Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,294,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Barr is banking on people not remembering what happened when the Watergate report was finished. The whole unredacted report was given, with no guilty or not guilty recommendation, to Congress. Congress made up their minds, based on the whole, unredacted report. The Republicans went to see Tricky Dick and gave him a choice, resign or face impeachment.

totally clueless about history. They had Nixon on tape authorizing the cover-up and hush money. Without the tape, Nixon doesn't resign and finishes up his 2nd term. Forget Dean, that was his word against the President. It was the tape that doomed Nixon....that's why after Nixon, NO president has tape recorders in the W.H.

Unless Mueller has tapes of Trump "colluding" with Russia or obstruction. Then you can keep wishing and still get a nothing burger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 09:45 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,718,604 times
There may be recordings. Or not. Just because recordings took Nixon down doesn't mean that is what will take Trump down. But there are tons and tons of videos of Trump lying his @ss off.

This forum seems to be a huge den of right wingers. I wonder why that is?

Old 04-13-2019, 09:46 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,765,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I'll see your bet & raise you ...

Mr. Trump likely wishes it was that easy to con the SDNY. Not bloody likely.

Meanwhile ...

What the President May Now Fear Most in Mueller Report

"Mueller's Road Map" for the Southern District of New York prosecutors

https://www.justsecurity.org/63577/w...ueller-report/

More here:

All Evidence Points to Campaign Finance Crimes By President Trump
https://www.justsecurity.org/61853/e...esident-trump/

& here:

Did Trump Organization Executives Cook the Books?–Tax Crimes Explained under Federal and State Law
https://www.justsecurity.org/61831/t...es-cook-books/

With William Barr in charge of the SDNY, I trust their investigations were launched with proper predicate & they will follow the law. Barr will make sure of it.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:53 PM

23,816 posts, read 34,774,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Oh, I think enough people remember. Barr is a trickster. He got away with the Iran-Contra cover-up, so he thinks he can wash Trump. No one can wash a big baby as dirty as Donald Trump because he is a thousand times worse than Nixon.
That's an understatement. As dirty as Nixon was, and they didn't call him Tricky Dick for no reason, Trump is many times dirtier.

Does Barr think that he can do anything about the State of New York investigations? They already closed down the phony charity and banned the family from serving on charitable boards.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
totally clueless about history. They had Nixon on tape authorizing the cover-up and hush money. Without the tape, Nixon doesn't resign and finishes up his 2nd term. Forget Dean, that was his word against the President. It was the tape that doomed Nixon....that's why after Nixon, NO president has tape recorders in the W.H.

Unless Mueller has tapes of Trump "colluding" with Russia or obstruction. Then you can keep wishing and still get a nothing burger.
Hon, I remember watching the Senate hearings conducted by Senator Sam with my mother and grandfather, when I wasn't at work. I am far from clueless.

Congress got the whole, unredacted report. The tapes were part of what they got.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Hon, I remember watching the Senate hearings conducted by Senator Sam with my mother and grandfather, when I wasn't at work. I am far from clueless.

Congress got the whole, unredacted report. The tapes were part of what they got.

sure you did. Nixon's downfall was the tapes. That was the whole fight in the courts and why he fired the Special Prosecutor and the SC had to step in. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Does Barr think that he can do anything about the State of New York investigations? They already closed down the phony charity and banned the family from serving on charitable boards.

why would Barr care what the N.Y. Democrat prosecutor is doing? and the family hasn't been banned for serving in a charitable board. The judge approved the deal between Trump and the NY DA to dissolve the charity, the two sides had 30 days to provide her with a list of nonprofit organizations that should get the remaining funds. Each charity will get the same amount, and the attorney general's office will have the right to reject ones it deems unfit to receive funds......it was a settlement. No criminal charges were filed.

This is like when Obama violated campaign finance laws in 2008 and was just fined $375,000 by the FEC. NO criminal charges.....but good luck in the searching for a crime.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
There may be recordings. Or not. Just because recordings took Nixon down doesn't mean that is what will take Trump down. But there are tons and tons of videos of Trump lying his @ss off.

if politicians lying to the public is a crime. The whole federal government would be shut down.
no, we have also a huge den of left-wingers in this forum and you just joined the club.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:43 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,620,887 times
Quote:

There's a couple dozen alt-rightists constantly trying to hammer home their opinions here (or maybe fulfill their job contracts), but this may be one of the few gathering-places for them. Out of many millions, this bunch is insignificant. The closer their idol comes to his downfall, the louder they protest, but it means nothing. Best to just express your own positions on things and ignore them.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
sure you did. Nixon's downfall was the tapes. That was the whole fight in the courts and why he fired the Special Prosecutor and the SC had to step in. You are comparing apples and oranges.
Deny to your heart's content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies