Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 08:40 AM

2,828 posts, read 827,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
This thread isn't about MAGA. I know exactly what that's about - I don't need to ask. It's a dog whistle for people that yearn for "the good old days" when white Christian superiority wasn't openly questioned and everyone else "knew their place".

I asked you specifically what you're advocating for and how to get there.

"Blacks returning to their greatness" is not at all specific. You realize that, I assume?
In other words, "majority ruled" and that's how it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 08:45 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,247,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They can take responsibility for their families and put education at the top of their priorities.
That helps lift everyone of all races out of poverty.

An Educated Black has a lot of opportunities in the US that's not open to me as a White man. They are given priority in many hiring situations.
Your statement is str8 BS....period. Its well known that even less educated white men are more likely to have more opportunities than an educated black man in the US. Even prior to the Civil Rights Act. Please, if you are going to engage in dialogue then let it be factual......

Old 03-13-2019, 08:48 AM

24,722 posts, read 9,524,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
America changed all those things as a result of oppression. We went from being Kunta Kinte.....to being Tobe.
Oppression doesn’t make a black man shoot and kill another black man, that’s the result of a single parent household with no father subsidized by the US government.

Poor people aren’t stupid, they like money. So when you financially incentivize poor people to have kids as a single parent, that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

Quote:
The American economists Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell argue that the significant expansion of federal welfare under the Great Society programs beginning in the 1960s contributed to the destruction of African American families. Sowell has argued that "the black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...mily_structure

Until Democrats solve the black family nucleaus aka stop paying people to have kids out of wedlock, they can forget about solving anything else with people of color. It’s a hopeless cause.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:53 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
In other words, "majority ruled" and that's how it should be.

Uhh....no.

I'd like to think you're being sarcastic here, but...

Old 03-13-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
The more I read through this thread and the responses from the OP, the more I'm convinced this was just a troll thread to attempt to "out" racists/bigots here.
Calling people racist and bigots...

And then folks wonder why America will never have a true talk about race in this country.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:59 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Calling people racist and bigots...

And then folks wonder why America will never have a true talk about race in this country.

Huh? I'm not sure why you're quoting me - I'm not calling any specific people racist or bigoted.

Now, if you're trying to assert there are no racist or bigoted people in our society, or on this forum, that's gonna be a pretty long row to hoe....

Old 03-13-2019, 09:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,726,132 times
Quote:
Oppression doesn’t make a black man shoot and kill another black man, that’s the result of a single parent household with no father subsidized by the US government.

Poor people aren’t stupid, they like money. So when you financially incentivize poor people to have kids as a single parent, that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri...mily_structure

If a mind is biased and or "slow", there is not much I can do to create an epiphany so that you can "get it".

I will just say this. The rate of white single family homes have probably tripled from the rate in the 60's. Based upon your logic that single family homes explains high black murder rates of other blacks, one would expect to find a big increase in the rate of white homicides to coincide with the rate of increase in singe white households since the 60's. No such data showing an increase in homicides among whites exist. What is more likely is that the rate for whites has actually decreased since the 60's, NOTWITHSTANDING, an increase in single parent homes. I call BS. BS!

A cornerstone of scientific reasoning and theory is that a "discovery" has to be "reproducible". If you say mixing X and Y creates reaction Z, then someone else needs to mix X and Y and get the same Z. Yet, I took your formula, applied it to a rise in single parent homes for whites....and got no Z. Again.....BS!!!

Sell your snake oil somewhere else.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If a mind is biased and or "slow", there is not much I can do to create an epiphany so that you can "get it".
The black family nucleus is in chaos, so the black community as a whole will continue to be in chaos

There’s is nothing you, me, the internet, the government, or any politician can do to fix it because that time is long gone. Obama couldn’t even do anything and he had 8 years.

So threads like this won’t mean much. Blacks will continue to have an increas in out of wedlock birthrate funded by the government, blame all outside forces for all our issues, commit crimes against eachtother, see increases in the obesity rate, inqultities gaps widen, wealth decrease, and continue supporting Democrats.

Nice attempt at bribing awareness AA problem to the thread, but too little too late.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Huh? I'm not sure why you're quoting me - I'm not calling any specific people racist or bigoted.

Now, if you're trying to assert there are no racist or bigoted people in our society, or on this forum, that's gonna be a pretty long row to hoe....
When the name calling starts, you’ve already lost the battle.

If blacks could go just 1 second without accusing someone of being a racist bigot, maybe just maybe, America could have an honest discussion about race.

Alas, that will never happen.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,726,132 times
Quote:
The black family nucleus is in chaos, so the black community as a whole will continue to be in chaos

There’s is nothing you, me, the internet, the government, or any politician can do to fix it because that time is long gone. Obama couldn’t even do anything and he had 8 years.

So threads like this won’t mean much. Blacks will continue to have an increas in out of wedlock birthrate funded by the government, blame all outside forces for all our issues, commit crimes against eachtother, see increases in the obesity rate, inqultities gaps widen, wealth decrease, and continue supporting Democrats.

Nice attempt at bribing awareness AA problem to the thread, but too little too late.

Again....the "chaos" in the white family structure is steadily increasing......yet.....the economics of the white community has remained stable, if not greatly improved. You are not going to sell me that snake oil for blacks. You are just trying to deflect from the damage done from racial oppression. Granted, the black family structure does need improving.....but its demise, relative to the white family structure, is rooted in racial oppression.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-13-2019 at 09:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies