Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 08:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I do believe that Matt Taibbi was one of the very very few journalists who said that it's likely that Trump was going to beat Hillary.

Quite an insightful man.

And he's right. The MSM has destroyed it's brand & credibility.
Perhaps you are confusing Taibbi with Michael Moore who projected a Trump win.

Taibbi predicted a Hillary win:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-wrong-112032/

As it relates to 2020, as of last November, his crystal ball shows a likely Trump victory.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ection-758840/

Make no mistake, Taibbi thinks Trump is an idiot, no diff than Hillary or anyone the DNC will nominate in 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 08:15 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Yeah, staged war photography is as old as photography itself.

So maybe Cronkite was working according to precedent, not setting it
Yeah nothing new, the media has always been complicit in support of crimes of the state. Pravda USA

Old 03-25-2019, 08:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I do believe that Matt Taibbi was one of the very very few journalists who said that it's likely that Trump was going to beat Hillary.

Quite an insightful man.

And he's right. The MSM has destroyed it's brand & credibility.
Why are you so hung up on what the media thinks?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Perhaps you are confusing Taibbi with Michael Moore who projected a Trump win.
I only read the first link. I take note of this.
"...Way back in February, after following Trump in New Hampshire, I guessed at the probable nominee’s general-election strategy: “Trump will surely argue that the Clintons are the other half of the dissolute-conspiracy story he’s been selling, representing a workers’ party that abandoned workers and turned the presidency into a vast cash-for-access enterprise, avoiding scrutiny by making Washington into Hollywood East and turning labor leaders and journalists alike into star-struck courtiers.”

Back then, I thought Trump had a real chance at the presidency. ..."
I remember when he said it. He was one of a handful in the MSM who would even go there. He did admit later that he fell for the same nonsense that apparently got some of you hook line & sinker, and the day after the election, when this was written, he admitted why.

Time for the rest of you to go there. i.e. Stop being so quick to defend the crooked media, and we know they are crooked, and so quick to attempt to discredit anyone and everyone who calls them out on it. I know you must have spent a lot of time trying to find those links to take down Taibbi and you got nothing out of it.

The MSM has lied to you for 3 years about Trump. I can't imagine why some of you will do everything you can to continue to defend them without thought or question.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Taibbi said despite major doubts about Trump's competence and ability to govern, the U.S. has dealt with anti-intellectual presidents before.

"The only consolation is that this is not a new phenomenon. We've had two presidents in the past who don't read," he said. "Ronald Reagan needed to have videos made for him, because he can't even read one-page reports, and George W. Bush needed to have other people read things out for him."

Wow this guy has all kinds of feelings/thoughts.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Exactly right. The same goes for the psychotic left who can't let this go - they are hanging on to any hope for it to be true.

It's not going to happen. Trump is exonerated, there was no collusion, there was no obstruction. The left is going to have to put on their big boy/girl panties and move on.
Similar outcome to the 7 year special investigation of the Clintons regarding Whitewater controversy. No shortage of Clinton haters never accepted that outcome.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why are you so hung up on what the media thinks?
Why are you so hung up on what I think?

Old 03-25-2019, 09:19 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
I am just reading through the article... this is on the money.

Over the weekend, the Times tried to soften the emotional blow for the millions of Americans trained in these years to place hopes for the overturn of the Trump presidency in Mueller. As with most press coverage, there was little pretense that the Mueller probe was supposed to be a neutral fact-finding mission, as apposed to religious allegory, with Mueller cast as the hero sent to slay the monster.

The Special Prosecutor literally became a religious figure during the last few years, with votive candles sold in his image and Saturday Night Live cast members singing “All I Want for Christmas is You” to him featuring the rhymey line: “Mueller please come through, because the only option is a coup.”

Old 03-25-2019, 09:25 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
This article should be required reading in any college school of journalism. REQUIRED

Remember the walking bridge that fell at the college in Florida? ... the train wreck in Washington state? There were a bunch of studies and investigation launched based on what caused the failure... in engineering terms, this is called failure analysis.

This should absolutely be done in college journalism classes.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:50 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Matt Taibbi is a Rolling Stone journalist with three NYT Best Selling books on US politics and politicized events.
Just pointing it to the Trump sheeple that Rolling Stone is a liberal rag ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies