Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 06:59 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Are you suggesting we should have to pay for our own healthcare insurance AND the healthcare insurance of others too? You seem certain that your goal of generosity, charity and benevolence with other peoples' money is somehow acceptable and not theft and that leaves me baffled.
No, we should have single payer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 07:09 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post

I would agree IF that meant you pay for yours and I'll pay for mine BUT that isn't what you mean.

You and people of your mindset do not appear mentally capable of comprehending that government interference into the market, injecting a ton of guaranteed tax dollars along with massive regulation of the market is what CREATED the healthcare financial crisis. So your solution is to double down on stupid ideas by having the government completely take over it?

Let me guess... your only class in economics was economic illiteracy 101?

Old 03-23-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I would agree IF that meant you pay for yours and I'll pay for mine BUT that isn't what you mean.

You and people of your mindset do not appear mentally capable of comprehending that government interference into the market, injecting a ton of guaranteed tax dollars along with massive regulation of the market is what CREATED the healthcare financial crisis. So your solution is to double down on stupid ideas by having the government completely take over it?

Let me guess... your only class in economics was economic illiteracy 101?
What are you talking about? Several other first world countries, including Canada have made single payer work. It works because not everyone consumes healthcare at the same time

Old 03-23-2019, 07:56 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
The people who push for single payer healthcare aren’t paying for **** now, they wouldn’t pay then either.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The people who push for single payer healthcare aren’t paying for **** now, they wouldn’t pay then either.
That's not true, a lot of us (myself included) have insurance, but it has high copays and deductibles, so you still have to pay big $$$ at point of use, which almost defeats the purpose of paying for insurance

Old 03-23-2019, 07:59 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Have you ever thought that if you got the damn government out of it, get rid of all of those regulations, and have an actual free market, that the prices would plummet?

No, because it's not that the left wants "cheap" healthcare for all, they want free for them at the added ridiculously high expense to taxpayers.
You're dreaming if you think ditching regulations and letting the medical industry self regulate is a good idea. I don't want my doctor "trained" in some back alley warehouse in the finer arts of human anatomy. That's just nuts.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:16 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? Several other first world countries, including Canada have made single payer work. It works because not everyone consumes healthcare at the same time
Single payer doesn't work. Canada's and the UK's healthcare s*cks. Extremely long wait times in the ERs and most of the healthcare is dispensed in clinics. The quality of medical care in the US is much higher.

GoFundMe is perfect for these medical bill funding requests. The general public should not be forced to pay the medical bills for those who live in an unhealthy manner (overeating, cigarette smoking, alcoholism)... but if YOU feel sorry for them, then YOU donate to their GoFundMe page. I also don't want my insurance premiums covering some mentally ill person's desire for a sex change operation. And there is a lot of really expensive experimental treatments that I don't believe should be covered by insurance. So for all of that, turn to GoFundMe pages and other methods of fundraising.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
That's not true, a lot of us (myself included) have insurance, but it has high copays and deductibles, so you still have to pay big $$$ at point of use, which almost defeats the purpose of paying for insurance
How much are you paying for your health insurance and is it through the ACA?

Old 03-23-2019, 08:19 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,105,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Have you ever thought that if you got the damn government out of it, get rid of all of those regulations, and have an actual free market, that the prices would plummet?
If we did get government out, there is no evidence whatever that prices would "plummet." The only thing that we know for a fact would plummet would be average life expectancy.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:21 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
It's archaic and barbaric that in one of the wealthiest nations on earth, folks hold spaghetti dinner fundraisers to pay for their child's chemo.

Obamacare eliminated exclusions for pre-existing conditions and created a max out-of-pocket but we have a long way to go.

Everyone should have the coverage our elected officials enjoy.

GoFundMe CEO Says His Site Has Revealed Massive Problems with US Healthcare
responsible people raising families buy health insurance, they don't depend on charity, they love their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies