Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 03:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Kittens Over Kids: Dems who defended Planned Parenthood helped end kitten research

Four Democratic senators who voted against protecting newborns sponsored a bill designed to protect baby cats.

Senators Jeff Merkley (D., Ore.), Cory Booker (D., N.J.), Gary Peters (D., Mich.), and Tom Udall (D., N.M.) cosponsored a bill designed to put an end to animal testing using kittens. The KITTEN Act of 2019 came after it was revealed that the Department of Agriculture was testing suspect Chinese meat on cats, posing a potentially fatal risk to the felines. It was introduced about a week after all of those Democratic senators voted to block legislation that would have required doctors to provide medical care to newborns who survive abortion.

Yeah, yeah... I know the argument. They aren't kids, they are fetuses. Well so were you at one time.
They're not fetuses when they're born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 03:31 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Many years ago I worked for a Beauty Products Corporation. Did not like the idea of all this testing on animals. Then I learned that employees could volunteer as test subjects; sign a consent form, release form of all liabilities. and write up a report on the new product test.

I volunteered. Most of the new products testing was very benign and just a matter of personal opinion. Exception being a new shampoo which smelled to high hell. When I shampooed my hair, it burned my scalp. I had to wash my hair multiple times before the burning went away. You can be sure I wrote up a report on this.

Think an animal could do any of the above; from sign consent, waiver, or give an in detail description of what they felt?
I can only imagine the agony of those poor rabbits who have had caustic chemicals in the Draize test, poured into their eyes while in a restraint devise. Europe has not had that type of testing for many years, but the US kept it going on. I can’t begin to comprehend the minds of people who do that type of work. It’s all about money.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:05 PM

999 posts, read 553,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, talk about massive hypocrisy! I don't see how I could ever be pro-life. The highly disgusting hypocrisy on the pro-life side is enough to make me sick to my stomach:
I don't like or understand pro-life viewpoints either, but the other commenter is right that people can care about both. It's not a choice between caring about kittens or trying to reduce abortions.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 PM

1,022 posts, read 774,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I can only imagine the agony of those poor rabbits who have had caustic chemicals in the Draize test, poured into their eyes while in a restraint devise. Europe has not had that type of testing for many years, but the US kept it going on. I can’t begin to comprehend the minds of people who do that type of work. It’s all about money.
It figures the US still does that horrific evil stuff! The people that do this evil work are monsters, not human.

Last edited by prhill; 04-05-2019 at 07:10 PM..

Old 04-06-2019, 07:56 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, I wouldn't have minded it at all if I didn't now exist because I was aborted. It would have been real nice not having to experience this hate filled, evil world. And wouldn't have had to experience a childhood that was often less than happy. More power to any politician who stands for pro-choice, instead of so called pro-life.

Exactly I try to embrace it now that I'm here but my life so far sucks and then there's the fact that I have thanatophobia..no thanatophobia bc I never existed.
I'm not saying that no one should have children and I'm not saying that I never will (in the right setting I would like to think the child wouldn't have thanatophobia like I do) but if the mother decides it's better they weren't born then they would know better than anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies