Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 04:34 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times

Advertisements

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Monday blocked efforts by his Democratic counterpart to pass via unanimous consent a resolution to make public special counsel Robert Mueller's report

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/25/p...ell/index.html

I agree with McConnel on this one. Owing to ongoing investigations the full report may not be immediately made public without a careful review and redactions if needed.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:34 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
All I can say on the report is I hope congress does not receive the whole report, the thought of those idiots picking it apart word by word and then piecing every 3rd word together to prove whatever point will accomplish nothing.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:36 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
Obama is a micromanager, this is why he was a disaster in foreing policy in
Syria, Iraq and Libya. The military was handcuff cause of Obama.
What I wanna know is what Obama knew and when did he know about the Russian
election interference. The FBI will not proceed with the Trump investigation without Obama's knowledge.

The Obama administration has a history on spying Americans, specifically former
CBS reporter Sharyl Attkinson and Journalist James Rosen. Can you imagine the outcry if
the Trump administration spied on any journalist, the hypocrisy of the liberal media is
disgusting. Journalism is dead! Journalism these days is FAKE NEWS!
The liberal media is choking on their own lies now. The liberal media is losing their minds now.
The liberal media has so much egg in their face.

The other is issue is Mueller, when did he know all this in the report. The chances are, he knew Trump
was innocent way before the midterm elections. I mean this guy is really out to get Trump.
Just look at the the Mueller report, he couldn't stomach that Trump is completely innocent.
As a prosecutor, he should say yes or no on obstruction of justice. He waffled on this one.
According to him Trump didn't commit a crime but not exonerated, what is that! Just say it,
say yes or no on obstruction of justice.

The beauty about the letter of the Mueller report is that
Bill Barr kept Rosenstein around to continue to oversee the entire investigation from start to finish
and coauthored that report by putting Rosenstein's name in that report.

Remember, Rosenstein was the guy who wanted to wire tap Trump.
Rosenstein had to change his tune and admit that Trump is 100 % innocent, and the beauty of it is,
he did it in writing. This collusion investigation was a sham and a waste of
tax payer money. The democrats should be ashamed of themselves.
The funny thing is, these idiot democrats are still at it, this is why I can't vote democrat anymore.
BC, Obama did a lot more Obama spying than that...
Obama was caught red handed tapping Merkel, the government of Brazil, Mexico, France, Italy.....
..tapping and recording all of their phone calls

Great post, you reminded me of some things I had forgotten....

Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Default Being on Defense wasn't fun. Guess what now!

Time for the liars to feel THE PAIN.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...tion-backstory

https://twitter.com/GeorgePapa19/sta...tion-backstory

Old 03-25-2019, 04:41 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The Individual 1 appointed judges disagree with you and the radical right that the investigation was flawed or never should have existed.

There never was any proof that Americans colluding with Russians, and there were never any Russians colluding with Americans, which proves how flawed the basis was for a criminal investigation. You cannot start a criminal investigation without first citing a crime that was committed. That is why this was flawed from the start. Mueller tried, for two years to find a crime of collusion, when there should have been a crime already cited for him to pursue.

If this were a murder, before you's start a murder investigation you'd need to first cite a murdered person, correct? following that analogy, Rosenstein did not cite a murder victim, all he did was make an assumption that it's possible someone,somewhere may have been murdered, and tasked Mueller to look see, if he could find one.

Quote:
Again obstruction is still open. Why? Mueller did not exonerate Individual 1 from obstruction. It goes to show AGAIN, there may have been obstruction but a question as to whether it rose to criminality. {snip}
...and down the same rat hole you go. We just spent two years and millions of taxpayer dollars based on the assumption that it's possible someone, somewhere could have colluded. Now you are geared up for the same go around, just because there is the potential for obstruction.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:48 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
So that’s a no?

One could ask, why didn’t Trump want to answer Mullers questions in person?
My guess is that Trump DIDNT answer those questions his lawyers did. I’m also willing to bet Trump wasn’t even in the same room when his lawyers another questions FOR him. Three more things. Did the lawyers/Trump pleade the 5th or even bother answer the questions?

Last question. To my knowledge we never got to see what were the questions? As taxpayers we should gave the right to see them , this goes for ANY time a elected official is under investigation regardless of party.
He is trying to squash that now. He doesn't want us to see his answers.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
The first is Barr’s rationale. Legal experts say it’s odd that he emphasized the lack of an underlying, proven crime, given that’s not necessary for obstruction of justice.

“I think this is the weakest part of Attorney General Barr’s conclusions,” said Jessica Levinson, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. “You do not need to prove an underlying crime to prove obstruction of justice. Martha Stewart is quite aware of this fact.
Ridiculous. Either they're not experts, or they didn't read what Barr wrote. Or maybe they're just lying.

Barr's article explains very clearly why he emphasized the lack of an underlying crime: The OOJ statutes require a corrupt intent (i.e., trying to stop justice from being served). You can't have such an intent if you didn't commit a crime.

And the Martha Stewart reference is idiotic/dishonest. She was not convicted of OOJ; she was convicted of a 1001 violation.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:55 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I think we should look on the bright side.

At least 60% of the voting public now know what obstruction of justice is.
No, they don't. They have no idea. I'm a lawyer, and I learned a lot about OOJ in connection with this process, but even I'm still trying to learn the details of every federal obstruction statute.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Go ahead. Do it. Act like a authoritarian government here in the USA, and watch how it ends.

Because in 2020 the Democrats have a good shot at winning. If they do, what happens next? Either Trump goes all in dictator, and just imagine how that ends, or you hand this over to the Democrats with a all new playbook written.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:59 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
There never was any proof that Americans colluding with Russians, and there were never any Russians colluding with Americans, which proves how flawed the basis was for a criminal investigation. You cannot start a criminal investigation without first citing a crime that was committed. That is why this was flawed from the start. Mueller tried, for two years to find a crime of collusion, when there should have been a crime already cited for him to pursue.

If this were a murder, before you's start a murder investigation you'd need to first cite a murdered person, correct? following that analogy, Rosenstein did not cite a murder victim, all he did was make an assumption that it's possible someone,somewhere may have been murdered, and tasked Mueller to look see, if he could find one.

...and down the same rat hole you go. We just spent two years and millions of taxpayer dollars based on the assumption that it's possible someone, somewhere could have colluded. Now you are geared up for the same go around, just because there is the potential for obstruction.
Jesus Christ! Does Flynn, Manafort, and Cohen, ring a bell. They were all connected to Trump and they all were convicted, or plead guilty to, conspiracy with Russian operatives. Either at the state or individual level.

Close your eyes if you must, but the smell of Trump's feces will still penetrate your brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies