Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 12:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Your posts in this thread read like you're advocating for African Americans to be more insular and less assimilated into general "American" culture. Is that what you're going for?

If so, to what end and what's stopping you?

I think American's have sought to "Insulate" itself from blacks soon as blacks were freed from slavery. That is why they came up with Jim Crow laws. That is why and how "white flight" happened. This is why the level of segregation is what it is today.

To argue that I am promoting that blacks become insular is absurd. We are already insular as a result of the attempt to preserve/conserve white purity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Israel is surrounded by enemies, is it any wonder why they spend so much on defense?

Well...actually its a situation created by the West. Many of the problems in the world today were created as a result of borders created by Europeans and superimposed upon others. Most African nations borders were created by Europeans. Modern Israel was created by Europeans. Conflicts between India and Pakistan resulting from borders created by....guess who? Saadam invade Kuwait, saying that it was originally part of their land, until Europeans separated it when it controlled the area. Much of the border conflicts of the world were created by Europeans......so you should be paying. Besides, a home had to be created for the Jewish people because Europeans were persecuting Jews. In other words, Europeans were the enemy of Jews......so they created a safe have back in the holy land, partly to get ride of them.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:49 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think American's have sought to "Insulate" itself from blacks soon as blacks were freed from slavery. That is why they came up with Jim Crow laws. That is why and how "white flight" happened. This is why the level of segregation is what it is today.

That's not what I asked. I'm well aware of the atrocities that belong at the feet of white Americans when it comes to blacks in this country.

Quote:
To argue that I am promoting that blacks become insular is absurd. We are already insular as a result of the attempt to preserve/conserve white purity.
I'm not arguing anything. I'm communicating to you how your posts read to me. If I've got the wrong impression, great. Enlighten me. What is it, specifically, that you're advocating for in this thread? How do you think we (as a society) should go about making that happen?

Old 03-12-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
That's not what I asked. I'm well aware of the atrocities that belong at the feet of white Americans when it comes to blacks in this country.

I'm not arguing anything. I'm communicating to you how your posts read to me. If I've got the wrong impression, great. Enlighten me. What is it, specifically, that you're advocating for in this thread? How do you think we (as a society) should go about making that happen?

What is MAGA advocating for? Have you asked anyone that? I am advocating that blacks return to their greatness. Some say we never had greatness....and I am advocating against that.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
What is MAGA advocating for? Have you asked anyone that? I am advocating that blacks return to their greatness. Some say we never had greatness....and I am advocating against that.

This thread isn't about MAGA. I know exactly what that's about - I don't need to ask. It's a dog whistle for people that yearn for "the good old days" when white Christian superiority wasn't openly questioned and everyone else "knew their place".

I asked you specifically what you're advocating for and how to get there.

"Blacks returning to their greatness" is not at all specific. You realize that, I assume?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:05 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Non-White people, especially Blacks, continue to have such hardships in this country. Another thing to consider is that at times a White or non-White person will act in a willing manner that messes their life up and they pay the consequences but they still insist on using the victim card. Such behaviors. By "willing", I mean they are not pressured or coerced but do it out of free will. Such behaviors includes teenage pregnancy or joining a gang.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This thread isn't about MAGA. I know exactly what that's about - I don't need to ask. It's a dog whistle for people that yearn for "the good old days" when white Christian superiority wasn't openly questioned and everyone else "knew their place".

I asked you specifically what you're advocating for and how to get there.

"Blacks returning to their greatness" is not at all specific. You realize that, I assume?

Fair enough. I have to pat everyone down.....you understand. Some people come into this/these debate armed with dis-ingenuousness and rhetorical questions.

Blacks lost a healthy sense of who they are as a people, as a result of slavery. They lost a healthy sense of culture. They lost a healthy sense of family. They lost a healthy sense of self control. We were greatest when we had those things that were eroded by racial oppression, as well as, a general moral decline in American culture that permeates without regards to race.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:09 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
You have 2 opposing thoughts here. I'm presuming that you mean the people who we now call African American had all of these attributes before being forcefully taken from Africa and enslaved in the Americas, yes? You are also trying to tag onto the white supremacist MAGA movement with Maaga but I'm not sure how that works???
I justy have to say "UTTER BS".

Old 03-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Quote:
...Blacks lost a healthy sense of who they are as a people, as a result of slavery. They lost a healthy sense of culture. They lost a healthy sense of family. They lost a healthy sense of self control. We were greatest when we had those things that were eroded by racial oppression, as well as, a general moral decline in American culture that permeates without regards to race.

I don't disagree with any of that. However, our history, as terrible as it is for blacks, isn't some sort of cultural genocide that destroyed all historical record of African culture. Today's African Americans are more empowered than ever to reconnect with their historical culture. Nothing is stopping it. So, what would you have us, the American society writ large, do for your envisioned goal of regaining those things?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Non-White people, especially Blacks, continue to have such hardships in this country. Another thing to consider is that at times a White or non-White person will act in a willing manner that messes their life up and they pay the consequences but they still insist on using the victim card. Such behaviors. By "willing", I mean they are not pressured or coerced but do it out of free will. Such behaviors includes teenage pregnancy or joining a gang.

What one has to realize is that class is a very powerful influence on outcomes in America. One also has to realize that one of the results and lasting vestiges of racial oppression is that it created a poverty rate for blacks 3 times greater than whites.

As far back as you can go in America, post emancipation, the black rate of poverty has been multiple times the rate of white poverty. I am focusing on blacks and whites because these are the two groups who on average are at least 5 generation Americans and who have large populations. Immigrants and recent immigrants take awhile to rise to parity unless they are filtered in by selecting the best and brightest from those countries, like many Asians are. African Americans are at least 7 generation Americans. We should be enjoying the fruits of America as much as, if not more than, any group, but we are at the bottom.

Anyway, blacks inherited poverty as the payout for freedom.....and we can't catch up with whites because poverty traps people. Only 14% of those born poor make it out of poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies