Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is white nationalism on the rise?
Yes 173 52.42%
No 157 47.58%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 08:46 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times

Advertisements

With Anti-American, traitorous, or ouright espionage laden garbage like Rashida Talib, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, and Ilahn Omar (who quite literally told a crowd of Muslims at a terro- uh... CAIR rally outside LA)...

...I hope it's on the rise...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 09:09 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I don't think so, and Trump agrees.
Why even use the Democrats (and by extension their propaganda wing of the MSM) term "white nationalist".
They are trying to conflate supremacist with nationalist, which is rubbish. If a guy is a black or brown nationalist, do you envision them as some racist hate filled kook?
Of course not, just a patriotic American.
However I'd bet dollars to donuts the media has done a number on many people who think KKK or Nazi when the term white nationalist is mentioned.

The bottom line is anyone of any gender or color can be a nationalist, and there is nothing wrong with it. So stop allowing the media to create a false narrative by repeating their inaccurate and intentional use of the term nationalist.

`

Old 03-25-2019, 12:43 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Why even use the Democrats (and by extension their propaganda wing of the MSM) term "white nationalist".
They are trying to conflate supremacist with nationalist, which is rubbish. If a guy is a black or brown nationalist, do you envision them as some racist hate filled kook?
Of course not, just a patriotic American.
However I'd bet dollars to donuts the media has done a number on many people who think KKK or Nazi when the term white nationalist is mentioned.

The bottom line is anyone of any gender or color can be a nationalist, and there is nothing wrong with it. So stop allowing the media to create a false narrative by repeating their inaccurate and intentional use of the term nationalist.

`
Actually 100% of Black Nationalists are racist. That is a fact, just like a white nationalist is racist. A Patriot isn't a Nationalist. A Nationalist means you put your country first regardless of morals because your country is best at everything so from a moral standpoint everything your country does or can do is morally right, that will eventually become you vs. the others and will always bring in things like your nation's race vs. other nations race, your nation religion vs. the other. Your nations traditions vs. the other. To believe your nation is the best at everything you have to believe something is wrong with other nations first, and that could be a list of any characteristics you want it to be.

Trump may have meant Patriot with his words but he kept saying nationalist maybe he doesn't accept the definition of nationalist, but the fact that he keeps using that fraze is troubling.

Nationalism is essentially hyper-religion to a people/place. that means their is something inherently wrong with everyone else. Hence, Japan can justify taking over and genociding (I know not a word) a majority of Asia and replacing it with Japanese people (Essentially a more brutal take on their WWII plan) it's moral because in the nationalist eyes your replacing other countries with better people. This is why a white nationalist sees America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as wholly white lands, the minorities that were there are being replaced by inherently by better people, their people. If their people are better people, said minorities should just be happy to be among superior people and suck it up. Unlike many religions though you can't convert people into your people, you have to physically replace them.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:01 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Where was this thread when the racist Oslo shooter committed his crime while Obama was in office?

Or the time the racist white Charleston church shooter committed crime under Obama?

The two biggest racial shootings in the world and no thread about the rise of white nationalism, go figure.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Since when do you speak for Democrats? You obviously have no clue as to what Democrats think. Puhleeze.
And neither do the democrats.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Yes they are.
No they are not. Not even close and it's sleazy to say they are.
from 2012
"At 41.6 percent, blacks were more likely to participate in government assistance programs in an average month. The black participation rate was followed by Hispanics at 36.4 percent, Asians or Pacific Islanders at 17.8 percent, and non-Hispanic whites at 13.2 percent."

Quote:
And since the assertion is that whites are so successful they shouldn't be receiving welfare and so much public assistance.
It's not about your made up, bigoted, group think

Old 03-25-2019, 06:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Actually 100% of Black Nationalists are racist. That is a fact, just like a white nationalist is racist. A Patriot isn't a Nationalist. A Nationalist means you put your country first regardless of morals because your country is best at everything so from a moral standpoint everything your country does or can do is morally right, that will eventually become you vs. the others and will always bring in things like your nation's race vs. other nations race, your nation religion vs. the other. Your nations traditions vs. the other. To believe your nation is the best at everything you have to believe something is wrong with other nations first, and that could be a list of any characteristics you want it to be.

Trump may have meant Patriot with his words but he kept saying nationalist maybe he doesn't accept the definition of nationalist, but the fact that he keeps using that fraze is troubling.

Nationalism is essentially hyper-religion to a people/place. that means their is something inherently wrong with everyone else. Hence, Japan can justify taking over and genociding (I know not a word) a majority of Asia and replacing it with Japanese people (Essentially a more brutal take on their WWII plan) it's moral because in the nationalist eyes your replacing other countries with better people. This is why a white nationalist sees America, Canada, New Zealand and Australia as wholly white lands, the minorities that were there are being replaced by inherently by better people, their people. If their people are better people, said minorities should just be happy to be among superior people and suck it up. Unlike many religions though you can't convert people into your people, you have to physically replace them.
Agree with much of this. The attempt to 'normalize' these groups is likely the most disturbing & harmful trend in the present day:

Quote:
The event began with a torchlit rally where attendees shouted, “You will not replace us!” (some replacing “you” with “Jews”). The next day, the event attracted a counterprotest, during which a self-avowed Nazi sympathizer drove a car into a crowd, killing a young woman. Afterward, President Donald Trump famously remarked that there were “very fine people on both sides.” The events weren’t the high point of the alt-right but the beginning of the end of the alt-right’s real or imagined political effectiveness.
One year after Charlottesville, the alt-right is gathering again — in Washington

Neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and the alt-right are rallying outside the White House.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/6/1764477...ht-2-explained

Old 03-25-2019, 07:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it sure would be nice to deal with some facts.

I just spent a few minutes looking for information on the web... you know.... doing the super-duper uber accuate Google Research...

all I got were biased groups talking about crazy white people.

I actually am willing to accept data from groups like this even while understanding their bias. But what I have found is, the data is lacking. There really isn't that much data that says X is happening.

I see stuff about FBI reporting of hate crimes increasing some but there is no real breakdown. how much of that is a rise in White Nationalists or white racists? how much of it is related to political attacks by groups like ANTIFA? are those things even getting categorized as hate?

I absolutely believe that violence based on hatred is on the uptick. but that hatred has many forms. We are living in a period where angry rhetoric from all sides has been steadily increasing for the last 20 years or so. you cant have that without having marginal people acting out violently as a result.

I am not trying to play it down. I want actual factual numbers on violence as a result of hate in all its forms and I want those numbers broken down by what the source is.

I just cannot find data that gives any real direction.
Can you tell me what the difference is between a hate crime committed by a white nationalist and a hate crime committed by white racist? What sort of hate crimes are committed by white nationalists?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:59 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I don't think so, and Trump agrees.

Why do you ask the question?

Do you have problem with white Americans loving their country?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
The government. It is illegal to live in an all white neighborhood.
I live in an all-white neighborhood. So you're just full of bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies