Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The “tipping point” of anything doesn’t exist. Made up AGW alarmist term.
Not according to Hank Johnson!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,398,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The denialist movement will slowly fade as science knowledge continues to increase in younger people.
...as they are BRAINWASHED to believe that Humans are destroying the Earth, right?

The canary in the coal mine AOC has made it clear; at 29 years old, she is preaching the end is nigh via mankind BAD! These kids are being taught that CO2 is pollution, and we have only 12 years until we're DOOMED!

Looks like they got you too; sad!

I live on Long Island, N.Y, USA. This island is the result of mile thick glaciers of the Laurentide ice sheet terminating here, and receding, only to return during the Younger Dyras period, which I believe was the result of an impact event that knocked Humanity back by halting the thaw of the last ice age, and then the glaciers retreated again.

Cape Cod is our cousin in geologic formation.

My point is that science + politics = evil.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,398,878 times
What caused the initial thawing of the Laurentide ice sheet, and even overcame the Younger Dryas event?

What turned up the heat?

I think that star in the day time sky, and anomalies/wobbles in the Earth's axial tilt, and fluctuating eccentric orbit around the Sun, have control of our climate.

Today's charlatans and snake oil hawkers are the AGW proponents...as they cite "science!"

Old 04-16-2019, 07:21 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,101,113 times
Latest nonsense claim- People from 3 Central America countries are invading our southern border because of 'climate change' in their home countries.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:23 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
What caused the initial thawing of the Laurentide ice sheet, and even overcame the Younger Dryas event?

What turned up the heat?

I think that star in the day time sky, and anomalies/wobbles in the Earth's axial tilt, and fluctuating eccentric orbit around the Sun, have control of our climate.

Today's charlatans and snake oil hawkers are the AGW proponents...as they cite "science!"
Due to differences in Earth's orbit 8,000 years ago, the amount of solar energy reaching the northern hemisphere was significantly greater than today, while the level of greenhouse gases were nearly equivalent to preindustrial conditions. The sum of these climate forcings combined to produce a surface warming 8,000 years ago that is broadly similar to that expected by 2100 A.D.

https://serc.carleton.edu/vignettes/...ion/58451.html

https://www.livescience.com/19481-ic...ide-orbit.html

Old 04-16-2019, 09:14 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,229,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So what, is she not entitled to an opinion?
I never said she wasn't. The poster I was replying to claimed that she never said it, and that the only reason anyone believes she said it is because they are biased against AOC.

But she did say it. Multiple times. Although she has since changed her position to 12 years being a tipping-point, where if we don't cut emissions in half in the next 12-years the "catastrophic effects of climate-change will be irreversible".

Let me say this, there is no way in hell that the world is going to cut emissions in half by 2030. And what will happen as a result? What happened in the last 12-years?

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-16-2019 at 09:22 PM..

Old 04-16-2019, 09:24 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never said she wasn't. The poster I was replying to claimed that she never said it, and that the only reason anyone believes she said it is because they are biased against AOC.

But she did say it. Multiple times. Although she has since changed her position to 12 years being a tipping-point, where if we don't cut emissions in half in the next 12-years the "catastrophic effects of climate-change will be irreversible".

Let me start out by saying that there is no way in hell that the world is going to cut emissions in half by 2030. And what will happen as a result? What happened in the last 12-years?
If recent history is any indicator, they'll just feign amnesia and issue a new 10-12 year doomsday prediction.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:17 PM

1,487 posts, read 784,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The problem:
Kids are always being deluded by the evils spoken in school and all about society.

The current remedy:
We now have easy access to prescriptions to calm the nerves as they are available at arms length.

The old fashioned remedy:
anxiety disorder,depression,sadness, fear,bleakness,talks of suicide,were treated with a few swift kicks to the pants.
This is how the older generations learned to brush the alarmist of the past off his shoulders.

Our future remedy:
We need to invest in more pants.
The youth of today are weak minded. They come from weak minded parents. The situation will only get more ridiculous. People are not strong willed anymore.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,826,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1969 View Post
Most adults who have lived long enough and lived through similar alarmism in the past like global cooling, acid rain, the population bomb, oil depletion will brush this off and treat it like background noise.
The TRAGEDY here is that the most vulnerable among us, our children, our young adults and those who might already have an anxiety disorder will be severely affected by this irresponsible alarmism.

The only real thing we need to fear and combat is the Cultural Marxists who have taken over in academia, climate science, professional representing societies like the AMA and the AMS, officials and well placed upper and middle management as well as ordinary employees of government agencies like the EPA and FDA, and the media.

For those who don't really know who Cultural Marxists are or what Cultural Marxism means please watch one or both of the following videos. If you haven't already seen them, these videos will give you insight to who the enemy of Western Civilization is and how they intend to bring Western Civilization down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaBpVzOohs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrx6xU_bwxM

As far as the CAGW/CACC alarmism driving this nation's energy policy via supposed climate science goes... President Trump is not stupid. He is forming a group of scientists for the purpose of auditing the nonsense being spread via CAGW/CACC alarmism. The Cultural Marxists in all areas are already crying foul about the assembly of this climate science audit group because they know that their cries of the CAGW/CACC bogeyman have been pretty successful so far at driving idiotic policy including shuttering coal fired electric generation plants and mandating unreliable and terribly costly "renewable energy". They know there is a very good likelihood their SCAM, their FRAUD which was designed to bring about the destruction of Western Civilization is going to be exposed for the SCAM and FRAUD it is on a huge scale and this audit will wind up driving major changes in future energy policy. Do not be surprised if this audit winds up removing a lot of federal funding for colleges and universities that are spreading this SCAM and FRAUD disguised as climate science across the nation.

The pendulum is already starting to swing the other way. The following video of a presentation to Congress was recorded in 2017. There will be more and more such presentations to Congress and I am certain President Trump will wind up putting this issue front and center, exposing it for the SCAM and FRAUD it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHFfOOF-6Fs

More and more very prominent scientists are coming forward, no longer hiding, willing to face the wrath of these Cultural Marxists who they know are corrupting science in their attempt to bring down Western Civilization. They know it will be a tough road BUT more and more are finally putting their foot down proclaiming, "If not me, then who?"

Stay vigilant, constantly exposing this SCAM and FRAUD for what it is but do it with a happy heart knowing that now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There WILL be a huge and crushing resolution to this SCAM and FRAUD in the next 2 to 6 years. We will have a tough time paying for the harm they've already created but at least we can stop the future harm they were going for. These people will be stopped in their attempt to bring this nation to its knees via skyrocketing energy prices.

For those who will try to claim I'm full of it, I want you to recall what Obama was recorded saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

Do not despair. We WILL win this war.

Old 04-17-2019, 01:29 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,826,098 times
All those who will try to claim I am not being truthful, read the following article:
https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/...ence-committee

Watch a short interview video of Dr. William Happer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8WJLR28Ys

Dr. Happer and his committee are coming after this SCAM and FRAUD known as CAGW/CACC and they will undoubtedly crush this idiotic nonsense that is based on nothing but climate models which were so fraudulent that they needed to "adjust" the historical temperature data, "nature trick" to "hide the decline" and other such nonsense. Dr. Happer is on to this scam. He and the rest of President Trump's Climate Science Committee will absolutely destroy this SCAM and FRAUD. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big players in this scam like Michael Mann, James Hansen and others aren't indicted for fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies