after each census, as shown here). Losing a seat is even more likely if Trump gets his way with asking about citizenship on the census.
NY and IL is also supposed to lose seats in the house.

It's why they want to count in the Census all the illegals in the state and don't want to determine if they are illegal.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:59 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyXY View Post
California's population grew by over two million between 2010, and 2020 why would you loose represtives with a growing population please please look at the numbers from the census bureau these threads Cherry pick to paint certain pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies