Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The nation lost already, this witch hunt did far more damage to the average citizen’s faith in democracy than a couple of Russian bad actors could ever manage with a few Facebook stories. It has served as a backdrop to keep fed the two years of partisan divide only seen in this nation a few times previously. We all lost by having the office of presidency sullied - by both the man occupying the office and those who were willing to destroy anyone and anything, including the nation itself, to get him out of there.

I don’t really care if Trump won or lost, I care a great deal about the two almost year, loss to our nation.
Stop , the blind calling this a witch hunt are just as much to blame for this as anyone.trump is dirty and a blind man can see it ,he protects himself well just look at the number of indictments and convictions that came from this investigations an do not forget trumps "obstruction of Justice" was left up to the AG ................who trump just put into Office. Witch Hunt ..................not even close.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
President Trump said 231 times, “No Collusion”

Currently, investigations are incomplete. Hold your horses!

Old 03-24-2019, 02:56 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The nation lost already, this witch hunt did far more damage to the average citizen’s faith in democracy than a couple of Russian bad actors could ever manage with a few Facebook stories. It has served as a backdrop to keep fed the two years of partisan divide only seen in this nation a few times previously. We all lost by having the office of presidency sullied - by both the man occupying the office and those who were willing to destroy anyone and anything, including the nation itself, to get him out of there.

I don’t really care if Trump won or lost, I care a great deal about the two almost year, loss to our nation.
And, as you know, the Democrats will still not stop & destroy themselves in 2020.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:57 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,202 times
Still haven’t seen the report. And neither has anyone else beside Trump appointee Barr who pooh-pooh Mueller months before the investigation ended. Instead of a “summary”, let’s see the report. If not the citizens, then let the Legislative Branch Judiciary Committees see it. If they come to the same conclusion as the “summary”, then there is nothing left to be said.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:58 PM

45,584 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If I'm ever accused of a crime, I would LOVE to be investigated by Trump's standards: refuse to be interviewed or placed under oath, and insist on all questions being submitted in writing to me & my many lawyers.
sourgrapes.com

Sorry it didn't go the way you wanted - you should be glad that the issue has been investigated and there was a resolution. No rules were broken in the investigation.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:59 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If I'm ever accused of a crime, I would LOVE to be investigated by Trump's standards: refuse to be interviewed or placed under oath, and insist on all questions being submitted in writing to me & my many lawyers.
You will be. You can do all that, the constitution also gives you every right to avoid self incrimination. You can refuse to answer any interview question you want and you can refuse to testify. You know, “Take the 5th”. The real question is why you think he should be afforded less rights than you.

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I disagree. He acted like a guilty man the whole time.

Thanks for your opinion.

Quote:
Trump attacked the very foundation of this country's legal system.

No other president has done this?

Quote:
He attacked the integrity of Mueller.

With very good reason....do you need to be told why?

Quote:
Trump acted more like a mafia boss than a president.

Only to you.

Quote:
Gotti got off a number of times on the same type of strategy.

What strategy...

Quote:
I would hope that we would expect more from a president...

^^^Said the obama supporter.....

Quote:
though maybe not anymore.

Agreed, your savior obama set an extreme low point in the presidency...

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Interesting...this is why the American people should see the entire report.

Exact quote from Mueller's report:

https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/s...02268743196674
Exactly!

Old 03-24-2019, 03:00 PM

18,458 posts, read 8,287,342 times
Reuters Top News

@Reuters
JUST IN: Attorney General Barr says in letter to Congress that Special Counsel Mueller did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official knowingly conspired with Russia

Old 03-24-2019, 03:00 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
"Does not conclude the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

That sentence doesn't make sense.
That means nothing more than Barr has an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies