Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Lowering the voting age to 16 is also the 1st step in calling a 16yo an adult.

After that it'll be the legal age of consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 08:23 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Pedophilia is a serious mental illness and should be treated as such... including teaching about it (appropriately to age appropriate audience). Should be handled similar to other mental illnesses that can lead to violent behavior.

I don't think this school district nor this official should represent the wider community... someone needs to educate them. There are isolated nutcases no matter what political orientation, geographic location, or economic status.

A Pedophile isn't necessarily someone who has molested a child. A child molester isn't necessarily done by a pedophile.

Some studies show that most child sex abusers are not pedophiles. Many pedophiles live in isolation in guilt, self loathing, and ashamed; unable to seek help as a result. There are help organizations that assist these people continue to avoid situations that are in the proximity of children and manage their condition... many never offend.

Those that do, whether due to pedophilia or other reasons, should be prosecuted harshly.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:24 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Lowering the voting age to 16 is also the 1st step in calling a 16yo an adult.

After that it'll be the legal age of consent.
I live in Canada where the age of consent is 16, is that weird to some American states?

Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I have discussed in the past how there will be efforts to normal pedophilia... here's another example.

These people are mentally disabled. They are promoting criminal behavior to teenagers. Unbelievable...

Pedophilia Being Taught As “Sexual Orientation” in California Schools
Government school officials in California think it is “really important” to teach children about pedophilia and pederasty in the classroom because it is a “sexual orientation.” That is according to a top official for California's Brea Olinda School District, who admitted to parents that it was being done — and that it would continue, despite the outrage.

Stephanie Yates, founder of Informed Parents of California, asked school officials why they were “teaching pedophilia in school to 9th graders.” But instead of a denial that such an atrocity was taking place, a top school official confirmed it was happening and acted like there was nothing wrong with it.

“This is done because we are talking about historical perspectives of how gender relations and different types of sexual orientations have existed in history,” said BOUSD Assistant Superintendent of Curricula Kerrie Torres in a matter-of-fact way, sounding almost oblivious to how the bombshell might sound to normal people.

Horrified, the mother turned activist expressed shock at Torres' admission. “So sex between a man and a boy is a sexual orientation?” she asked. Torres did not deny it. “It's something that occurred in history, and so this is really important for us to include,” the assistant superintendent said, implying that yes, sexual relations between a man and a boy — properly considered rape under the laws of every state — is a “sexual orientation.”

People who believe such deviancy should be put down like mad dogs.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:33 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Some studies show that most child sex abusers are not pedophiles. Many pedophiles live in isolation in guilt, self loathing, and ashamed; unable to seek help as a result. .
From what I've seen, they are pretty vocal on the internet. They definitely speak out online and often don't seem ashamed at all of what they are. They also are pretty good at victim blaming.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:35 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
No, no, no, no, no! This oft-repeated lie is part if the homosexual agenda.

Homosexuality was forbidden in Sparta, the penalty being loss of citizenship. ALL of the ancients agreed up this, including Plutarch, but most notably Xenophon, who owned property in Sparta, commanded Spartan troops in battle, and sponsored his sons through the agoge.

Spartans were fanatically loyal to their women to a point that was considered by the other Greeks to be dangerous.

Even in Athens, homosexuality had to be kept "in closet," and anyone who has read Plato or Aristophanes knows this. Of the major powers, only Thebes openly flaunted homosexuality.

Here is some free education for you. Please don't bother with any bull**** about what your professor said, what you saw in a movie, or how you would like things to be. This IS the answer:

Affectionate regard for boys of good character was permissible, but embracing them was held to be disgraceful, on the ground that the affection was for the body and not for the mind. Any man against whom complaint was made of any disgraceful embracing was deprived of all civic rights for life.
Plutarch, Customs of the Spartans, 7

I think I ought to say something also about intimacy with boys, since this matter also has a bearing on education. In other Greek states, for instance among the Boeotians, man and boy live together, like married people; elsewhere, among the Eleians, for example, consent is won by means of favors. Some, on the other hand, entirely forbid suitors to talk with boys. The customs instituted by Lycurgus were opposed to all of these. If someone, being himself an honest man, admired a boy's soul and tried to make of him an ideal friend without reproach and to associate with him, he approved, and believed in the excellence of this kind of training. But if it was clear that the attraction lay in the boy's outward beauty, he banned the connection as an abomination; and thus he caused lovers to abstain from boys no less than parents abstain from sexual intercourse with their children and brothers and sisters with each other.
Xenophon, Constitution of the Lacedaimonians, chapter 2

And this is what has actually happened at Sparta; the legislator wanted to make the whole state hardy and temperate, and he has carried out his intention in the case of the men, but he has neglected the women, who live in every sort of intemperance and luxury. The consequence is that in such a state wealth is too highly valued, especially if the citizen fall under the dominion of their wives, after the manner of most warlike races, except the Celts and a few others who openly approve of male loves. The old mythologer would seem to have been right in uniting Ares and Aphrodite, for all warlike races are prone to the love either of men or of women. This was exemplified among the Spartans in the days of their greatness; many things were managed by their women.
Aristotle, Policts, book 2 chapter 9

Spartan love knows nothing shameful: whether a young man should dare to suffer outrage or a lover to give it, it would benefit neither to dishonor Sparta by doing so. For they would either have to leave their fatherland or better yet life itself.
Aelian, Varied History 3.12

'Any male Spartan that admires a Lakonian youth, admires him only as we would a very beautiful statue. For bodily pleasures of this type are brought upon them by Hubris and are forbidden..'
Maximus of Tyre "Declamations' 20.e

OK, well thanks for that. I'm not going to toss any buls*** back at you about anything and just as a tidbit you brought my hackles up a bit with that. You ruined an otherwise informative and interesting editorial with that. Just so you know. Otherwise I have some good stuff to re research my readings on this subject with. I have no issue with admitting when I;m wrong and/or misinformed. And I'm not a college boy. I got my information out of texts in my Dad's library when I was still in school and living at home. There is no professor involved.

So aside from the assumptions of my character and the crass language thanks for the lesson.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
From what I've seen, they are pretty vocal on the internet. They definitely speak out online and often don't seem ashamed at all of what they are. They also are pretty good at victim blaming.
Yeh.. because we have seen time and time again that the internet is a representation of the reality and is never wrong.... and we can tell whether they are child molester or a pedophile from the internet.

This thread is after all about pedophiles... not necessarily child molesters.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Politicians running for office, especially AOC, Joe, Nancy, etc need to be asked point blank if they believe pedophilia is a sexual orientation. The question should be asked over and over again until they definitively answer the question.

As for a teacher or anyone saying that pedophilia is a sexual orientation, wouldn't that teacher be putting homosexuality on the same level as pedophilia?

Teach kids about pedophilia, sure. Teach them that pedophiles are disgusting perverts who prey on helpless children and that they need to be placed in solitary confinement or either in prison with prisoners who despise scum who prey on children.
well, in the fairly recent past, it was common to hear such things in regards to homosexuality too!!

Heck, if you want to go even further back, there was a time when people with certain mental conditions,and/or physical diseases, where they were labelled as 'disgusting, evil, demonic, etc, with Lepers, people even wanted them separated from the rest of the public, sort of shunned from society (for something they literally had no control over and of course we now know today, this was not indicative of demonic activity or other such things!

Im not rooting for pedphilia or anything, Im just pointing out, society has been on this path before, its nothing new or special, we are very good at eventually coming around to accept something, that was once viewed as criminal, evil, etc.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
well, in the fairly recent past, it was common to hear such things in regards to homosexuality too!!

Heck, if you want to go even further back, there was a time when people with certain mental conditions,and/or physical diseases, where they were labelled as 'disgusting, evil, demonic, etc, with Lepers, people even wanted them separated from the rest of the public, sort of shunned from society (for something they literally had no control over and of course we now know today, this was not indicative of demonic activity or other such things!

Im not rooting for pedphilia or anything, Im just pointing out, society has been on this path before, its nothing new or special, we are very good at eventually coming around to accept something, that was once viewed as criminal, evil, etc.
This ^^

I'd rather get pedophiles get into help programs and away from my and other children.... Better than having them live in the proximity of children without any sort of support as a ticking time bomb so to speak.

Child molesters.. well.. just lock the up and throw away the key.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:48 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yeh.. because we have seen time and time again that the internet is a representation of the reality and is never wrong.... and we can tell whether they are child molester or a pedophile from the internet..
Yes, actually they couldn't be more obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies