Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 02:51 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Devotee of Trump Republican persuasion act that way.

Democrats are the tortoise ... and will make a win for the American People..to be sure something like this never happens to THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EVER AGAIN.

vote out the usurper if he is nt jailed first.

The White house is complicit in treachery against the American People by- bypassing Congress and hiding the Mueller Report to benefit the criminal contained within.

It s a greater tragedy then voting in Trump.

I am not for either party. The DEMS are no better than the GOP. Both parties have proven their ineptness over and over.

Your reply where most of the words are underlined and or in bold show me that you are simply a partisan hack who just does not get it.

I am not a fan of Trump and have endlessly criticized him here but but Mueller said no collision happened and concluded against obstruction against Trump. He was the impartial observer. If and when the report is released it will be bounced around by both parties and their minions for political gain. I am fine with its release but it won't change anything.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:52 PM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I would believe Mueller's report for what it is without it being released to the public. whichever way it went, Mueller is who he is and knew what he was doing.

I would believe AG Barr's summary. It was made in consult with a clearly non Trump Deputy. Barr is known for his straight line and adherence to law.

And I would trust that leaks will follow and the salacious details will come out sooner of later. That isn't going away and that is all any one who wants to whole report is looking for.

Whole thing is a shame and our country deserves better than the government has given us. IMO
I want to know what Mueller had in order to determine that he wouldn't exonerate Trump for obstruction of justice.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
exactly...and that fact destroys the story line...Mueller didn't even have enough to ask Trump questions
He thought there was something involved with obstruction of justice or he wouldn't have said Trump shouldn't be exonerated.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
President Trump has been proven to obey the law. Let’s see Democrats undergo the same scrutiny as they inflicted on President Trump. It is Democrats who must be investigated and held to account and brought to justice.
Trump has been proven to obey the law??? Hahahahaha. He would have LOVED to ignore the Constitution plenty of times in the past, but he couldn't get away with it.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:55 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
Here is some important news.
Fox News’ Napolitano: Barr’s Letter Hints That Mueller Did Find Conspiracy Evidence Napolitano wondered why
Quote:
Barr did not clear Trump of obstruction. “Now that’s a head scratcher,” the legal expert said. “Why would the Attorney General reveal any ambivalence on part of the government on whether President has complied with the law?”
Quote:
He believes Barr, though appointed by the president, did him no favors. Napolitano stated, “When he said in his four-page letter that the government could not establish the existence of a conspiracy – he meant it could not establish it beyond a reasonable doubt. Did they find some evidence of conspiracy? Of course they did! If they didn’t, he would have told us.”
https://hillreporter.com/fox-news-na...evidence-28941

Old 03-27-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You realize Trump haist want “exonerated”, he wasn’t even charged?
Don't know what you're trying to say there, but no, Mueller said he didn't exonerate Trump on obstruction of justice.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:58 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes not enough proof to claim collusion by the Trump campaign but you can bet there are many interesting details. We will see if executive privilege claimed by Trump to block parts of the report, that will be the next battle. Keeping in mind that Trump wanted full transparency.
You would nt have enough proof to determine what the final result was of your dot to dot either if your mother slammed shut your workbook.

Barr is Trumps new fixer. And in a month he sure fixed that report to not say any more.

You know everything out of the mouths of this admin.. the reality is simply the opposite.

Trumps the anti....you fill in the blanks.

It isnt that hard .

Old 03-27-2019, 03:01 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Barr also wrote last year a 19-page memo which seriously questions the validity of the investigation and which states president has unlimited powers and can't be guilty of obstruction of justice.

Barr is NOT impartial on this issue.

Further, Rosenstein, for some reason has been back in Trump's good graces ever since Rosenstein took that plane ride with Trump on AF1 a several months back.

Both Barr and Rosenstein are LIFETIME political operatives - and known to be wily survivors.

Anyone who believes the scales haven't been tipped by both of these guys - well, I've a bridge to nowhere you may want to buy.

The fix was in when Mueller went to Barr three weeks ago saying he wasn't going to arrive at a conclusion on either issue. So Barr and Rosenstein had a lot of time to decide how to play this.
Yes. One week... into the shut down memo from Barr ,giving Mueller one month to conclude...three weeks ago...right.

The Barr Opinion was already written.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Has Mueller denounced what barr put out?
Mueller's done. He never talked before and certainly won't be talking now. He did say he wouldn't exonerate Trump on obstruction of justice. Wonder why Barr did?

Old 03-27-2019, 03:05 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a fan of Trump and have endlessly criticized him here but but Mueller said no collision happened and concluded against obstruction against Trump.
No legally provable collusion.

Barr/Rosenstein made the decision on obstruction - not Mueller.
Quote:
The Special Counsel's decision to describe the facts of his obstruction investigation without reaching any legal conclusions leaves it to the Attorney General to determine whether the conduct described in the report constitutes a crime.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense.

In cataloguing the President's actions, many of which took place in public view, the report identifies no actions that, in our judgment, constitute obstructive conduct, had a nexus to a pending or contemplated proceeding, and were done with corrupt intent, each of which, under the Department's principles of federal prosecution guiding charging decisions, would need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt to establish an obstruction-of-justice offense.
Mueller said Trump could not be exonerated on obstruction. In no way did Mueller conclude "against" obstruction.
Quote:
“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies