Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,394,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Kudos to Trump for making the left look not only stupid but also like hypocrites. They want illegals pouring across the border but they don't want them in their districts.
Masterful trolling of the left to expose their hypocrisy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 04:06 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If you cared you'd know the phones were a Reagan plan.

Oh, I agree......however, Reagan had no clue about Cell phone, he was talking about landline phones.....

Do you care enough to understand the difference? If you cared, you could/would realize the difference, but it's obvious you don't.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:06 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,911,679 times
How about sending sixty-five or so of those seeking asylum to Mar-a-Lago, so Trump wouldn't have to advertise for imported "help" from (mostly) Eastern Europe? After all, those trying to cross the border legally certainly demonstrate their strong desire to come into this country, and their fellow countrymen and women are known to be extremely hard workers, with a much lower crime rate than those born in this country. So why not give them a try at Mar-a-Lago?

They're already here - no need to pay for pricy airfare from Romania or Ukraine or Bulgaria - and being hard workers and determined to do well, just need some English language instruction and job training to get the job done.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 04-12-2019 at 05:00 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 04:13 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiping
Liberal racists here should stop using the word "punish". It's not punishment, but blessings.
According to multiple fact checkers, illegal immigrant are less likely to commit crimes than native citizens. They make your communities better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then WHY doesn't someone explain that to the buffoon in the White House?

WOW.......so lets get this straight. You are an illegal immigrant, you don't want everyone to know this, so you are not going to commit a crime so you can stay under the radar and continue to get free stuff....

SAY it ain't so....what dumb comments....

Hey, I just broke they law (knowingly)...look at me.....I just robbed a bank... look at me, really, I did it...

Hey everyone, I just stole a car....Look at me....I did it.....

Said no illegal ever....

Old 04-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,648 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WOW.......so lets get this straight. You are an illegal immigrant, you don't want everyone to know this, so you are not going to commit a crime so you can stay under the radar and continue to get free stuff....

SAY it ain't so....what dumb comments....

Hey, I just broke they law (knowingly)...look at me.....I just robbed a bank... look at me, really, I did it...

Hey everyone, I just stole a car....Look at me....I did it.....

Said no illegal ever....
I think statistics bear this out. Illegal aliens are trying to fly beneath the radar; and are much more likely to be victims of crimes, (that are never reported because they're trying to live in visibly) than be the perpetrators. Despite the huge media sensation that is made when an illegal alien commits a serious crime.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM

15,102 posts, read 8,650,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Trump has made no bones about terming illegal immigrants and sanctuary seekers dangerous and violent criminals, who are prone to attack the most vulnerable. it appears that many here would agree with that assessment.

Yet Trump proposes illegally releasing these "criminals" on innocent citizens of major American cities.

Right. And he sees nothing wrong with that notion.

The right-wingers' reactions here are kinda like Trump's everchanging, inconsistent and extremely dishonest and hypocritical comments about his views of Wikileaks. Never mind that you can't have it both ways: cheering for releasing illegals into sanctuary cities, yet claiming to care about the well-being of those American citizens who live in said cities and who had nothing whatsoever to do with their cities being named as sanctuary cities.

Vengeance would seem to be the driving factor behind Trump's desire to send illegals into said cities - vengeance against those who declared them sanctuaries. Any resulting civilian injuries are just collateral damage, it seems.

Yet Trump claims these same illegals are dangerous criminals - while he proposed putting them into closer contact with the vulnerable, whom he also claims to care about enormously.

Which is it, Mr. Trump? If you care so much about the well-being of Americans, why do you want to put them in close proximity of injury or death at the hands of those whom you've termed dangerous criminals?
STOP THE IDIOTIC RHETORIC.... answer a simple question .... why should the release of illegals ( that is required by the flawed laws crafted by democrats) be released into communities who appose such laws and do not want these illegals, rather than releasing them into communities who support said laws, and whose officials declare such communities as sanctuaries for illegals?

There is nothing “vengeful” in sending them to where they appear to be wanted and welcomed?

Can you just answer this without all of the bluster and Trump Derangement drivel?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,359,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Trump has made no bones about terming illegal immigrants and sanctuary seekers dangerous and violent criminals, who are prone to attack the most vulnerable. it appears that many here would agree with that assessment.

Yet Trump proposes illegally releasing these "criminals" on innocent citizens of major American cities.

Right. And he sees nothing wrong with that notion.
Oh now they’re criminals? I thought they were all good people running away from violence, poverty and starvation, despite the appearance of them being 50-100lbs overweight with iPhones.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 3 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 48,001,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm pretty liberal but I agree with Trump on this. If sanctuary cities want to welcome illegal immigrants, they should put their money where their mouths are.
I am laughing so hard at these left-wing mayors in their reactions to this plan. The left's hypocrisy will be fun to watch in the next few days.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:26 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Developing government policy as 'payback' or punishment to the opposition is a disgusting way to run any country.

So you view having these illegals in your community as such a bad thing that it constitutes punishment?

What Trump is doing is exposing liberals for the hypocrites that they are.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:29 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,093,392 times
Trump wouldn't dare. He's all talk, doesn't have the balls to follow through with this. Trump is just saying this to get his base all riled up and excited.

Trump supporters LOVE IT when Trump talks about being mean and vindictive to brown people and Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies