Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I had a friend who was a proabortion advocate. very firm in her opinion.

She had a miscarriage 2 days after she found out she was pregnant. She was probably barely 4 wks in.

She told her young children about it, posted on FB all about it, memes galore, sad faces, praying hands, etc., missing her baby, and how her 5 y old son wanted to have a funeral for mommy's lost baby. He drew pictures and released a balloon to say goodbye. He cried about it.

Then in the next breath she'd tell you how women must have the right to chose to abort because it's only a "fetus." So abortions are OK because it's a fetus but not a baby. But hers was a baby not a fetus.

Right. Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
It is not a fetus at 4 weeks. It is an embryo. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. It was just like a very heavy period. I would have not known I was pregnant if I had not gone to my OB/GYN shortly afterwards for routine checkup. He said could tell my from exam.

I also had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy also at 6 weeks. If it had not ruptured, it could not be removed? Killing a person? Your "personhood" would not apply because a woman has the right to defend her own life including killing another person. I am still Pro-choice after both. Not meant to be. I had a child before, and after, these occurred. Cherish THEM.

Personhood from when? Moment of conception? Not all fertilization result in implantation and live births. Impossible to know this. In fact, some birth control methods not only prevent fertilization, but implantation as well. Ban these for killing people?

Investigate and report all early miscarriages????Death Certificates with Date of Conception? Absurd.

Your friend has the right to her opinion. We all do not share her views.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-23-2019 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 04-22-2019, 10:00 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48
It is not a fetus at 4 weeks. It is an embryo. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. It was just like a very heavy period. I would have not known I was pregnant if I had not gone to my OB/GYN shortly afterwards for routine checkup. He said could tell my from exam.

I also had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy also at 6 weeks. If it had not ruptured, it could not be removed? Killing a person? Your "personhood" would not apply because a woman has the right to defend her own life including killing another person. I am still Pro-choice after both. Not meant to be. I had a child before, and after, these occurred. Cherish THEM.

Personhood from when? Moment of conception? Not all fertilization result in implantation and live births. Impossible to know this. In fact, some birth control methods not only prevent fertilization, but implantation as well. Ban these for killing people?

Investigate and report all early miscarriages????Death Certificates with Date of Conception? Absurd.

Your friend has the right to her opinion. We all do not share her views.
Not only that, some pro-lifers want women saddled with the expense of providing a proper burial when she has an abortion.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201801...borted-fetuses

Shouldn't that apply to miscarriages as well?

I wonder if her friend paid for a proper burial for her "baby".....or did she just flush the toilet?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not only that, some pro-lifers want women saddled with the expense of providing a proper burial when she has an abortion.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/201801...borted-fetuses

Shouldn't that apply to miscarriages as well?

I wonder if her friend paid for a proper burial for her "baby".....or did she just flush the toilet?
No one arguing for "personhood" has addressed those issues. Child support, tax deductions, government assistance (one person argued WIC was for the fetus), SS numbers, burial, death certificates. Can one get a life insurance policy on an embryo. Will you need to add it to your health insurance policy as a child instead of a pregnancy?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:13 AM

4,386 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No one arguing for "personhood" has addressed those issues. Child support, tax deductions, government assistance (one person argued WIC was for the fetus), SS numbers, burial, death certificates. Can one get a life insurance policy on an embryo. Will you need to add it to your health insurance policy as a child instead of a pregnancy?
Will the state start issuing conception certificates?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
So personhood is only defined by the govt? Is that correct?

The govt had no problem saying salves were 3.5 of a person. They were able to function perfectly happy with that.

I also know someone who had a home birth and the child does not have a SS number. Is that child a non person? The child doesn't exist until govt paperwork is filed?

Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Pretty much because when you want a baby you project. If you do not, your dont.
Either way it is biologically a fetus regardless of what one chooses to call it.
Pretty much because when you want to kill it, you project. You pretend you aren't killing a baby.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:28 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Reproductive rights?

Women can have sex and/or use BC any time they want. They can see a GYN. Or not. They can get tested for STIs and cancer. Or not. There are pills, rings, patches, injections, implants and surgeries to address BC needs. BC is available OTC in almost every convenience store, gas station, grocery store, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Duane Reade, Rite Aid, etc.

Women have a ton of "reproductive" rights. And are free to use any/all how they see fit in their own bodies. And THEY SHOULD.

But killing someone else who has completely different DNA because you feel like it? Is wrong. And has nothing to do with a woman's reproductive "rights."
There has been a movement since Roe v Wade that some BC causes an abortion. That class of BC will be against the law. I was once told by a group of Mormon and Catholic men that I was going to hell for going against the will of G-d because I supported BC

Read up on the failure rates of every kind of BC.

Time was women living in certain states had to travel to other states to get their bc pills. Is that what you want to go back to?

Old 04-22-2019, 11:32 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Many women died of back alley or self inflicted abortions. One in my own family. During the depression and until abortion became legal, family doctors would list the cause of death as something else. It was done all the time. Women also hid their pregnancy then abandoned their babies. Yes women do die when abortion is illegal, do I care if the number is only half that, or triple that? No, that fact that any women would be so desperate to self abort and died is enough.

And we know your claim is true because violins were playing in the background.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There has been a movement since Roe v Wade that some BC causes an abortion. That class of BC will be against the law. I was once told by a group of Mormon and Catholic men that I was going to hell for going against the will of G-d because I supported BC

Read up on the failure rates of every kind of BC.

Time was women living in certain states had to travel to other states to get their bc pills. Is that what you want to go back to?
Quote me where I said I was against BC.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:33 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,238,141 times
I guess I could then sue all my Ex girlfriends for using contraception and infringing on my sperm's god given right to impregnate them thereby denying LIFE and causing irreputable harm to the would-be fetus. Damn liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies