Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 09:49 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times

Advertisements

Liberals equate any nationalism to nazis. If only they would **** off to some place like Antartica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 09:56 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
From some other threads on here about the American flag, I get the impression there are still many people who do not know flag etiquette, there were people in another thread trying to claim its perfectly fine and great to wear clothing with the flag on it!

( Of course, there was a time I wasnt aware of this either, I wore a Ralph Lauren Polo tshirt that had an american flag on the front and got called out on it at work by a veteran, once I knew that was wrong, I no longer wore that shirt.)

Im not sure its appropriate to paint the flag on a police car.
If I were you, I wouldn't go into a Cracker Barrel anytime soon.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:34 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
What proof do you have to justify that statement—that “most of the people bitching about our flag are products of countries whos mode of transportation would be the donkey if it weren’t for our technology”???
just about every time someone is offended by the flag, it’s a third worlder.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,726,240 times
[quote=jm1982;54936022]Wow , this is nuts!

imagine being an immigrant or visitor in another country and being “offended” by their flag

All this stuff started happening with the whole SJW movement. Now our country’s flag is “controversial “?

——
A decision to affix an American flag graphic to the side of freshly painted Laguna Beach police cars is dividing residents who are alternately praising the image as patriotic or panning it as too aggressive.

“People are screaming that the American flag on a police car is somehow or another … hurting people’s feelings who might be immigrants or visitors,” said Councilman Peter Blake. “People are actually ridiculous enough to bring up comments about our cop cars having American flags on them.”

https://ktla.com/2019/04/13/american...park-backlash/[/QUOTE.

The flag is associated too much with harsh right-wing elements in this country starting from the Vietnam war (maybe before) to the present.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:43 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I don't worship sky cloths.
No one says to worship our flag. We are talking about respecting what it symbolizes.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:50 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
From some other threads on here about the American flag, I get the impression there are still many people who do not know flag etiquette, there were people in another thread trying to claim its perfectly fine and great to wear clothing with the flag on it!

( Of course, there was a time I wasnt aware of this either, I wore a Ralph Lauren Polo tshirt that had an american flag on the front and got called out on it at work by a veteran, once I knew that was wrong, I no longer wore that shirt.)

Im not sure its appropriate to paint the flag on a police car.
LOL. I remember when Abbie Hoffman got arrested for wearing an American Flag shirt when he was getting ready to testify for the House Committee on UnAmerican Activities.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:09 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
No one says to worship our flag. We are talking about respecting what it symbolizes.
Statism?

Old 04-14-2019, 11:15 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Unbelievable. One triggered complainer said he was dining with his wife and saw "several parents and small children scatter," and that there was "like a little panic going on." Oh, and he was "like what's happening?"

All this drama because a few police cars showed up with a stars and stripes design, which isn't even a flag. I guess that's a microaggression.

The biggest joke is that they're reconsidering--which, in California means Buh-bye, if certain demographics are offended.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:18 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The surprise is we don't yet see the hammer and sickle on the CA. flag or police cars.

Its coming !!! Out with the old and in with the new to express the communist views.
well...……..they already have the Russian bear...……..

Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
just about every time someone is offended by the flag, it’s a third worlder.
Opinion—not fact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies