Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 02:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradorunner View Post
I'd love to see a baby surviving outside of the womb on their own at 16 or 18 weeks.

If the fetus can't survive on it's own at that stage, it's not really alive, it's more of a parasite.
Nope.

That is not what a parasite it. Biology 101.

Do babies survive on their own when born? Put em in car and send em to Target to pick up beer? They are perfectly capable of feeding, bathing and caring for themselves? Need no attention whatsoever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 02:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Interesting...you put that ALL on the woman.

If a *woman* has sex she should know there is the chance she could become pregnant...
If a *woman* has unprotected sex...

Not a single word about a man or his responsibility not to get his partner pregnant.

Misogyny, alive & well.
Nope.

But now that you've asked:

All men who don't want to impregnate a women should wear a condom.

Any women who asks a man to wear a condom and he refuses? Buh bye, there's the door. No sex for you. Plenty of men WILL wear a condom. Go find one.

Did I blow up your mind?

Old 05-15-2019, 02:29 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I just cant understand that line of thinking. Is it you believe she should go through a pregnancy and have a child she doesn't want, perhaps because she cant afford another child, has no father in the picture, no family support, might lose her job, ect. out of guilt because she did not use contraception.
To me that line of thinking stems from wanting to punish the woman, not out of some belief its killing a baby and definitely not out of concern for the well being of the unborn child or any existing siblings, much less the woman. Not using contraception or failed contraception is not going to change the fate of those involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Based on your logic that it’s ok to punish a woman for having sex by forcing her to carry the fetus to term, then you’d be ok with also punishing her partner by forcing a vasectomy on him? After all, she wasn’t the only one who knew sex (even with contraception) could lead to pregnancy. If we’re punishing her by denying her body autonomy, it’s only fair we do the same to him. Right??
@2mares: I am saying that one who does get pregnant through unprotected or protected sex should carry out the baby because she choose that risk and now she should deal with consequences. So, out of guilt and a as punishment, yes. Now, it is on her friends and family whether or not they will support her.

@UNC4ME: I honestly didn't look at from the guy's side like that but I think that is an appropriate punishment or have him also pay child support.

I will admit my anti-abortion views don't often put critical thinking into the points these 2 users made. However, one that does stand with me is that a woman who has consensual unprotected sex and is very aware of the fact she could get pregnant shouldn't get an abortion. At least the protected sex scenarios might lessen the chances a bit.

The above are my views. Of course, the woman and man involved have their choice of how they want it to be resolved. Despite being anti-abortion outside of rape and to protect the woman's body (medical related), I am still not in favor of these new restrictive laws. Read: I am not going to be voting for them.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:30 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Nope.

Do babies survive on their own when born? Put em in car and send em to Target to pick up beer? They are perfectly capable of feeding, bathing and caring for themselves? Need no attention whatsoever?
By abortionist logic we could probably legally kill 70 percent of the millennials living off their parents in the basement.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:30 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Nope.

Anyone (theoretically) can care for a baby once born.

For 9 months, a woman is an incubator and is the ONLY one who can support a fetus. She is also the ONLY one whose life is at risk (and all women - every single one - who gets pregnant is putting her life at risk).

You are welcome to take a 6 week old embryo and raise it to viability, though. Be my guest.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Wow so much hatred and misinformation.
Where is the hatred? If you cannot be more specific and back up your statement, I will assume you are a bot.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:32 PM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
If women are going to be barred from BC, barred from the ability to prevent a pregnancy, at risk of being impregnated through rape (which pro-lifers will still blame her for in the end) then preventing pregnancy will have to involve neutering the male. Vasectomy, castration, whatever it takes. Turn the tables and force the men to prevent impregnating anyone outside of a consensual marital relationship in which the wife has explicitly agreed to be impregnated.

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But it's a matter of FACT that the majority rules nearly every time there is a presidential election.
Often it is true yes, but then, Trump is president and no majorty of Americans wanted him

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
No I'm all for 100% on board with actual birth control of all kinds. I'm actually in favor of free state sponsor sterilization if someone chooses. That's actually a health service the gov should offer.

Abortion is not birth control.
Ohio has a bill that would make IUDs and many forms of birth control pill illegal since they have a secondary effect of preventing implantation of ovum.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Nope.

Parasite an organism living in, with, or on another organism.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parasite

Babies once born can be kept alive by numerous different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies