Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2019, 06:14 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
I love how liberals blame Russians for “dividing the country” when they’re doing a really great job of it themselves

Old 03-31-2019, 06:23 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL.... BS was the Mueller Report itself, and the Russian Collusion fairy tale.

Do you understand that by law -- the report is not supposed to be released?
So the report that we haven't seen is BS, even Barr's very limited interpretation should put that thought to bed.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:28 AM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I might be in the minority, but I'm still skeptical that Russia really interfered in the election at all.

To date nobody has actually taken responsibility for meddling in the election, and Mueller issued a bunch of indictments of Russians that will never make it to trial. The whole DNC email leak has been accepted as a hack, but they're taking that on faith based on a third-party paid for by the DNC.

I just think, with Trump cleared, we need to seriously ask ourselves how solid is the Russia meddling narrative anyway.
That flies in the face of extensive facts, do you not believe the various intelligence agencies.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:52 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The odds of the majority of Americans buying off on this BS is fairly low.

The longer Trump and his lackeys stall on releasing the Mueller Report, the more curious Americans are going to get.
The curiosity only grows each day the report does not come out. Barr should have it to House and Senate committees.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:09 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
If the congress democrats move to impeach Trump...
...it has to go to the Senate republicans for approval...not going to happen
and then to John Roberts...not going to happen

and that law was written because of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky

Old 03-31-2019, 07:40 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
No he didn't. Mueller never said these events did not occur. They did.

Just because these events are not indictable does not mean they did not occur.

They did.
And just because you hate Trump does not mean those events are treasonous.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:43 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The curiosity only grows each day the report does not come out. Barr should have it to House and Senate committees.

Barr is the fox guarding the hen house. Considering Barr's past, he lacks independence and credibility.

Last edited by tillman7; 03-31-2019 at 08:35 AM..

Old 03-31-2019, 07:48 AM

19,769 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Is there a truthful book that explains how Trump managed to get elected? Was it a planned outcome, the result of a cleverly designed polling strategy and add campaign by the Trump machine and the RNC or just chance event? My own inclination is to think it was based on a massive emotional reaction against Obama and Clinton, mixed with a lot of anxiety about rapid social change and economic dislocation, topped off by a terrible campaign by Clinton who preferred to laugh and try to put down at Trump, rather than focus on the heart of this discontent and propose solutions.
No book that I know of but you’re spot on..

Old 03-31-2019, 08:39 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Questions remain and the only way to "exonerate" them is to have Congress see the whole report unredacted and in it's entirety. Congress views classified material all the time. Anything less and it's just more Republican obstruction and cover up. Barr is playing games. The question lingers if he's Trump's Roy Cohn or if he stands for the rule of law. Time will tell. Until then, Trump is not exonerated, or cleared of any wrong doing. There are still 16 more investigations. Mueller's mandate was to write a report about Trump, he will not indict a sitting president per DOJ guidelines. Therefore it becomes the responsibility of Congress to determine if there are impeachable offenses. Congress needs the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Not some sanitized report by a partisan appointee who auditioned for the job with a narrow opinion about what obstruction is or isn't. None of what Barr is doing passes the smell test. It reminds me of the Nunes memo that was supposed to exonerate Trump with more to come.

Let it go? Hardly. We the people have spoken in the mid terms when we elected a Democratic Congress, and we want the truth. Respect the process and let Congress have the entire report.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:50 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Apparently, and he got what he wanted. The Russians interfere in European elections too and the Europeans know it and try to stop it. I don't know how successful they are at stopping it.

And I think there are Russian bots on this forum who are the ones repeating the same crazy stuff over and over, but that's just my opinion.
Drats!!!

Foiled again......

Just when I was this close to Moose and Squirrel.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies